Goodbye Jesus

open question to all - can you help?

Miriam

I'm sorry, I've tried to have respectful conversation here, and it is not possible - I have been accused of being closed minded, but confronted with the same.

I really don't think the majority of people on this forum are like that at all, just the very noisy ones.

Could you please help me by posting links to helpful sources that contain information on your point of view, things like how you see history in contradiction to Christianity, any personal belief reasons why it makes no sense etc.  Not books, I can't afford it.

Thank you for your replies.  I will not respond to nasty posts in answer to this post. It is up to you now how you want to represent yourselves.

Also, a thank you to the people here, like MOHO, who have treated me well.

Miriam

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Since getting to the library is problematic, attached is a pdf of a book I would highly recommend you read to start with.  Sadly, the document only contains the first 2 chapters of the book.

Good luck and godspeed. 

the godvirus_intro_1_2.pdf

• Like 1

Thank you, RedNeck - that wasn't so hard, eh? As I said, I can't afford to buy books but I will definitely read the first two chapters you have supplied.

Thanks again :) 

• Super Moderator

There are also a few websites you could visit:

https://godisimaginary.com

https://whywontgodhealamputees.com

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessindixie/

Hope this helps.

TRP

• Like 2

Yes, that looks very helpful. Thanks!

• Super Moderator

You could watch these right here, but better to use a phone or tablet with earbuds. There's really nothing to see.

The God Delusion is rather informative on the specific topic of gods. It is available as a free audio book on YouTube. 

There are many, many of these on YouTube also. Very informative with a one to one caller format. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Y'all keep in mind that her speakers don't work.  

Yes - thanks, RedNeck!

• Super Moderator

If you do get your speakers sorted, listen to this:

https://m.soundcloud.com/prpl-fox

You could also watch the videos on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Prplfox

Just now, Miriam said:

Yes - thanks, RedNeck!

Oops, sorry about that Miriam.

Here's a good read: 1936 reasons christianity is not true.

http://www.kyroot.com/?p=8

(hug)

• Like 1

RedNeck - I'll save the links in case. You never know! 

• Super Moderator

There is also this poem that speaks volumes for all of us.  Might be hard to believe; but it actually makes me tear up a bit every time I read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Margee - I very much liked the Please Forgive Me? piece that RedNeck just shared.  I definitely understand, from that post, why you couldn't stay in Christianity. Thank you. Out of respect, I will not share what I believe, but I wish you well.

35 minutes ago, Miriam said:

any personal belief reasons why it makes no sense etc. 

Miriam, here is my testimony: Hope it helps you understand why I am here at ex-c and not in church.

Just now, Miriam said:

Margee - I very much liked the Please Forgive Me? piece that RedNeck just shared.  I definitely understand, from that post, why you couldn't stay in Christianity. Thank you. Out of respect, I will not share what I believe, but I wish you well.

Lol, I can't believe I just sent it to you!! It's a miracle!! :eek: :jesus:  Lol

See? We are fun to play with!! Remember dear, every one of us on this board was once a very good, loving Christian.

11 minutes ago, Margee said:

See? We are fun to play with!! Remember dear, every one of us on this board was once a very good, loving Christian.

I didn't doubt it - some of you just need to cool off a bit!

I do want to admit - mainly I was laughing at your passionate posts to me - so worked up about me believing in a religion you don't care about.  If you regard my beliefs with contempt, why care what I say at all? And honestly, I thought some of you were being a bit childish.

Hopefully, we understand each other a bit better now.

• Super Moderator

Yeah, I know.  I'm an angry young man, right?  😎

Maybe this will help you understand why:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Miriam said:

If you regard my beliefs with contempt, why care what I say at all? 

We don't really care what you say sweetie. We have had hundreds of christians on this site. Our hope in posting back to you is to deconvert you!  We all know our bibles. I  already know what you would say about my letter. I already know what you believe because I believed it also. I studied the bible for many, many years. The basic problem most of our christians friends have that join our company is that they have a hard time with the fact that none of us believe that the bible is 'gods' word' anymore and you still do. That's why we can't take the 'holy' book you are quoting from seriously.

So keep having fun sweetie. We really don't bite but if you use too much bible bull, you're going to get back real reasoning. We live by evidence and facts. You live by faith in a man-made, ancient book that man wrote. I wasted my whole life on this fable. 

(hug)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Margee said:

We don't really care what you say sweetie

I know - that's my point - why get so upset?

We live be evidence and facts... well, we won't get into that one, eh? :) 

Don't try to deconvert me, I won't try to covert you, and we'll all get along.  Also, let's not make assumptions - you don't know what I was going to say.  I've been reading what you guys believe/believed as well, you know! I'm not a fool, believe it or not, despite my medieval beliefs :)   You don't actually know me, only what you wanted to get in response. All your questions were well rehearsed. OK, I'll try to stop laughing at you, now :) 

34 minutes ago, Miriam said:

I do want to admit - mainly I was laughing at your passionate posts to me - so worked up about me believing in a religion you don't care about.  If you regard my beliefs with contempt, why care what I say at all? And honestly, I thought some of you were being a bit childish.

Hopefully, we understand each other a bit better now.

Most of us care what Christians have to say because some of it can be downright dangerous and hurtful towards other people. Taken as a whole, we care what you say because you don't base your worldview in logic and reason but blind "faith", which can lead to some pretty bad outcomes.

• Like 1

Hey, angry young man! Isn't it nicer to be friendly? Thanks for sharing your (long) story.

• Confused 1

Just now, Miriam said:

I know - that's my point - why get so upset?

We live be evidence and facts... well, we won't get into that one, eh? :) 

Don't try to deconvert me, I won't try to covert you, and we'll all get along.  Also, let's not make assumptions - you don't know what I was going to say.  I've been reading what you guys believe/believed as well, you know! I'm not a fool, believe it or not, despite my medieval beliefs :)   You don't actually know me, only what you wanted to get in response. All your questions were well rehearsed. OK, I'll try to stop laughing at you, now :) 

I'm not one bit upset honey. I think you are a sweetheart who is brainwashed by religion the same as I was. You are the one who wanted to see why we deconverted? 

What exactly do you believe that I didn't believe? Win me back girl!! :woohoo: