Goodbye Jesus

Divorce

mich

On 1/16/2019 at 1:59 AM, offtheromanroad said:

Thanks for your reply. Happy to hear that things seem okay right now. But please watch out for yourself. Do I understand correctly that he also deconverted?

Oh, No. Absolutely not. He is drenched in it. Many generations of his family. He won't even consider that it might be wrong!

Oh, I see what I said in a previous post about him deprogramming. I just meant he has always believed that the man is in charge, and though HE hasn't deconverted, I have, so he will have to work with me as I will not walk under him anymore. Beside, maybe, we'll see. But not under. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 3:44 AM, mich said:

Can anyone give any divorce advice? We are completely incompatible. This isn't an overnight decision. Much time and effort has gone into the process. I cannot be happy with him making major decisions for me for the rest of my life (woman subjugation, he is still very religious). I cannot ever be happy with him over me. And he will never be happy with anything but being over me. I am not talking piddly stuff. He took over my finances, and that of my children (i was a widow with settlement income due to the death of my first). I have to get permission (or not) to get to use my own money. He moved me hundreds of miles away from family and friends , and children (teens at the time, one handicapped, now deceased) 15 years ago. Such a long story. I don't even know where to begin this process. But i've got to get out. It drives me to suicidal tendancies, extreme anxiety to where i can hardly function...feel free to pm me if you have any advice. 

They say it's ok to make plans for your escape and keep it to yourself at the same time. You need to plan out your exit very carefully so you don't end up returning back. 

• Like 1