Goodbye Jesus

Greetings!

Christforums

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Right now I just need you to fix this... oh lord... in thy mercy...

20190117_154135.jpg

Don't test me. I already promised you a good parking spot, why is it never enough with you people.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, God said:

Don't test me. I already promised you a good parking spot, why is it never enough with you people.

Sorry, lord.  I should be grateful for what you provide, even if it is not what I need.  Your ways are higher than mine, and what not. 

I'm sure being stranded on I-85 northbound is all part of your mysterious plan.  After all, you did promise a parking spot; and I'm parked on the side of the highway now. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Sorry, lord.  I should be grateful for what you provide, even if it is not what I need.  Your ways are higher than mine, and what not. 

I'm sure being stranded on I-85 northbound is all part of your mysterious plan.  After all, you did promise a parking spot; and I'm parked on the side of the highway now. 

See? I work in mysterious ways. Count your blessings, including that parking spot. 

2 hours ago, God said:

See? I work in mysterious ways. Count your blessings, including that parking spot. 

Mysterious  as in "not very useful."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christforums said:

Noted, this is the response we receive after a sincere invitation.

I see you've allowed it. And the representation on behalf of ex-C is a sincere one. 

I'm just catching up on the goings on. I'm sorry if you felt ganged up on in the Lion's Den. I thought that you were coming on here in a brazen manor, not caring whether or not you'd be taking on a crowd. The first options I linked were oriented towards more orderly debate. The Lion's Den is informal. I saw some light teasing about the "lemme" issue, I don't think that was meant as an Ad Hom attack but I can see that you signed off pretty much when that started up. They're just teasing because a female apologist recently came here in a blaze and left very abruptly too. She was using the same term and it's just an inside joke. 

I've joined too, in any case. 

https://www.christforums.com/topic/15788-why-doesnt-god-heal-amputees/#

Its seems that God has had to come and do all the work here ... so much for his little helper from ChristForums! 😁

I hope I am wrong.  But, I do not see the value in engaging in apologetics on their site. 

The apologetic always wins the battle as they "win" simply by coming up with any "what if" that answers the question put to them.  I still remember being told, and convinced, that "God" "pre aged the earth", which explains the fossil record showing millions/billions of age even though "the Earth is really 6,000 years old".

Yes, they end up with a spaghetti of twisted reality and a very improbable scenario.  But. as long as it "fits", they "win".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I see you've allowed it. And the representation on behalf of ex-C is a sincere one. 

I'm just catching up on the goings on. I'm sorry if you felt ganged up on in the Lion's Den. I thought that you were coming on here in a brazen manor, not caring whether or not you'd be taking on a crowd. The first options I linked were oriented towards more orderly debate. The Lion's Den is informal. I saw some light teasing about the "lemme" issue, I don't think that was meant as an Ad Hom attack but I can see that you signed off pretty much when that started up. They're just teasing because a female apologist recently came here in a blaze and left very abruptly too. She was using the same term and it's just an inside joke. 

I've joined too, in any case. 

https://www.christforums.com/topic/15788-why-doesnt-god-heal-amputees/#

Thank you for your response!

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Its seems that God has had to come and do all the work here ... so much for his little helper from ChristForums! 😁

We are Protestant and our theology is Monergism.

Monergism as in

Monergism is the view within Christian theology which holds that God works through the Holy Spirit to bring about the salvation of an individual through spiritual regeneration, regardless of the individual's cooperation. It is most often associated with Calvinism (such as Presbyterianism and the Dutch Reformed Church) and its doctrine of irresistible grace, and particularly with historical doctrinal differences between Calvinism and Arminianism. This position contrasts with Arminian synergism, the belief that God and individuals cooperate to bring individuals salvation.

wow. exC doomed from beginning

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pratt said:

Monergism as in

Monergism is the view within Christian theology which holds that God works through the Holy Spirit to bring about the salvation of an individual through spiritual regeneration, regardless of the individual's cooperation. It is most often associated with Calvinism (such as Presbyterianism and the Dutch Reformed Church) and its doctrine of irresistible grace, and particularly with historical doctrinal differences between Calvinism and Arminianism. This position contrasts with Arminian synergism, the belief that God and individuals cooperate to bring individuals salvation.

wow. exC doomed from beginning

I'm sure most of you will agree that you tried and failed? It should be evident that your works did not lead to what you think is necessary for Christian salvation. You could no longer fake faith? Correct?

As far as doomed from the beginning I need to ask you for clarification. I consider myself having a firm understanding of monergism and well I'd rather not speculate as to what that means to you.

But in context, I responded to @Realist. He is absolutely correct. I and my board are nothing. It would be nothing more than an honor to be used instrumentally by God in the Great Commission.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Christforums said:

I'm sure most of you will agree that you tried and failed? It should be evident that your works did not lead to what you think is necessary for Christian salvation. You could no longer fake faith? Correct?

