Jump to content

WTF, YouTube?!?!?!


Recommended Posts

So I wake up today to find that all of my YouTube watch history, watch later list and all subscriptions have been wiped from my account as if they never existed. And now my home screen is cluttered with a bunch of random shit that I'm not even interested in!

 

WTF, YouTube? WT fucking fuck?!?!

 

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. Any possibility your account has been hacked? I'd change the password right away and also on any other account that uses the same password.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

So I wake up today to find that all of my YouTube watch history, watch later list and all subscriptions have been wiped from my account as if they never existed. And now my home screen is cluttered with a bunch of random shit that I'm not even interested in!

 

WTF, YouTube? WT fucking fuck?!?!

 

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

 

Did it sign you out? And you have to sign back in? 

 

That happened to me a little while ago. It was the same. All this random shit came up and I was like, WTF? Then saw I wasn't signed in automatically. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

 

Did it sign you out? And you have to sign back in? 

 

That happened to me a little while ago. It was the same. All this random shit came up and I was like, WTF? Then saw I wasn't signed in automatically. 

 

I have two different YouTube accounts. Before I fell asleep today i plugged in my ear buds and, within YouTube, I hit play on an 8 hr. binaural beats video to help me sleep.

 

When I woke up (early), I was signed out of the account I use frequently and somehow signed in to the account I rarely use. 

 

Then, when I signed back in to my usual account, it was as if it was new. No watched history, subscriptions or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

So I wake up today to find that all of my YouTube watch history, watch later list and all subscriptions have been wiped from my account as if they never existed. And now my home screen is cluttered with a bunch of random shit that I'm not even interested in!

 

WTF, YouTube? WT fucking fuck?!?!

 

Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

     Sounds like a database glitch.  You might be able to contact support and they may be able to restore an older backup of your account if they have one.  It may not be entirely up to date but it may be better than nothing.  This all depends on how their backend works but it's worth a shot.

 

          mwc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like either connection/db issues on the server-side (will fix themselves, usually within hours) or that you've switched to your google account instead of your youtube account (I think you automatically have both). You can check for the latter by clicking your profile pic and choosing "Switch account".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
8 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

I have two different YouTube accounts. Before I fell asleep today i plugged in my ear buds and, within YouTube, I hit play on an 8 hr. binaural beats video to help me sleep.

 

When I woke up (early), I was signed out of the account I use frequently and somehow signed in to the account I rarely use. 

 

Then, when I signed back in to my usual account, it was as if it was new. No watched history, subscriptions or anything.

 

Now that is weird. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.