Goodbye Jesus

The Sun is not made of gas...

ContraBardus

This was interesting, but I'm not so sure this guy really knows what he's talking about.

The sun is dense plasma, so a lot of what he's talking about regarding it being "gaseous" doesn't really apply as far as I know. Fluid dynamics would apply to a dense plasma I think.

I do kind of wonder about some of the equations he mentions being outdated. That was the part of the video that stuck with me the most and seemed like he might have been touching on something possibly, though I'm not so sure that he's not taking his conclusions too far either.

I don't know why this guy is arguing against 100+ year old theories?  They didn't really have the concept of plasma back then.  We do.  He should research that.  Plasma behaves differently.  So what does he do?  He has his own thing they didn't have back then.  Not really an improvement.  I don't think a single probe has come up with anything like his theory nor does it appear the new one that is going to be poking around there will do him any favors.  He probably shouldn't take the old "ball of gas" statement so literally even though it was used and is used to describe stars (it's a reasonable description even though some do have heavier metals at their core).

mwc

• Super Moderator

There are YouTube videos proving the earth is flat, we never went to the moon and David Copperfield's act is accomplished with the aid of demons. They're all worth your serious consideration; after all, it's YouTube!

• Like 1

"This was interesting, but I'm not so sure this guy really knows what he's talking about.

The sun is dense plasma, so a lot of what he's talking about regarding it being "gaseous" doesn't really apply as far as I know. Fluid dynamics would apply to a dense plasma I think.

I do kind of wonder about some of the equations he mentions being outdated. That was the part of the video that stuck with me the most and seemed like he might have been touching on something possibly, though I'm not so sure that he's not taking his conclusions too far either."

Yeah, I really don't get the point either concerning modern astronomers considering the sun a gas of some kind?. In modern astronomy the material of stars is asserted to be a fourth state of matter called a plasma, the four being, a solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. A  plasma is asserted to be made up of free electrons and atomic nuclei mixed together in one dense soup. At the sun's core the density and heat compression is so great that atomic fusion takes place whereby hydrogen nuclei (protons) fuse into helium nuclei.  Larger and often older stars fuse heavier nuclei. He was saying the sun is instead a condensed form of matter, which stellar plasma is. The outermost parts of the sun and other stars have a very thin atmosphere, and here it is possible for atomic matter to form, electrons forming with nucleons to form gases, primarily hydrogen in the case of the sun, These outermost gases beyond the very thin coronal plasma, radiate light and maybe most of the heat we receive from the sun, although unobscured stellar plasma is also believed to radiate both light and heat.

His other assertions that science is filled with mistakes, I also believe, but the majority of it continues to advance our understandings of reality, enabling the fantastic advances of modern technology.