Sign in to follow this  
Joshpantera

SJW-Hood, in theaters now

Looks like Star Wars isn't alone in SJW, historical revisionist Hollywood. Go out and see Robin hood, see what you think. 

5 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Looks like Star Wars isn't alone in SWJ, historical revisionist Hollywood. Go out and see Robin hood, see what you think. 

Nah.

I don't like stuff that sucks.

I don't even care about the SJW nonsense, it just looks like a terrible movie anyway.

Might watch it when I can see it for free, but probably not even then if I'm being honest.

• Haha 1

Critics hate it and the trailer looks terrible. 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12166432

The Daily Beast — Kevin Fallon:

"What's confusing is why, despite a decades-long history of not a single one of these movies getting good reviews, this is the tale that keeps getting rebooted time and time again. Outside of Errol Flynn's and the cherished Disney animated musical, the only legitimately good Robin Hood movie is the one that literally makes fun of Robin Hood movies: Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men In Tights."

• Haha 1

I think what frustrates me the most about all this "forced diversity" is how disingenuous it is. It literally FEELS like the producers are trying to hit a quota not actually "celebrate diversity." It's actually really distracting from certain movies lately, I get caught up thinking how dumb it is that a character has been changed from how an author or screenwriter intended (or just added) for no reason at all except to make some people happy. It's one thing if an actor or actress is insanely good and the role is modified for the actor, it's another to just take people and stick them in there as an SJW nod. Star Wars was the PERFECT example.

A shit movie is a shit movie, congrats on your superficiality. 

• Thanks 1

Y'all....how crazy/coincidental is this?! (@LogicalFallacy)

I have never heard of Tim Minchin in my life and then, after that funny video LF shared, I find out he's in Robin Hood! Twice in one day after a lifetime of never hearing about him. It must be god telling me I need more heathen influence in my life.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I think what frustrates me the most about all this "forced diversity" is how disingenuous it is. It literally FEELS like the producers are trying to hit a quota not actually "celebrate diversity." It's actually really distracting from certain movies lately, I get caught up thinking how dumb it is that a character has been changed from how an author or screenwriter intended (or just added) for no reason at all except to make some people happy. It's one thing if an actor or actress is insanely good and the role is modified for the actor, it's another to just take people and stick them in there as an SJW nod. Star Wars was the PERFECT example.

A shit movie is a shit movie, congrats on your superficiality.

Preach! 

Word!

I'm chomping at the bit trying not to spoiler this film. But for fucks sake, there's an elephant in the room that needs to eventually be discussed about this movie. Several actually. I walked out of the theater imaging the conversations that would stem from it here in ToT.... 

My main problem is that they've confused Robin Hood with The Arrow.

I'm glad so many of the Assholien Elites signal their virtue.  It makes it easier for me to avoid their droppings as I walk through life.

The less shit I have to scrape off my shoes the better these days.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

My main problem is that they've confused Robin Hood with The Arrow.

Actually that's not your main problem, but whatever.  :)

And yeah, you are right.  I only watched the trailer but that was enough.  Halfway through it I wanted Heath Ledger's Joker to show up and firebomb the lot of it,  just to add some twist. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Preach! 

Word!

I'm chomping at the bit trying not to spoiler this film. But for fucks sake, there's an elephant in the room that needs to eventually be discussed about this movie. Several actually. I walked out of the theater imaging the conversations that would stem from it here in ToT.... 

Read a spoiler synopsis, because I'm never going to watch this stupid movie anyway, so it really can't be spoiled for me.

Yeah, it's dumber and worse than this post makes it sound for a lot of reasons.

Plus, it's missing characters and mashes a few together as well. Not sure if it was trying to "save something for the sequel" or just streamline the plot. Either way, the end result is worse because of it.

