Goodbye Jesus

Greetings!

Christforums

I have an even gooder reason for my pride, I'M the LORD. Soak in the worldly pleasures and attention, son, but you being funny just means I'M funny since I created you.

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, God said:

I have an even gooder reason for my pride, I'M the LORD. Soak in the worldly pleasures and attention, son, but you being funny just means I'M funny since I created you.

I'm assuming you don't mean that you're "haha" funny, being as how you seem obsessed with homosexuality and all.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm assuming you don't mean that you're "haha" funny, being as how you seem obsessed with homosexuality and all.

Nah, all my subjects prefer to capitulate and laugh at what I command them to laugh at. I laugh in the face of fools like you. You do realize that I sent a bear to maul a slew of street youths for calling one of my homies bald. You shouldn't fuck with me and you better get ta laughin.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:05 AM, Christforums said:

Hello everyone,

My name is William and I'm the owner of https://christforums.com. I stumbled upon this site coming upon it by searching certain Google key word phrase queries. Lemme not mislead anyone here, I am a former unbeliever and now "very devout" Christian. I'm not here to pound anyone with my bible etc., but I had a thought while visiting this site. Would staff here accept an invite to dialogue and debate on our forum? I was thinking it might be rather interesting after having agreed on a topic or rather one where we could touch upon some of the "reservations" against Christianity. I'd like to invite this board's staff or determined reps to our forum for a discussion. After we agree on a topic and we debate it on our board we would gladly debate the same topic or another here. Consider this a sincerely friendly invitation.

The way I look at it is that a lot of "kindergarten" or misconceptions could be cleared up. Often times someone receives 3rd grade level education on Christianity, but today they continue in public education and graduate high school or attend at the University level where they're subjected to increasingly developed secularism though their education in Christian theology never develops any further than Sunday school.  I noted that while browsing this board that "televangelist" are often a rightfully so targeted. Shame such people with horrible theology are the basis of rejecting Christianity. I must say if face to face with Televangelist I'd reject Christianity too. I'm not buying what they're selling. I'd like to approach topics ect from a classical or historical Protestant perspective.

While I often think about the audience I'm addressing lemme leave on this note. God bless.

I imagine some might cringe at that notion, perhaps, but nonetheless, I mean it.

God bless,

William

Hi, William.

There are places on this site where you're welcome to debate. However, you'll very quickly find that the people here are very well educated about Christianity and the Bible.

"God bless." No better way to start a relationship with people than by being passive-aggressive! Something tells me you're not going to last long.

EDIT: You know, usually when people show up here they try to give the impression that they're sincere. You've come right out and told us that you're an asshole. I suspect that you were an asshole atheist, too, so I'm really glad you're a Christian now.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, God said:

Nah, all my subjects prefer to capitulate and laugh at what I command them to laugh at. I laugh in the face of fools like you. You do realize that I sent a bear to maul a slew of street youths for calling one of my homies bald. You shouldn't fuck with me and you better get ta laughin.

Sure, oh lord.  Not my will, but thine, be done.  You know I'm laughing at you, though, right?

3 hours ago, God said:

I just wanted to pop in here, rare I know, and say that I'm backing off the sarcasm and snark with William. He has been gracious. Frustrating, yes. Different perspective, yes. But he has allowed us on his site as his guests and I feel bad for how I've acted.

As a matter of fact William ( @Christforums ) announced to his audience that we are honored guests. And so far his audience are treating myself and the other's who have joined as such. This is not the usual apologetic situation, folks. Which is why I'm trying to better under his positions. I'm trying to return the favor - per the honored quest treatment. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, God said:

I know everything. Now go on, laugh it up. We'll see who's laughing in the end

Ahhh yessss, the God I knew and loved ...blustering and  bellowing  1847351263_4_2_1031.gif.aa4e3f6e01f17f9ac13c73be6a22e082.gif every other verse in the OT.

:)

11 hours ago, Lerk said:

Hi, William.

There are places on this site where you're welcome to debate. However, you'll very quickly find that the people here are very well educated about Christianity and the Bible.

"God bless." No better way to start a relationship with people than by being passive-aggressive! Something tells me you're not going to last long.

EDIT: You know, usually when people show up here they try to give the impression that they're sincere. You've come right out and told us that you're an asshole. I suspect that you were an asshole atheist, too, so I'm really glad you're a Christian now.

Well you said concisely what I thought, I hold back a bit when xtians join here. The passive aggressive shit routine and the "I'm a better person/I take the high road because I wish you blessings" while at the same time, "in your face take this" greeting was evident. Anyone who wants to come here with true respect and equality or even curiosity will refrain from that shit and tell us to peace out etc and that's that, and that's not the case here.

• Like 2

Reading William's posts, two words come to my mind.  Grandiose, and delusional. 

By the way, I don't have time to read everything.  Has he answered the Questions for Christian Apologists?

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well you said concisely what I thought, I hold back a bit when xtians join here

Just curious, have you run into judgmental people elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

By the way, I don't have time to read everything.  Has he answered the Questions for Christian Apologists?

I am not an apologist.

Question for you both, do you think people sometimes become the very thing they hate in others?

5 hours ago, Christforums said:

I am not an apologist.

Question for you both, do you think people sometimes become the very thing they hate in others?

Is that another way of saying “I know you are, but what am I?”

