Goodbye Jesus

Greetings!

Christforums

Hello everyone,

My name is William and I'm the owner of https://christforums.com. I stumbled upon this site coming upon it by searching certain Google key word phrase queries. Lemme not mislead anyone here, I am a former unbeliever and now "very devout" Christian. I'm not here to pound anyone with my bible etc., but I had a thought while visiting this site. Would staff here accept an invite to dialogue and debate on our forum? I was thinking it might be rather interesting after having agreed on a topic or rather one where we could touch upon some of the "reservations" against Christianity. I'd like to invite this board's staff or determined reps to our forum for a discussion. After we agree on a topic and we debate it on our board we would gladly debate the same topic or another here. Consider this a sincerely friendly invitation.

The way I look at it is that a lot of "kindergarten" or misconceptions could be cleared up. Often times someone receives 3rd grade level education on Christianity, but today they continue in public education and graduate high school or attend at the University level where they're subjected to increasingly developed secularism though their education in Christian theology never develops any further than Sunday school.  I noted that while browsing this board that "televangelist" are often a rightfully so targeted. Shame such people with horrible theology are the basis of rejecting Christianity. I must say if face to face with Televangelist I'd reject Christianity too. I'm not buying what they're selling. I'd like to approach topics ect from a classical or historical Protestant perspective.

While I often think about the audience I'm addressing lemme leave on this note. God bless.

I imagine some might cringe at that notion, perhaps, but nonetheless, I mean it.

God bless,

William

• Haha 4

Hi William

Welcome to Ex-C.

I can only chuckle at the last two lines. It is eyerollingly (Is that a word?) typical christian behavior. I think I speak for many, if not most here when I say typical christian behavior is not going to make anybody bat an eyelid. 

If you've looked around our forum you would have seen a section where Christians are specifically encouraged to go in an give their best arguments. It's called the Lion's Den - nice little reference to Daniel of course.

https://www.ex-christian.net/forum/6-the-lions-den/ 

We'd love for you to go in and make your best argument. The last few Christians that have been through have been... well disappointingly typical. Not sure if anybody is interested in going to your site, all power to them if they want to, but we'd love for you to put your stake in here. We might learn off each other. I'd be interested in why as a non believer you became convinced that Christianity, of all the religions, is the one true religion, and what particular flavor of Christianity do you feel is correct? You don't seem to agree with the Televangelist types.

Let me close with this:

May the noodley appendage of the Holy FSM touch you, may his prophets bless you. :D 

Cheers

LF

PS my security says your forum is unsafe and uses unsupported protocol... so accessing is a bit of a problem. Might need to upgrade your web protocols?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Christforums said:

I stumbled upon this site coming upon it by searching certain Google key word phrase queries. Lemme not mislead anyone here, I am a former unbeliever and now "very devout" Christian. I'm not here to pound anyone with my bible etc., but I had a thought while visiting this site. Would staff here accept an invite to dialogue and debate on our forum? I was thinking it might be rather interesting after having agreed on a topic or rather one where we could touch upon some of the "reservations" against Christianity. I'd like to invite this board's staff or determined reps to our forum for a discussion. After we agree on a topic and we debate it on our board we would gladly debate the same topic or another here. Consider this a sincerely friendly invitation.

We have several debate forums set up here already. Both formal and informal: 

https://www.ex-christian.net/forum/18-the-arena/

https://www.ex-christian.net/forum/23-colosseum/

As LF just mentioned, we have a completely informal sub forum entitled, "The Lion's Den." 

We can see what the others think about it. But you're always free to start up a topic here and link your audience to it. You're also free to have your audience join here. The only rule about that is that proselytizing oriented discussions are to be held in the Lion's Den. We have people who are recovering from awful christian experiences and we don't allow christians to just run wild proselytizing or annoying people across the board. If anyone does that we'll move the topic or post to the Lion's Den and it will show as moved. 

I like the courage you've shown here so far. 

Some of us were born into christian sects and fed indoctrination from birth. We were read Uncle Authors bed time stories as children and attended christian school systems all the way through - that would be me. Realizing that christianity is wrong on so many levels, and leaving it behind in order to continue looking for what may actually be true, is where I'm at with it. My opinion is that christianity is a stumbling block type of religion along the truth seeking path and that it represents a pit fall that unsuspecting people can get stuck in. So that's where I see you at presently, stuck. But your courage levels tend to reveal that you might actually be receptive to following through with truth seeking and moving on, if you honestly come to realize where you went wrong joining christianity. 

Running head long into sketchy sites that have already been red flagged as sketchy is something that we may not encourage anyone to do, though. Especially when we already have fully functional and protected debate forums here. So if you're really interested in having these debates then I'd suggest striking them up here with us and linking your audience to the debates. 

That's my initial take on it. Super mod's? 

@SkipNChurch

@florduh

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Welcome.  The Lion's Den is the appropriate subforum for you.   Thanks and have fun.        :dance: 

BTW,  there's already a thread in the Lion's Den  that's seems tailor made for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Super Moderator

I always welcome wholesome and worthwhile debate, when it comes my way.  But I'm not one to go looking for it.  As the others mentioned, we have debate forums here.

7 hours ago, Christforums said:

I'm not here to pound anyone with my bible etc.,

So far each time I have encountered that from a new xtian guest it has turned out to be misleading.

7 hours ago, Christforums said:

The way I look at it is that a lot of "kindergarten" or misconceptions could be cleared up. Often times someone receives 3rd grade level education on Christianity, but today they continue in public education and graduate high school or attend at the University level where they're subjected to increasingly developed secularism though their education in Christian theology never develops any further than Sunday school.

1. I take that as a personal insult as many of us have spent years learning what xanity is and what it is not. 

2. You have not spent much time here.

To answer your invite: I am under the impression that the intent is to sharpen the arguments and develop new "logic" aimed at keeping those in doubt from leaving the fold - as well as to recruit new indoctrinees. This is a horrific  goal given the  negative impact cults have had on they fragile psyckes of individual inductees as well as on society as a whole. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Super Moderator
40 minutes ago, MOHO said:

So far each time I have encountered that from a new xtian guest it has turned out to be misleading.

1. I take that as a personal insult as many of us have spent years learning what xanity is and what it is not. 

2. You have not spent much time here.

To answer your invite: I am under the impression that the intent is to sharpen the arguments and develop new "logic" aimed at keeping those in doubt from leaving the fold - as well as to recruit new indoctrinees. This is a horrific  goal given the  negative impact cults have had on they fragile psyckes of individual inductees as well as on society as a whole. 

Well put, MOHO.  We'll see how this one fares in The Den... if he shows up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome. But I will be direct with you: you are yet another Christian coming here with the notion that those in this forum somehow havnt accepted, or studied, or aren't knowledgeable enough about the truth about Christianity. The message also comes across in a patronizing manner. I invite you to the Lions Den where you can do your best with us. I do propose that if you do so, drop that patronizing view first and attempt the conversation as an equal. Also, don't even attempt it if you aren't open to serious consideration of your Bible. If you're going to throw us Bible quotes and operate on the basis that the bible is the truth, your simply wasting your time. Also don't attempt it if you're not open to the possibility and debate that your god does not exist. 

-TS

• Like 3

@Christforums

You want to ‘clear up’ misconceptions and address kindergarten reasoning lol.

What misconceptions?

You mean like how the gospels were written by anonymous authors, how there’s no evidence of the Jews in Egypt, how the story of Noah’s Flood is an absolute joke and was plagiarized by ancient flood myths that predate it up to a 1,000 years, how several letters attributed to Paul were in fact not written by him,  how a major forgery was inserted in the last chapter of Mark, or how to explain the numerous contradictions in the Bible?  Are those the misconceptions? Or was it stuff like how early Christians forged historical writings about Jesus like they did to Josephus’ writings? Just trying to narrow down these kindergarten reasons you’re referring to. 

Is that the ‘kindergarten’ shit you’re referring to? GTFOH lol. 

Ant no kindergarten people here. Just a bunch of “woke as fuck” people who don’t believe in talking donkeys or in a half human half god who can moon walk on water and turn water into wine. That’s all you’ll find here, people who no longer believe in BULLSHIT. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

William,

I agree with many of the other posters and suggest you start discussion(s) in the Lion's Den.  Afterwards you may wish to consider the more formal debate subforums here.

9 hours ago, Christforums said:

Hello everyone,

My name is William and I'm the owner of https://christforums.com. I stumbled upon this site coming upon it by searching certain Google key word phrase queries. Lemme not mislead anyone here, I am a former unbeliever and now "very devout" Christian. I'm not here to pound anyone with my bible etc., but I had a thought while visiting this site. Would staff here accept an invite to dialogue and debate on our forum? I was thinking it might be rather interesting after having agreed on a topic or rather one where we could touch upon some of the "reservations" against Christianity. I'd like to invite this board's staff or determined reps to our forum for a discussion. After we agree on a topic and we debate it on our board we would gladly debate the same topic or another here. Consider this a sincerely friendly invitation.

