Goodbye Jesus

Dear God,

NeverHealed52Years

Dear God,

Thanks for doing literally the opposite of every single one of my prayers. Thank you for making me and my family miserable. Thank you for giving me the desire to give up when I prayed for strength. Thank you for making me feel hopeless in a time where I needed hope the most. Thank you for ignoring me in the time I needed you the most. Thank you for nothing. You call yourself "perfect" but in reality you're less perfect than all of us. You pick favorites and leave the rest of us to suffer. Fuck you and your word.

Sincerely,
Your "child"

• Sad 2

No doubt the Christians would just say you were being "tested".   Idiots.

Sorry, but this issue relates to a question that has arisen on another forum and which caused me to become rather talkative...  I'll reproduce the answer I gave in a separate thread.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, NeverHealed52Years said:

Dear God,

Thanks for doing literally the opposite of every single one of my prayers. Thank you for making me and my family miserable. Thank you for giving me the desire to give up when I prayed for strength. Thank you for making me feel hopeless in a time where I needed hope the most. Thank you for ignoring me in the time I needed you the most. Thank you for nothing. You call yourself "perfect" but in reality you're less perfect than all of us. You pick favorites and leave the rest of us to suffer. Fuck you and your word.

Sincerely,
Your "child"

I'm not sure whether your post is tongue in cheek or not.  If it is, ignore what follows.  If not, read on.

Take ownership and responsibility for your own actions, behaviors and beliefs.  Attempting to blame an imaginary sky fairy is infantile.  Of course, there may have been other humans in your life that convinced or forced you to act, behave and believe as you did.  Still, the ultimate responsibility for your actions, behaviors and beliefs belong to you, and no one else, as are the consequences those actions, behaviors and beliefs have had upon others.

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

I'm not sure whether your post is tongue in cheek or not.  If it is, ignore what follows.  If not, read on.

Take ownership and responsibility for your own actions, behaviors and beliefs.  Attempting to blame an imaginary sky fairy is infantile.  Of course, there may have been other humans in your life that convinced or forced you to act, behave and believe as you did.  Still, the ultimate responsibility for your actions, behaviors and beliefs belong to you, and no one else, as are the consequences those actions, behaviors and beliefs have had upon others.

I agree that we are responsible for our own choices; but we're not necessarily responsible for the way we approach making said choices.  That was something we were taught.  We can unlearn old decision-making patterns and learn new ones; but that does nothing to abate the consequences of choices already made.  In that regard, I feel it is somewhat justifiable to be a little miffed at those as done the teaching, given that, at the time, we didn't know better.

In other terms, if 2L+2W was the only geometrical formula I was ever taught, I might feel a bit less than cordial towards my math teacher once I found out there were going to be triangles, circles, and trapezoids on the exam.  From that first exam on, though, it's on me to learn all the other formulas.

Similarly, we were taught the "formulas" for life: pray, trust the lord, seek counsel from the bible.  Them as did the teaching bear responsibility there.  Now that we know prayer doesn't work, the lord isn't real, and the bible is myth, it's on us to learn what does work.  Which is much easier said than done, give the mental, emotional, and social handicaps placed on us through indoctrination.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

the ultimate responsibility for your actions, behaviors and beliefs belong to you, and no one else

I do not agree.  The brainwashing/indoctrination and lies;  lie after lie after lie.  This is what changed my actions and behaviors for the worse.  

I would be much more open to taking more of the "responsibility" IF I had the right to file, at the very least, civil tort charges against the leaders of the organizations who engaged in deliberate fraudulent behavior in order to benefit and gain for themselves.  Until then, I call "BULL" on putting the entire blame on me, or anyone else put under thought control and repression.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Similarly, we were taught the "formulas" for life: pray, trust the lord, seek counsel from the bible.  Them as did the teaching bear responsibility there.  Now that we know prayer doesn't work, the lord isn't real, and the bible is myth, it's on us to learn what does work.  Which is much easier said than done, give the mental, emotional, and social handicaps placed on us through indoctrination.

" it's on us to learn what does work."  This is the very difficult stage I am in now.  In some ways  this is more difficult then the deconverting and facing the fact that " prayer doesn't work, the lord isn't real, and the bible is myth". Sigh.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, ConsiderTheSource said:
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, sdelsolray said:

the ultimate responsibility for your actions, behaviors and beliefs belong to you, and no one else

I do not agree.  The brainwashing/indoctrination and lies;  lie after lie after lie.  This is what changed my actions and behaviors for the worse.  

I would be much more open to taking more of the "responsibility" IF I had the right to file, at the very least, civil tort charges against the leaders of the organizations who engaged in deliberate fraudulent behavior in order to benefit and gain for themselves.  Until then, I call "BULL" on putting the entire blame on me, or anyone else put under thought control and repression.

Yes, yes, and Yessss

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
12 minutes ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

" it's on us to learn what does work."  This is the very difficult stage I am in now.  In some ways  this is more difficult then the deconverting and facing the fact that " prayer doesn't work, the lord isn't real, and the bible is myth". Sigh.

Preach it!  I deconverted in 2003 and still struggle at times.

the bible “god” is a sick f(redacted)k, deserving only a middle finger.