Goodbye Jesus

New Leads for Malaria Discovered: Open Source Pharma FTW!

nivek

Very cool story that's helped assist my thinking my thoughts on Crowd Assisted Research.

From itfoss.com weekly-ish newise I sub to concerning Linux/Ubuntu.

New Leads for Malaria Discovered: Open Source Pharma FTW!

Last updated  

By  

Happy Scientific Sunday! There’s been some promising news in the field of Anti-Malaria Research! In this new article on Open Science, we are going to talk about the current challenges we face concerning the disease and what the new Open Source Discovery is all about!

In our previous Science articles, we have talked about the Open Source Malaria Project and Open Source Pharma. You might want to look into them before reading on.

.....snipped from an interesting article via above URL

kL

Open source science someday will make a big difference. The problem will always be the protection of intellectual property and claims of discovery that could bring the Nobel Prize to one person or group, or give it to another. The question concerning who discovered what and when, is a problem with open source science. Sometimes different groups are working on the same project and separately discover the same thing at almost the same time.  Today with such things as Blockchain technology and , groups might be able to work more closely together , patents, copyrights, and intellectual properties better protected, who did what and when protected in the process of software input.

Here is a simple explanation of blockchain technology.

https://lisk.io/academy/blockchain-basics/blockchain-for-kids

• Thanks 1