I dunno that I'd call it "SJW" rather than simply being a movie that is trying and failing to be politically topical with a period fantasy in ways that don't make any sense for a period fantasy, particularly regarding geo-political elements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Actually that's not your main problem, but whatever.  :)

Oooh biatch! :P 

My main problem WITH THE MOVIE

Why did I not put that? Why? Then Dude comes along and fucks all over me. Not nice.

4 hours ago, ContraBardus said:

I dunno that I'd call it "SJW" rather than simply being a movie that is trying and failing to be politically topical with a period fantasy in ways that don't make any sense for a period fantasy, particularly regarding geo-political elements.

Let's just say it's for the same reasons that the new Star Wars movies have been called as such. 

11 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Let's just say it's for the same reasons that the new Star Wars movies have been called as such. 

So Robin Hood gets bested and sidelined by a completely new, unknown and barely announced female that never touched a bow in her life? Amirite?

• Haha 1

I can hardly go into it without doing a massive spoiler. But the SJW aspect relates to social marxist views implemented in the movie, like Star Wars. 

2 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I can hardly go into it without doing a massive spoiler. But the SJW aspect relates to social marxist views implemented in the movie, like Star Wars. 

I think you should just post what's on your mind. And right at the beginning of the post put in big bold letters that it's a spoiler alert.

That way, if you end up spoiling it for someone , it's not your fault. It's theirs.

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not read any further if you haven't seen Robin Hood and don't want it spoiled. 

Robin get's sent off to the crusades. He's pretty good with an arrow. He's in heavy combat with the Muslims. The "evil" English christians, are savages to the poor, helpless, and seemingly innocent muslims. They are taking heads of the muslim captives. What savages these old, white, christian Europeans are to these poor muslims, who, are in this case often black muslims. I suppose the evil white English christians weren't taking heads in response to the muslims having already made a virture of taking heads. Robin tries saving a black muslims son from beheading to stop the barbarism of the evil white English, but fails. The black muslim takes note of Robin's honorable efforts. Robin, being an entitled rich white kid of the English aristocracy gets shipped back to England instead of killed for treason. 

He arrives to the evil sheriff having claimed his property for the state. He lost maiden Mary to some SJW activist for the common people while he was gone. But the black Muslim stowed away on the ship and followed Robin back to England. He takes Robin aside and comes up with a plan to figure out what's going on, and that involved stealing from the rich, evil, white Europeans and redistributing their wealth as the plot goes on. The black muslim's name translated into English is, "John." Little John from the story to be exact. The christian's are the bad guys, the muslims the good guys in this tale. And Llittle John is a black muslim who asserts authority over Robin Hood. And Robin rises to the throne of SJW leader for the people, get back his women, and begins an act of defiance against the christian led authorities. That's the general gist of the theme. 

It's an SJW-Hood. It could also go as Historical Revisionist-Hood. Or even Social Marxist-Hood. 

Or better yet, Holly-Hood.

6 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not read any further if you haven't seen Robin Hood and don't want it spoiled. 

Robin get's sent off to the crusades. He's pretty good with an arrow. He's in heavy combat with the Muslims. The "evil" English christians, are savages to the poor, helpless, and seemingly innocent muslims. They are taking heads of the muslim captives. What savages these old, white, christian Europeans are to these poor muslims, who, are in this case often black muslims. I suppose the evil white English christians weren't taking heads in response to the muslims having already made a virture of taking heads. Robin tries saving a black muslims son from beheading to stop the barbarism of the evil white English, but fails. The black muslim takes note of Robin's honorable efforts. Robin, being an entitled rich white kid of the English aristocracy gets shipped back to England instead of killed for treason. 

He arrives to the evil sheriff having claimed his property for the state. He lost maiden Mary to some SJW activist for the common people while he was gone. But the black Muslim stowed away on the ship and followed Robin back to England. He takes Robin aside and comes up with a plan to figure out what's going on, and that involved stealing from the rich, evil, white Europeans and redistributing their wealth as the plot goes on. The black muslim's name translated into English is, "John." Little John from the story to be exact. The christian's are the bad guys, the muslims the good guys in this tale. And Little John is a black muslim who asserts authority over Robin Hood. And Robin rises to the throne of SJW leader for the people, get back his women, and begins an act of defiance against the christian led authorities. That's the general gist of the theme. 