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Weezer said:

He started his own thread down in The Den.  He didn't last long; but it's worth a read.

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Christforums said:

I know this question wasnt directed at me per se; but I'd like to say my bit anyway.

I think something of the opposite.  What we hate in others is often what we subconsciously hate in ourselves.  We "become" that, only in the sense that we finally realize we've been that all along.  It becomes easier to love others once we understand that our hatred of them was actually based on self-resentment due to our own flaws.

I think this is one reason christians often seem judgmental and condescending.  Firstly, they "hate" us for giving ourselves the freedom they subconscioudly wish they had.  And secondly, they can't or won't look at their own faults and flaws because jesus.

Just the ramblings of a drunk-ass redneck; take it for what it's worth. 

• Like 4

Welcome! Be careful, our worldly thoughts and ways may corrupt you :P !

6 hours ago, Christforums said:

I am not an apologist.

Just because you say you're not something does not mean you're not.

And keep on keeping on with the passive aggressive. This is not about hatred. Every time you post in here you clearly reveal what kind of conception you have about atheists and non believers. You've done very little to try understand the perspective here and ultimately you can't because your preconceptions are just blinding you. Throwing out words like hate is just the lazy route. Attempting to actually understand their perspective is more difficult and you're not willing to even try put in that mental energy, it's all too evident.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I think this is one reason christians often seem judgmental and condescending.  Firstly, they "hate" us for giving ourselves the freedom they subconscioudly wish they had. 

I think you're definitely on to something.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I think you're definitely on to something.

It's happened before; but I try not to make a habit of it.

Xians like him that come here are lazy...they wont read our introductions or our testimonies or our About section of our profiles.

So they have no clue about us as living, breathing, feeling people who have already been there and done that (Christianity)  and have very valid reasons for setting ourselves free.

If Xians like him truly cared about people (us) they would want to know and understand us.

When I first found this website 12 years ago, before starting to even think about doubting and deconverting from Christianity, I read Profiles and Intros and Testimonies to learn about the people, the individuals. I still do that now, so I understand and know something about who I am conversing with

His kind of Xian could care less. He hasn't read a dam thing on this website about the individuals he is conversing with and WHY they deconverted. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Christforums said:
11 hours ago, Weezer said:

I am not an apologist.

He said he isn't an Apologist but couldn't deny he is Grandiose and Delusional:grin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Xians like him that come here are lazy...they wont read our introductions or our testimonies or our About section of our profiles.

So they have no clue about us as living, breathing, feeling people who have already been there and done that (Christianity)  and have very valid reasons for setting ourselves free.

If Xians like him truly cared about people (us) they would want to know and understand us.

When I first found this website 12 years ago, before starting to even think about doubting and deconverting from Christianity, I read Profiles and Intros and Testimonies to learn about the people, the individuals. I still do that now, so I understand and know something about who I am conversing with

His kind of Xian could care less. He hasn't read a dam thing on this website about the individuals he is conversing with and WHY they deconverted. 

He's here for the holier than thou and preaching. He doesn't want to understand. It's been evident from the "why did you reject god" shit at the beginning. I'm starting to think his insecurities may be driving him, and he's coming here to feel better than other people. Either that or the typical Christian thing, trying to show people the way to christ ad nauseum. Every time you tell him what he's doing he tries turning it around on you, therefore his whole hate spiel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have y'all been reading the thread on his forums? He IS reading our testimonies and he IS trying to understand. More than one person has said they had not heard our side presented this way before and that they feel they are learning from us. Many have sincerely apologized for the ways we've suffered. Yes, we have real and serious wounds from our old faith. But there was a time when we were believers and we did and thought the same things to/about people.  I'm not sure I agree with y'all's assessment on this one, he's asking you politely to consider how you're acting. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I haven't had a chance to keep up but I appreciate the update. I'm curious how it goes. It's so uncommon to see anything resembling an actual discussion between people with vastly differing views that I think it should certainly be encouraged. I mean I'm sure that from their perspective the goal is evangelization and I have no interest in that goal, but dialogue and mutual understanding is a very good thing imo, to whatever extent it's possible.

• Like 5

Actually this particular group is not really evangelism-oriented. William himself @Christforums identifies with Monergism, which apparently is close to Calvinism and according to Wikipedia is “the view within Christian theology which holds that God works through the Holy Spirit to bring about salvation of an individual through spiritual regeneration, regardless of the individual’s cooperation.”

So many of us here have been exposed to evangelical versions of Christianity - and may even have been evangelical ourselves - that we forget it’s not universal within Christianity.  You probably never had a Catholic knock on your door trying to save your soul.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Actually this particular group is not really evangelism-oriented. William himself @Christforums identifies with Monergism, which apparently is close to Calvinism and according to Wikipedia is “the view within Christian theology which holds that God works through the Holy Spirit to bring about salvation of an individual through spiritual regeneration, regardless of the individual’s cooperation.”

Fair enough. I saw monergism mentioned but didn't think hard enough about the implications :D

1 hour ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

That's loosely what I grew up with. A god who ultimately chooses to "open" some people's eyes and leave those of others closed, therefore damnation. And the argument also went that people have free will and choose damnation.  Free will? You have that when it's ultimately god who "wakens your conscience" in the first place so you can be saved? 

For those of you over there having a dialogue, good for you and good luck. As for me, I avoid any and all triggering scenarios. 

• Like 1