This is still going on? You guys demolish would be assassins in here that’s for damn sure. It’s not even close when you read the exchanges. I’m pretty impressed with the intelligence being thrown around. I don’t even need to go back to college for a science review. I have all of you here, no need! 

Participation in the Ex-C forums is no longer free of charge.

Please become a regular subscriber. Subscription options appear under the "Subscriptions" link above and may be accessed by clicking here.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:51 AM, mwc said:

God is a very confusing thing.  He does creates light and separates it from the darkness.  This is called day and night.  But, later, he creates the sun and the moon and these separate the light and darkness

I have no ideal how you came to your conclusions regarding the scriptures of Genesis 1, but there is a reason it is written that no prophesy of scripture is of any private interpretation.   So the best advice I have is that you find another teacher cause the one that taught you that God created light obviously didn't have a clue.   

However,  by chance were you taught that the darkness of space is caused by the absence of light, or better yet dark matter?

@Justus What's Phasmalogy TM? And why is a holy ghost your god?

10 hours ago, Justus said:

I have no ideal how you came to your conclusions regarding the scriptures of Genesis 1, but there is a reason it is written that no prophesy of scripture is of any private interpretation.   So the best advice I have is that you find another teacher cause the one that taught you that God created light obviously didn't have a clue.   

However,  by chance were you taught that the darkness of space is caused by the absence of light, or better yet dark matter?

Oh no.  I don't really want to find another teacher but if I must.  Any suggestions?

mwc

11 hours ago, Justus said:

Well if you're this interested in going further, then would you go ahead and lay out the 6 days of creation according to your own interpretation, or that which you subscribe to. Let's take a look at it and see what it is that YOU are claiming. Setting aside these other christian interpretations that you don't seem to subscribe to. Just lay it out starting with Genesis 1:1 and go through each of the days interpreting what they mean. 

Genesis 1:3..."and god said "let there be light", and there was light.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justus said:

Gen 1:3-4 and Gen 1:14-18

It would appear that MWC's explicit source in this case was the bible itself...if he needs another teacher than the bible....oh my...

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, ag_NO_stic said:

I'm not a mod, but I'd go to your site and debate! I'm not really in the mood for formal style rules and would vastly prefer a civil and informal one, but I'm not so disillusioned as to turn one down yet! Maybe another year or so. :P I wouldn't want you running back to your forum and saying we were all chicken! I would definitely want to get what we're debating, topic wise, pretty nailed down. 

What would you like to debate? lol

Since chickens used to be dinosaurs who ate humans before the flood, God decided to change them after they left the ark. He really does love us, the chicken proves this. 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:50 AM, Joshpantera said:

Well if you're this interested in going further, then would you go ahead and lay out the 6 days of creation according to your own interpretation, or that which you subscribe to. Let's take a look at it and see what it is that YOU are claiming. Setting aside these other christian interpretations that you don't seem to subscribe to. Just lay it out starting with Genesis 1:1 and go through each of the days interpreting what they mean. 

I was just pointing out that the assertion that the passage regarding the two great lights is referring  unto the sun and moon is wrong, since it refers to two lights, not two terrestrial bodies we call the sun and the moon.   While that fact would be obvious if one was familiar with the EMS would understand the difference between infrared light, visible light and darkness.  [Psss.  EMS (Electromagnetic Spectrum)].  However, there is a reason I don't just lay it out.

15 minutes ago, Justus said:

I was just pointing out that the assertion that the passage regarding the two great lights is referring  unto the sun and moon is wrong, since it refers to two lights, not two terrestrial bodies we call the sun and the moon.   While that fact would be obvious if one was familiar with the EMS would understand the difference between infrared light, visible light and darkness.  [Psss.  EMS (Electromagnetic Spectrum)].  However, there is a reason I don't just lay it out.

The moon has no light. 

17 minutes ago, Justus said:

Really? And your evidence that it's not referring to the sun and the moon is?

You are taking modern understanding and trying to read it back into ancient text and claim they were not talking about the sun and the moon. Well we'll never know because we can't go ask the writer "Hey Mr Writer, when you say God gave two great lights to rule the day and night, did you mean the sun and moon, or the electromagnetic spectrum?" However I would bet, base on what we know about ancient peoples and their writings they were referring to the sun and the moon. No need to read stuff into the bible that isn't there.

You go ask any scholar what they think that passage refers to and I'll bet the vast majority will agree with me. Some may say that the days are meant metaphorically and not 6 literal days, but two lights refers to sun and moon.

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Really? And your evidence that it's not referring to the sun and the moon is?

You are taking modern understanding and trying to read it back into ancient text and claim they were not talking about the sun and the moon. Well we'll never know because we can't go ask the writer "Hey Mr Writer, when you say God gave two great lights to rule the day and night, did you mean the sun and moon, or the electromagnetic spectrum?" However I would bet, base on what we know about ancient peoples and their writings they were referring to the sun and the moon. No need to read stuff into the bible that isn't there.

You go ask any scholar what they think that passage refers to and I'll bet the vast majority will agree with me. Some may say that the days are meant metaphorically and not 6 literal days, but two lights refers to sun and moon.

Poster Justus is a coward.  He attempts to project an air of mystery and special knowledge (of which only he holds), but then runs away from direct questions with one of two infantile and vacuous tactics:  (i) refusing to respond or (ii) responding with more mystery and riddles.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Justus said:

Are you going to tell us the reason you don't just lay it out? 

I have a pretty good idea. I think you don't lay it out because it's a terrible trap for you to walk into. Whatever interpretation you choose, or even make up as you go along, will fail miserably. I've tested my own claim here against countless christian posters and apologists. I've gone into all variety of people trying to present something even remotely valid. Old earth, young earth, literal, symbolic, new agey, all kinds of apologetics. They all get worse and worse as they go along. 

So I'm 99.9% confident that no matter what path you choose to take, you'll fail in the process of trying to substantiate the creation account(s). 

And BTW, dodging the question only keeps you in the losing seat. There's only one way out of this, and that's to substantiate the creation account(s). Good luck with which ever choice you make. Either way, readers can gain a lot of experience and wisdom by following our exchanges here. 

If someone really had an answer then wouldn't it be better to post it and dazzle us with their brilliance than to withhold (supposed) information and continue to make their self look ignorant.

One difference between infrared, visible light and darkness is frequency (wavelength). Now what?