It's an SJW-Hood. It could also go as Historical Revisionist-Hood. Or even Social Marxist-Hood. 

Or better yet, Holly-Hood.

Wow, that's really fucking stupid. Again, it's the disingenuous part that bugs me. It's CLEARLY still a capitalist undertaking, they are just trying to satisfy the "marxist vibes" of todays young people via the market and people see through it. Or at least I hope to the FSM they do.

• Thanks 2

JP isn't that basically the theme of the last Robin Hood with Kevin Costner in It?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

It's CLEARLY still a capitalist undertaking, they are just trying to satisfy the "marxist vibes" of todays young people via the market and people see through it. Or at least I hope to the FSM they do.

That's what it seems like. With Star Wars and now Robin Hood. Trying to market to gen Z millennial's and thinking this is the way to do it. 

5 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

And that is like Star Wars, how? :twitch:

The general theme of pandering to the bandwagons of the time. But in each case they seemed to have backfired. It's too overboard and transparent. I didn't catch most of the SJW stuff in The Last Jedi in the theater. Then when I rewatched it I started seeing the issues. And then it was more obvious with Solo. Especially the SJW droid. By Robin Hood I was focused in on it from the outset. 

So when I see the preview for "Aqua Man," I'm thinking more of the same? Should I expect anything different from Hollywood at this point? 

If these overboard themes keep bombing then I'm sure they'll have to reevaluate the strategies. 

38 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

So when I see the preview for "Aqua Man," I'm thinking more of the same? Should I expect anything different from Hollywood at this point? 

More than likely, Aquaman is going to generate flack from the sjw crowd because the main bad guy is black.

... Black Manta

Aside from the robot and the character, Enfys Nest in Solo, I actually like the movie. I didn't really see anything else in there that pandered to the sjw crowd. I thought that overall it was a good story. It left me wanting to see the second movie. Sadly, there won't be one.

I also thought that Emilia Clarke's character was somewhat believable. Much more so than the character Rey in the new Star Wars movies for sure.

49 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

That's what it seems like. With Star Wars and now Robin Hood. Trying to market to gen Z millennial's and thinking this is the way to do it. 

The general theme of pandering to the bandwagons of the time. But in each case they seemed to have backfired. It's too overboard and transparent. I didn't catch most of the SJW stuff in The Last Jedi in the theater. Then when I rewatched it I started seeing the issues. And then it was more obvious with Solo. Especially the SJW droid. By Robin Hood I was focused in on it from the outset. 

If these overboard themes keep bombing then I'm sure they'll have to reevaluate the strategies. 

Well who cares if it's a terrible movie, they have a black guy playing a "good" muslim so they can check that box. 

It's BEYOND me that today's young people can find homophobia in "microaggressions" from white people or other "oppressors", but muslims throwing gays off cliffs is somehow still reconciled with their "peaceful religion."

It just makes me sad because I like good movies. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

It just makes me sad because I like good movies. lol

If you want to see an awesome, cheesy shark movie, watch the Meg. It's like the Fast and Furious on the water. I loved it. I've watched it like 3 times in the past 3 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

If you want to see an awesome, cheesy shark movie, watch the Meg. It's like the Fast and Furious on the water. I loved it. I've watched it like 3 times in the past 3 weeks.

Good thing I don't want to see a cheesy shark movie. :P I'll have to add it to the ever-growing list of movies and shows I need to watch, even though it keeps growing because I have no time hahaha

1 hour ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Good thing I don't want to see a cheesy shark movie. :P 

The Meg synopsis - Jason Statham kicks ass of giant shark.

What more needs to be said really? 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.