Goodbye Jesus

Hello

Miriam

On 12/29/2018 at 11:31 AM, buffettphan said:

It's most irksome when they say they're not here  "to proselytize"  (yeah right!) and commence to argue with whatever we say.  

Jesus just sells himself, doesn't he? Oh, right. No, doesn't. Why is that?

So I go to a car lot and start looking at the sports cars. The sales person comes over and says, 'I can tell you want a minivan!'

I say , "No, I want this sports car." And he says, "The minivan has more passenger room. I think you really want a minivan."

So I say, "I already had a fucking minivan for 10 years. I want the sports car!"

Salesman says, "You're an idiot!!! I'm not selling you what you want!!!! I'm selling what I think is BEST for you!!!"

(haha)

• Haha 2

I'm starting to think Miriam bailed...I could be wrong...

39 minutes ago, Derek said:

I think she's reading all those links and books we helped her out with.

• Haha 1

I'm not really sure why Christians defend their imaginary friend so strongly? Oh, I guess I just answered my question.

Not that it makes any difference, and I may be wrong, and it may take some time, but I think there is a 50/50 chance she will eventually deconvert.  HA!  It took me 30 years.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:36 PM, Miriam said:

That's OK, I don't expect you to agree with me, I'm just wanting to understand, hear what you say in response :)

(I'm not trying to convert anyone, I am here for my own benefit)

Riiight. 

So maybe I’m the odd man out here but I do not welcome you. And no I don’t want to answer your questions or hear your damn view point on an introductions forum for ex Christians. The shit you said is EXACTLY how I would have attempted to low key evangelize on here. With your smiley face emojis and ‘oh I’m not here to evangelize, just learn from you guys, and oh I have some questions myself so should I take it from the top?’

Fuck no. Take your shit elsewhere or to another forum. Sorry I’m not sorry. Anybody wants to reprimand me go ahead but I’ve seen this tactic before AND USED IT MYSELF. We all know what this is. You're not fooling me that’s for damn sure. 

🖕🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As soon as I read the "I'm not trying to convert anyone" line, my BS detector went off.  Miriam subsequently outed herself quite thoroughly.  Just another Liar4Christ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Astreja said:

As soon as I read the "I'm not trying to convert anyone" line, my BS detector went off.  Miriam subsequently outed herself quite thoroughly.  Just another Liar4Christ.

Facts.

To come on an ex-Christian forum armed with a covert attempt to evangelize; narcissism in its purest form. I’ve seen this somewhere before I know I have. Oh wait, that’s right I’ve done it myself a time or two. 

Game recognizes game. 

• Like 1

Well I haven't been here long enough to have interacted with a lot of xtians and their evangelising on this site (and I never tried it while xtian) so I like to give them the benefit of the doubt simply because some of them may have genuine questions, but when @Citsonga posted his 48 or so page letter in the other discussion where we all opened up to her and she replied "oh I'll read it some day when I have time," she made it plain as day she was here to score some points and that's it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well I haven't been here long enough to have interacted with a lot of xtians and their evangelising on this site (and I never tried it while xtian) so I like to give them the benefit of the doubt simply because some of them may have genuine questions, but when @Citsonga posted his 48 or so page letter in the other discussion where we all opened up to her and she replied "oh I'll read it some day when I have time," she made it plain as day she was here to score some points and that's it. 

I completely understand your reasoning. I think it’s a gut feeling that you get after having seen it time and time again. 

I converted my sister, wife, brother in law, sister in law, several friends, and led family members “back to the lord” using highly manipulative tactics myself. I’m talking about personal conversions where I led them to the lord right then and there or later as a direct result of my emotionally manipulative tactics (ie the holy spirit).

Now that I’m out, the tactic she employed was painfully obvious to see from the outset. Things that gives it away

1. The false happy-go-lucky routine. ‘Oh don’t mind me just here to learn and ask a few questions.’ Lol. Bull shit meter tipped all the way to the red. 

2. Playing the victim. You can read it over and over in her comments. Especially when she names those who were critical and praises those who were “nice and cordial” to her. It sets the tone for all

those commenting further to handle her with kid gloves. ‘See how nice this person was to me and how awful and hostile this person was?’ It sets the tone. 

(She also claimed to not have money to afford a book. Jesus.)

3. They give themselves away in their speech. ‘I’m not here to evangelize or anything.’ As if that needed to be said. The only reason she said it was to take away suspicions so that you let your guard down. Oh honey I won’t hurt you I’m only here to learn and listen 😈

I could go on but it’s a wonderful tactic to disarm those who fall prey to it. Scary. To think I’ve disrupted and hurt so many lives truly bothers me. So I see the tactic and truly hate it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aaron81 said:

I completely understand your reasoning. I think it’s a gut feeling that you get after having seen it time and time again. 

I converted my sister, wife, brother in law, sister in law, several friends, and led family members “back to the lord” using highly manipulative tactics myself. I’m talking about personal conversions where I led them to the lord right then and there or later as a direct result of my emotionally manipulative tactics (ie the holy spirit).

Now that I’m out, the tactic she employed was painfully obvious to see from the outset. Things that gives it away

1. The false happy-go-lucky routine. ‘Oh don’t mind me just here to learn and ask a few questions.’ Lol. Bull shit meter tipped all the way to the red. 

2. Playing the victim. You can read it over and over in her comments. Especially when she names those who were critical and praises those who were “nice and cordial” to her. It sets the tone for all

those commenting further to handle her with kid gloves. ‘See how nice this person was to me and how awful and hostile this person was?’ It sets the tone. 

(She also claimed to not have money to afford a book. Jesus.)

3. They give themselves away in their speech. ‘I’m not here to evangelize or anything.’ As if that needed to be said. The only reason she said it was to take away suspicions so that you let your guard down. Oh honey I won’t hurt you I’m only here to learn and listen 😈

I could go on but it’s a wonderful tactic to disarm those who fall prey to it. Scary. To think I’ve disrupted and hurt so many lives truly bothers me. So I see the tactic and truly hate it.  

Thanks, saying all of this helps see her tactics exactly for what they were. Her nice routine annoyed me though and ultimately it fails when you tell people you're there to listen or learn and you do no such thing and then claim that people are nasty. At the end she almost turned it into a "you don't like my God therefore you're nasty" claim. It's just pathetic when you attempt to label people by telling them you "won't play their game" because they're making some points that you refuse to respond to. 

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I was cordial with her until she began deliberately misrepresenting my points.  I take the gloves off for liars.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, Derek said:

On 1/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, Astreja said:

On 1/2/2019 at 6:48 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I was cordial with her until she began deliberately misrepresenting my points.  I take the gloves off for liars.

I guess that about sums it up. I was trying to catch up. 

Another liar for the lord situation, figures.....