Goodbye Jesus

Argument against evolution

LogicalFallacy

Hmm. I will check it out. But I did not say it was illogical or implausible. But neither is creationism. It looks to me as what "looks" "feels" to be the more rational. I mean we do not have a time machine. You know I am surprised anything would evolve from the first unicellular organism. Bacteria seem the ultimate survival machines. :)

Any way  I am a fan of checking both views. But I am not a trained biologist so to me error I cannot personally deny it. But i do have to admit it is not my current priority in research about science. Right now I am interested in the history/philosophy/methodology of scientific research in several domains. So if anyone knows some things about this please say.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

*Creationist handwaving and explaining away ensues*

7 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Hmm. I will check it out. But I did not say it was illogical or implausible. But neither is creationism. It looks to me as what "looks" "feels" to be the more rational. I mean we do not have a time machine. You know I am surprised anything would evolve from the first unicellular organism. Bacteria seem the ultimate survival machines. :)

Any way  I am a fan of checking both views. But I am not a trained biologist so to me error I cannot personally deny it. But i do have to admit it is not my current priority in research about science. Right now I am interested in the history/philosophy/methodology of scientific research in several domains. So if anyone knows some things about this please say.

Do check out both views.  It is my sincere belief that if you do,  you will find that creationism is both implausible and illogical. But I'll leave that to you, for now. 

If you're interested in philosophy of science,  then we have something in common.  PM me if you'd like to chat about these issues. 

2 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

Hmm. I will check it out. But I did not say it was illogical or implausible. But neither is creationism. It looks to me as what "looks" "feels" to be the more rational.

Creationism is implausible until you demonstrate that there could be a creator. At the moment we have stories and opinion.

I mean we do not have a time machine.

I beg to differ, while not on the subject of evolution this is still an interesting concept: “The immense distances to the stars and the galaxies mean that we see everything in space in the past, some as they were before the Earth came to be. Telescopes are time machines.”  Carl Sagan.

You know I am surprised anything would evolve from the first unicellular organism. Bacteria seem the ultimate survival machines. :)

Very true, bacteria are amazing. You should do some research into the places they've been found. How the hell do these things survive in environments where everything else dies?

Any way  I am a fan of checking both views.

So I take it you'll be investigating the flat earth society and Newtons experiments with alchemy etc? You know the Christian contender for the scientific explanation of epilepsy is demons... it's not implausible. Scientists could be just making facts fit into their germ theory of disease. This was all tongue in cheek I know, but it's amazing that people will accept most scientific theories without a moments notice and not bother to really check "both sides" but when it comes to evolution, which is one of the most studied and supported theories … suddenly we have to seriously consider the creation story from the religion we grew up with that was handed down from people who knew sweet pea all about biology. Amazing.

• Like 1