Goodbye Jesus

Thunderfoot (Phil Mason) in his lab

LogicalFallacy

Some of you might know of Thunderfoot as an atheist youtuber... but he's a scientist too... in this vid he takes us through an experiment he helped with. Pretty cool. I don't understand it... but its cool.

The video really doesn't go into how this technology might someday be practically applied. From what I understood, it appeared to be just basic research to measure the extent that free electrons are given off by an alkaline form of lithium (the most elemental metal) dissolved in liquid ammonia. It appears that the apparatus created in this video was very challenging to create and make work within the allotted time and budget. Based on what was said, they were successful regarding their beginning goal. Pure research without any particular goal of possible application is very difficult to get funded. But I would expect that some of these guys, or the funders of this project, have an insight into possible applications or benefits from this new knowledge and technology that was not discussed in the video.

• Thanks 1