Goodbye Jesus

Grace

Miriam

Thank you.

thank you, sdelsroy.  Yes, I call them my opinions, because I was told to. They are core beliefs.  I'm not here to promote my beliefs, if you want to help, please respond to my general question in the Rants forum.

:) 

Hey, sdelsolray - just wanted to say, I thought I was getting a bit rude there for a bit - if you thought I was civil and tame compared to the other Christians who come to this site, I hope you get a better experience of us in the future! I won't say God bless - how about peace be with you? :) 

3 hours ago, Miriam said:

How about "gracious"? I'm just curious because a member here said "Of course you like grace, you're a Christian" and I was wondering why grace, and being gracious, is a bad thing, let alone something that should be confined to religion? Isn't being gracious something good, even in secular society?

A gracious host may pour me a drink and offer me a chair if I come to visit. But a gracious host wont light me on fire later if I don't kiss his butt. :)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
41 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Thank you.

Thank you, good sir.

4 hours ago, Miriam said:

How about "gracious"? I'm just curious because a member here said "Of course you like grace, you're a Christian" and I was wondering why grace, and being gracious, is a bad thing, let alone something that should be confined to religion? Isn't being gracious something good, even in secular society?

No, the word has religious connotations as already stated, which is why it doesn't work well in  secular society. What is wrong with using words like kind, well meaning, or forgiving?