The way I look at it is that a lot of "kindergarten" or misconceptions could be cleared up. Often times someone receives 3rd grade level education on Christianity, but today they continue in public education and graduate high school or attend at the University level where they're subjected to increasingly developed secularism though their education in Christian theology never develops any further than Sunday school.  I noted that while browsing this board that "televangelist" are often a rightfully so targeted. Shame such people with horrible theology are the basis of rejecting Christianity. I must say if face to face with Televangelist I'd reject Christianity too. I'm not buying what they're selling. I'd like to approach topics ect from a classical or historical Protestant perspective.

While I often think about the audience I'm addressing lemme leave on this note. God bless.

I imagine some might cringe at that notion, perhaps, but nonetheless, I mean it.

God bless,

William

The reason people receive a kindergarten level education in Christianity is because Christianity is a kindergarten level philosophy. I like my own personal brand of beliefs better. I seriously doubt we will change your mind or your people will change our minds because change comes from within. I'm really poor at obeying silent invisible beings anyway.

Thanks , though.

edit. Hey, if I joined up over there would you let me link back to this website in my signature line?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Debate the BibleGod? WHAT BibleGod? Oh yeah, the No Show, Do Nothing, Lazyass  Biblegod!! That ONE.

https://www.ex-christian.net/profile/23378-neverhealed52years/

• Like 1

I clicked on William's site and got

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to christforums.com.. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

edit. looks like you need the www part.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I got that same error the last time I prayed.

That made me LOL !!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Christforums said:

The way I look at it is that a lot of "kindergarten" or misconceptions could be cleared up. Often times someone receives 3rd grade level education on Christianity, but today they continue in public education and graduate high school or attend at the University level where they're subjected to increasingly developed secularism though their education in Christian theology never develops any further than Sunday school.  

Hi William!

I see that you’ve taken some flak for the ‘kindergarten’ comments.  I can understand why, but I think there is also some truth in what you say.  I think everybody should know why they believe what they believe, or don’t believe.  Many people, maybe most, go through life without ever really examining what they believe about religion.  As the saying goes, “if you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything”.  I do want to point out to you though that this particular group of heathens has generally given a great deal of thought to the cases for and against Christianity.  Few if any of us became ex-Christians through some cursory considerations.  One of the things we aim to do in this community is to build up members’ intellectual immunity to Christianity, so they gain a broad and deep understanding of the ways in which the faith claims fail.  You may be surprised by what you encounter here...

• Like 2

Thanks for the invitation. I created a topic which came to mind after reading some threads on this board and keeping in mind the audience:

23 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I clicked on William's site and got

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to christforums.com.. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

edit. looks like you need the www part.

It appears to be a SSL certificate error.

Kinda odd error if it is because of a non www which should be 301 redirected to www at the DNS.

In a few moments I shall attempt to replicate the error and address it. Thanks for reporting it.

I'm not a mod, but I'd go to your site and debate! I'm not really in the mood for formal style rules and would vastly prefer a civil and informal one, but I'm not so disillusioned as to turn one down yet! Maybe another year or so. :P I wouldn't want you running back to your forum and saying we were all chicken! I would definitely want to get what we're debating, topic wise, pretty nailed down. 

What would you like to debate? lol

13 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I'm not a mod, but I'd go to your site and debate! I'm not really in the mood for formal style rules and would vastly prefer a civil and informal one, but I'm not so disillusioned as to turn one down yet! Maybe another year or so. :P I wouldn't want you running back to your forum and saying we were all chicken! I would definitely want to get what we're debating, topic wise, pretty nailed down. 

@Christforums @ag_NO_stic If you are can you post links back to here - assuming the website is accessible it would be interesting to watch.

16 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Thank you, perhaps in the future. I have received the invitation to start a thread here and I welcome everyone that has the time to compose an answer:

4 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

@Christforums @ag_NO_stic If you are can you post links back to here - assuming the website is accessible it would be interesting to watch.

Of course! That's assuming everyone is okay with me being a "representative." If not, I understand, and we're back to the drawing board lol.

3 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Of course! That's assuming everyone is okay with me being a "representative." If not, I understand, and we're back to the drawing board lol.

facepalms. just kidding. Enjoy!

Just now, midniterider said:

facepalms. just kidding. Enjoy!

Oh quiet, you. ❤️

I don't think it's happening now anyway, so nevermind x2 lol.