Sign in to follow this  
Blood

13-year-old who wrote essay on gun violence killed by stray bullet in her home

Article here.

Sandra Parks knew too much about death, even at a young age.

“We are in a state of chaos. In a city in which I live, I hear and see examples of chaos almost everyday. Little children are victims of senseless gun violence,” Parks wrote.

• Sad 3

Damn.....

kL

So, you mean, still no reason to talk about guns? Whew. That was close! 

:phew:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

*Whispers*

With guns.... we could try and lessen the damage from these weapons.

GAHAAHAHHA you WHINEYBOT MAH RIGHTS!

I believe I just included the entire spectrum of the debate on this forum... :D 

Just now, LogicalFallacy said:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

*Whispers*

With guns.... we could try and lessen the damage from these weapons.

GAHAAHAHHA you WHINEYBOT MAH RIGHTS!

I believe I just included the entire spectrum of the debate on this forum... :D 

Nope, you missed one. "If she had been properly armed she could have taken down the bad guy." There aren't too many guns, there are not enough for us to be safe.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, florduh said:

Nope, you missed one. "If she had been properly armed she could have taken down the bad guy." There aren't too many guns, there are not enough for us to be safe.

Oh I actually read that in the comments... like people were stupid enough to say that!

She was in her home... when random people started randomly firing… when was she going to arm herself and shoot back FFS?

The only time being armed yourself is ever going to help is if you are aware that an active shooter is about and you have enough time to lock n load. Often in shootings people are dead before they figure out what's going on. In a home invasion if you know someone is breaking in maybe a gun is an advantage. But we are talking a very small percentage of a percentage of cases.

Also Syria has plenty of guns, so does the Congo, Mexico... those places should be safe havens based on the more guns is good line of thought.

This one dis-railed awfully quick.

Did any of we respondents read newsie to end?

Just might provide a few clues hot off back of Clue Delivery Truck for ones digestion.

In disgusted Liberty,

kFL

On 11/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, Burnedout said:

That story is truely sad, no doubt about it.  No argument. 

However, the part about this that is more sad, even despicable is that there are those who will stand on the grave of the dead and shout from the roof top to punish those who never did fire those guns for the crimes of the one's who did.  They want to blame an inanimate object rather than the person/s who used it.  That is no different than giving the perps a pass.  Perhaps the violence that killed the people of the household is a symptom of something else, and the guns make a convenient scape goat. Why this rarely happen in small towns and suburbs where people are more armed? 

Burned,

After the bolded colored resized portion above, it is my opinion for this OP that may have been a damn good place to have quit.

<Sigh>

kFL

I still think often of a seven year old girl that was asleep in her grandma's house and got shot and killed by Detroit Police.  She would have fifteen years old now.  Something about that story and her picture has never left me.

Also as I type, there are many multiple thousands of camouflaged gun owning people out in the woods all around me and all over my State, yet not one mass shooting from any of them.

I think this constant argument and it's attendant snarkage just won't ever end here. Am I right? 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

I think this constant argument and it's attendant snarkage just won't ever end here. Am I right? 

dude,

Yes.

Afraid that my Absolutist 2A stance leaves me little leeway in doing my assigned "work" here tough to do when subject comes around for the umteenthX*zillionth time, resulting in still  more shit flung across WMDave's carpets.

OP does open up with one hellova horrid preventable loss of young life.  After that trying to open up floor to MORE fighting over a whole lot of somethings "we"won't cure here.

kL

• Like 1

Well, if it will never end, then I'll throw this in.  Plus, I don't know who this gal is but I'm pretty sure that she wants me.

word-Rurik.jpg

On 11/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, duderonomy said:

I still think often of a seven year old girl that was asleep in her grandma's house and got shot and killed by Detroit Police.  She would have fifteen years old now.  Something about that story and her picture has never left me.

Also as I type, there are many multiple thousands of camouflaged gun owning people out in the woods all around me and all over my State, yet not one mass shooting from any of them.

One of my facebook friends posted this kind of meme recently: 500,000 hunters in state X and no mass shooting happened.

Do people deer hunt in the middle of downtown? Or in zero population areas? 

12 hours ago, duderonomy said:

word-Rurik.jpg

"If the answer to that question is no, the gun control debate is over."

She wants to take away my 1A right to free speech!!!!! (haha)

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, midniterider said:

One of my facebook friends posted this kind of meme recently: 500,000 hunters in state X and no mass shooting happened.

Do people deer hunt in the middle of downtown? Or in zero population areas? 

I think you miss the point.  There are no zero population areas in my state, and I'm sure that if one of the hunters that are the legal gun owners I'm talking about wanted to they could get in their pick up trucks and drive to a populated outpost somewhere here in Michigan and open fire. 

Really, do you think that population centers cause guns to hypnotize their owners to go out and shoot people? 

ok, it wasnt a mass shooting, but....

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/11/16/hunter-shot-helena-township-michigan/2024774002/

lulz

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.