Goodbye Jesus

This really happened...????

Ellinas

Pantheory, you make an interesting point. It would be enlightening to do some research into when some folks got the idea that the US is a Christian nation. I would not be surprised if that arose during the Cold War, when "Under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance. Communist hysteria was even higher then than immigrant hysteria is today.

On May 5, 2019 at 12:39 PM, Stamps1962 said:

Probably none of my business, after all it's your country. 

But I wonder if you've researched the man who'd likely become PM if Trudeau loses the next election? (Andrew Scheer) He' s not a Fundie but happily accepts their support. To me he seems like all the RW Evangelistic types we have here in the GOP. Sure you want that?  

A 'half wit wimpy ass' seems better to me than Scheer, but like I said, it's your country. 

Sometimes it's difficult to pick the "least of all evils", but our current Prime Minister likes to give our hard earned tax dollars to foreigners and convicted terrorists, while Canadian seniors live at/near the poverty line, and our infrastructure crumbles (particularly here in the east). Something's definitely not right. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, older said:

Pantheory, you make an interesting point. It would be enlightening to do some research into when some folks got the idea that the US is a Christian nation. I would not be surprised if that arose during the Cold War, when "Under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance. Communist hysteria was even higher then than immigrant hysteria is today.

Traditionally the U.S. has been a Christian country and still remains one concerning the majority of the population The popular revival of religion in modern times started about the time of the Hippies and Regan. It also was the revival of mysticism such as astrology, numerology, satanism, etc. But religion is now falling from its  high point about two decades ago.  Here is an interesting study and link.

https://www.prri.org/research/american-religious-landscape-christian-religiously-unaffiliated/

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Fuego said:

Before that, even shows that had married couples had to show them sleeping in separate beds.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Fuego said:

Before that, even shows that had married couples had to show them sleeping in separate beds.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, pantheory said:

... But religion is now falling from its  high point about two decades ago.  Here is an interesting study and link.

https://www.prri.org/research/american-religious-landscape-christian-religiously-unaffiliated/

Perhaps there is still some hope for the US!

• Like 1