Goodbye Jesus

Have at it, Y'all...

Deathportal365

Goodbye Jesus

I'm always amazed at people who will tell you what God wants and thinks. "God wants America to succeed" or "God wants abortion to stop", its the ultimate claim to authority fallacy. He is not stepping in to fix or change anything, and its always a case that God must want exactly what I want. Shouldn't we be saying God hasn't struck down abortion doctors therefore He has made His choice clear? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I'm always amazed at people who will tell you what God wants and thinks. "God wants America to succeed" or "God wants abortion to stop", its the ultimate claim to authority fallacy. He is not stepping in to fix or change anything, and its always a case that God must want exactly what I want. Shouldn't we be saying God hasn't struck down abortion doctors therefore He has made His choice clear? 

What amazes me is that they never take it to the next logical step.  If god wants this so bad, why does he leave it to fallible humans to make it happen?  Why doesn’t He do it himself?  He’s all powerful, right?  Where is his “hand” in all this? 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Wertbag said:

Oh yeah, all of that is easy to explain. God talks to Christians and gives them direct instructions and commands. God's ways are not our ways, don't cha know? God could do all of those things, but he prefers to leave the heavy lifting to his loyal followers. 

I've been considering the possibility that I never was a Christian, because God never talked to me. If He had I'm pretty sure I'd still be a Christian. :wacko: Oh yeah, it's probably best not to tell the lady that Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Christian,...and (gasp!) He owned slaves and actually fathered children with them! God cannot be happy about that. :mad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/16/2018 at 5:34 PM, Geezer said:

Oh yeah, it's probably best not to tell the lady that Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Christian,...and (gasp!) He owned slaves and actually fathered children with them! God cannot be happy about that. :mad:

The slave issue may or may not bother her. What would probably really be a shock to her is the Jefferson Bible, in which Thomas Jefferson pasted together his own version of the Gospels, leaving out ALL of the miracles. Gasp!

In reality, though, there's not much chance of getting through to people who think like Deborah. They rewrite history to serve their agenda and nothing will change their minds, no matter how much you point out the Establishment Clause, the Separation of Church & State, or the fact that many of the founding fathers were actually deists rather than Christians.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

That is one sick puppy

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. [...]”

WTF?

On 11/16/2018 at 10:33 AM, Deathportal365 said:

The author certainly makes it clear that fundamentalist Christianity = political conservatism. The Senate majority is Republicans, and Republicans are the instruments of God's will. 

3 hours ago, Blood said:

The author certainly makes it clear that fundamentalist Christianity = political conservatism. The Senate majority is Republicans, and Republicans are the instruments of God's will. 

Praise Jebus!

9 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Praise Jebus!

Braise Jeeeeebus!

• Haha 1

I think it would be interesting to see how happy Political Party A would be once they got rid of all of Political Party B from elected office permanently. What do you bet that , not too long after the novelty wore off from the big 'purge', that people (who put way too much stock in politics/politician worship) would come to be just as miserable and angry about the party they called their own for so long as the 'hated' party they got rid of.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

But her emails, y'all.  Her motherfucking emails.

• Super Moderator

Just a heads up.  If this thread gets "political" I will have no choice but to move it to TOT.    Can't have anyone's eyes burned or feelings hurt.  So keep the conversation general.  Thanks.   :D

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Obviously when God created light and peace he was talking about the USA Political Party I Like,  in 2019.

So it follows that when God created darkness and evil, he was talking about the USA Political Party I Don't Like, in 2019.

Why do Christians give a shit about politics? I thought they were just passing through. In the world, but not 'of' it. Seems like they need to "let go and let God..." lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, midniterider said:

Why do Christians give a shit about politics? I thought they were just passing through. In the world, but not 'of' it. Seems like they need to "let go and let God..." lol

This is a good one, gonna steal it when the fundies start going on endlessly about politics. Gonna tell them they're too attached to the things of this world and Jesus wouldn't be pleased 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

This is a good one, gonna steal it when the fundies start going on endlessly about politics. Gonna tell them they're too attached to the things of this world and Jesus wouldn't be pleased 🤣

I've done that. Havent really talked to that person since. lol