As far as doomed from the beginning I need to ask you for clarification. I consider myself having a firm understanding of monergism and well I'd rather not speculate as to what that means to you.

But in context, I responded to @Realist. He is absolutely correct. I and my board are nothing. It would be nothing more than an honor to be used instrumentally by God in the Great Commission.

what have we tried and failed? NOTHING

fake faith? Faith in ?????

Not speculation of what monergism means to us means you cannot explain yourself or need not explain yourself or simply cannot explain yourself. 

Great Commission? been there done that but all for nothing

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pratt said:

what have we tried and failed? NOTHING

fake faith? Faith in ?????

Not speculation of what monergism means to us means you cannot explain yourself or need not explain yourself or simply cannot explain yourself. 

Great Commission? been there done that but all for nothing

Not even going to argue against you.

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, Christforums said:

You need to spend a lot more time reading our testimonies before you make assumptions like this.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Christforums said:

William, the natives are restless. 

I think the issue of Calvinistic predeterminism is what the questions have turned to. Do you believe that this spiritual regeneration is tied into a deterministic setting? As in, part of some of our predetermined path to salvation involved leaving the faith and then coming back in to it, via the holy spirit's intervention and god's master plan for our lives and salvation? And for others, predetermined as the lost? 

To which your position would be to lay back on the "works," as it were, and let the holy spirit guide and use you as an instrument accordingly? 

I have been curious what your position has been. And it looks like we're coming to more clarity. If I've interpreted the above correctly that it is. If not, I'd enjoy knowing where my assumptions are incorrect. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Christforums said:

I think what I said in that comment went WAY over your head ... never mind ... I am not going to bother to spoon feed you! 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:45 AM, Christforums said:

Why is your only option to reject God? And, why has the option been the basis or foundation of your position against God?

maybe you might? get this??

I was born and brainwashed from birth by my parents who I held COMPLETE trust in that Santa Claus existed. After all ... I loved my parents, they were my ROCK in life and of course they could NEVER lie! Only they knew ALL truth!

This of course went on for some years ... but one day ... I was forced to step outside the egg shell of their indoctrination. As I grew older and became more able to think for myself ... I asked questions and sort answers from outside that shell, from which protection I had been forced to go. It was not until then answers started becoming VERY plain! I had been taught a lie ... without stepping OUTSIDE that shell and looking in from the outside .... I would never have known that!

So have I rejected Santa Claus? 

Maybe seeing we finally have your attention you can answer this now??

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Christforums said:

Not even going to argue against you.

Why did you even bother coming here? Rather out of your depth now it seems! 

• Like 1

I just wanted to pop in here, rare I know, and say that I'm backing off the sarcasm and snark with William. He has been gracious. Frustrating, yes. Different perspective, yes. But he has allowed us on his site as his guests and I feel bad for how I've acted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, God said:

I just wanted to pop in here, rare I know, and say that I'm backing off the sarcasm and snark with William. He has been gracious. Frustrating, yes. Different perspective, yes. But he has allowed us on his site as his guests and I feel bad for how I've acted.

It’s OK. The Old Testamemt tells us you’ve had regrets before.  It’s only human. 

So, are you the one who calls himself “Ex-Christian.Net”? over there?

Just now, ThereAndBackAgain said:

It’s OK. The Old Testamemt tells us you’ve had regrets before.  It’s only human. 

So, are you the one who calls himself “Ex-Christian.Net”? over there?

Yes, I didn't know a whole bunch of us were going to go join or I'd have picked a different user. Felt disrespectful to call myself "God" over there. I can ask to change the user if you'd like, since I don't represent you all.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, God said:

It's okay, god.  You sent yourself to die for your sins; so just pray and invite yourself into your heart and you will forgive you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's okay, god.  You sent yourself to die for your sins; so just pray and invite yourself into your heart and you will forgive you.

Um. Motherfucker, I don't sin. I change the Bible to backtrack on my actions so it's never sin. It's all in there under the "NEW Covenant." It's okay, you'll get there.

I like you, kid. Maybe I'll make you a profit some day.

• Super Moderator
Just now, God said:

Um. Motherfucker, I don't sin. I change the Bible to backtrack on my actions so it's never sin. It's all in there under the "NEW Covenant." It's okay, you'll get there.

I like you, kid. Maybe I'll make you a profit some day.

Didn't you impregnate your own mother?  And you have the stones to "motherfucker" me?!  😎

That said, I could definitely use some profit in my life right now.

Oh, that you would bless me indeed!  And increase my territory.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Didn't you impregnate your own mother?  And you have the stones to "motherfucker" me?!  😎

That said, I could definitely use some profit in my life right now.

Oh, that you would bless me indeed!  And increase my territory.

You're here, right? Blessing enough. Work on that pride issue and we might work something out.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
7 minutes ago, God said:

You're here, right? Blessing enough. Work on that pride issue and we might work something out.

I have good reason for my pride:

Pride.png