older

Satanic statue on display in Illinois Capitol rotunda for the holidays

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

Not really sure what to make of that. Crazy people will spend time praying about it in loud voices. Most people will roll their eyes and ignore it. 

• Like 1

Interesting!

It's just this kind of woo woo crap that helps keep the fundies glues to their delusions. 

I'm thinking that the motivation behind the creepozoids that erect the display is to promote a more practical approach to the concept of separation of church and state. Of course I could be all wet here. The proponents of this stunt could be attempting to spread their bullshit and gain clout just as the fundies have done for decades. 

that thing can just keep it's noodly tentacle right where it is!  :puke:

Why does the statue have to look so creepy?  If you're going to compete I would say don't use a disembodied arm (holding an apple) with snake lit with a red light.  I had to look at it a minute to see exactly what it was.

Supposedly the Satanic church is largely nontheistic but this seems to imply that satan is the snake and almost validates the Adam and Eve story.  I get what they're saying.  We've said similar here.  I don't know.  It just seem stupid.  Especially in contrast of the touchy-feely nativity scene.  Almost seems a book and the same tag line would work just as well if not better and not validate any of the bible stuff.

mwc

I agree that this is the wrong message, though the intent was right.

Here is the form I like:

devil or not.jpg

• Like 2