Sign in to follow this  
older

A alternative Christmas holiday: Bad Choices Day

This sounds like a hoot. Instead of celebrating Christmas, this mixed-religion family has "bad choices day." The kids are allowed to do anything they want as long as it doesn't hurt themselves or someone else. Eat popsicles for breakfast. Stay up all night. Donuts for lunch. Unlimited candy.

I am going to try this with my grandchildren. But since they are, unfortunately, fundies, it will have to wait. Perhaps some time in August when there are no holidays and everyone is fed up with the weather.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/12/replace-christmas-with-bad-choices-day.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think most people treat xmas as their feeble attempt to escape from their daily bad choices.  In other words, every day is bad choices day so on xmas people try to do things right.  Not that this actually happens but it's a mind game they play.  Just like New Years Resolutions and other things.

mwc

• Thanks 1

"Just fourteen years to GO!"

kL

Our traditional Christmas breakfast here is gourmet coffee and egregious amounts of chocolate, and my favourite after-dinner activity is Posting While Intoxicated.  Sounds like Bad Choices Day is a good fit for us.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.