Goodbye Jesus

Maybe Atheist

Mandy

38 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What?  Can someone tell me if this is a troll or just a fellow member being funny.  Either way, I’m not necessarily in the most humorous patient mood right now. sigh 😔 

... Seriously ... I too am getting a bit pissed by the "Jesus" and "God" members behavior on the forum.

Many people have come here because it is a place of shelter and protection for them ... the ONLY place they have on the Net ... I for one know exactly what they have endured ... I regard a few of these comments rather inappropriate.

In my opinion it is rather like a member taking out the user name "rapist" on a site which helps people TRYING to find a way out of issues caused by rape. Totally inappropriate!

I wonder just where these guys are coming from?

6 hours ago, Realist said:

... Seriously ... I too am getting a bit pissed by the "Jesus" and "God" members behavior on the forum.

Many people have come here because it is a place of shelter and protection for them ... the ONLY place they have on the Net ... I for one know exactly what they have endured ... I regard a few of these comments rather inappropriate.

In my opinion it is rather like a member taking out the user name "rapist" on a site which helps people TRYING to find a way out of issues caused by rape. Totally inappropriate!

I wonder just where these guys are coming from?

I don't know but it's pretty played by now. Let's call it humor trolling. What ever it is, it's making us look like idiots to those reading along and I'm good with cutting it off starting now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I don't know but it's pretty played by now. Let's call it humor trolling. What ever it is, it's making us look like idiots to those reading along and I'm good with cutting it off starting now. 

These are good guys who are solid and valuable members of our community.  I’m sure the last thing they would want to do is set back our efforts.  There needs to be an outlet for blasphemous humor but I know it’s not for everybody and maybe it should be confined to the Humor & Satire section. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

These are good guys who are solid and valuable members of our community.  I’m sure the last thing they would want to do is set back our efforts.  There needs to be an outlet for blasphemous humor but I know it’s not for everybody and maybe it should be confined to the Humor & Satire section

That's a reasonable call. 

@God @Jesus

Humor & Satire is the place for thee, and thy own. 

• Like 2

No problem. Take all that stuff down if it bothered someone. I figured it was funny and everyone was getting a kick out of it. I laughed my ass of when I saw God on here. Figured he needed his buddy Jesus. I’m not changing my name though. 

-Aaron 

• Like 1

My bad. No offense intended. I enjoy humor to make me feel better. Figured you might want to lash out at the Jesus. 

**Admin** take all my shit down if it’s pissing people off. 

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

My bad. No offense intended. I enjoy humor to make me feel better. Figured you might want to lash out at the Jesus. 

**Admin** take all my shit down if it’s pissing people off. 

It's been cleaned up and resolved. Thank you. 

• Like 1

No problem.  I just wasn’t in the best of moods when I came across it.  I’m happy to know you’re just an actual member Jesus.  

• Like 2

@Mandy and whoever else, I’m not a troll, I’m right here with you. Made a video just for you, you’re not alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

@Mandy and whoever else, I’m not a troll, I’m right here with you. Made a video just for you, you’re not alone. 

Great video!  I can’t finish watching it right now but will later.  I’m on break at work.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Hi, Mandy! I'll go back and read through the rest of the thread, just wanted to drop in and tell you that you are not alone. I'm one of those people that is completely fine with just staying agnostic. I, too, find it far more comfortable to simply acknowledge a lack of belief in the christian god than to deny belief in any god. (I'm kinda jokingly #teamaliens but shhh :P) I am one of those people who doesn't have a lot of stock in anything as of late, I far prefer to just ponder and be curious lol

Welcome! I'm looking forward to your feedback on our site! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

I was wondering who it was. For what it's worth, everyone seems to like the videos. The joking around isn't a problem in and of itself. It's just if threads start running off course into shenanigans page after page. That's why it seems perfectly fine to move the jokes to Humor and Satire, because it is satire. Meanwhile, keep up the good work putting out informative videos. 

Thanks again. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Hi, Mandy! I'll go back and read through the rest of the thread, just wanted to drop in and tell you that you are not alone. I'm one of those people that is completely fine with just staying agnostic. I, too, find it far more comfortable to simply acknowledge a lack of belief in the christian god than to deny belief in any god. (I'm kinda jokingly #teamaliens but shhh :P) I am one of those people who doesn't have a lot of stock in anything as of late, I far prefer to just ponder and be curious lol

Welcome! I'm looking forward to your feedback on our site! :)

I consider myself an atheist.  I personally preferred agnostic for the longest time because I was afraid to commit to not holding a belief in any sort of god.  I’m okay with that now though. I can definitely say that I am NOT convinced according to any “evidence” presented thus far that there is a god.  I am so happy to be here, thank you for your welcome.  

• Like 1