Goodbye Jesus

Greetings!

Christforums

8 hours ago, Christforums said:

Are you a natural born prick or do you have to work at it? {snip}

Oh, good -- you're actually reading and responding to our posts instead of whining about not wanting to engage in the Lion's Den.

Listen up, William:  Your beliefs may have helped you, but they didn't help us.  You seem totally incapable of understanding what we went through.  If the many fine people here were not True Christians™, then no one is.  If we could lose faith, so can you.  Simple as that.  Don't pull that No True Scotsman shit with us.

I make no apologies for my words, and I own them unconditionally.  Interesting that they had the side effect of making your unpleasantness obvious to everyone reading this thread, rather than just expressing my own frustration at believers who arrogantly try to tell us what our life experiences "really" meant. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Christforums said:

That must be it. Do you charge by the half hour, hour, etc. So you accept popular insurance coverage to pay for our time together?

Are you a natural born prick or do you have to work at it? I've been spit on, stabbed, shot at and even experienced post traumatic stress disorder. Boo hoo, no one relates to me. I've loved and I have been crushed by the very same love. I've experienced death and the miracles of new life now times 6. I've departed a family home by an abusive father, had broken bones, stitches, and concussions, departed and lived under a bridge, in my own house, lost everything, and recently rebuilt. I've experienced the happiness of raising a family, seeing it destroyed as well ripped apart, and experienced the joys of seeing it reunited once again. Excuse me if I don't live the bitterness you demonstrate. Do you really think that what other men think about me or how they doubt me is going to affect me? Lemme clue you in, if you can gird up your loins when everyone else doubts you including yourself you just may one day be a Man my son.

I'd like to know how you define reality especially ultimate reality.

I actually haven't read any indication that you understand Calvinism. Your use of "tradition" actually is a tell tale. Wow, you typed out Calvinism. Do you think you're going to grasp a theological term which umbrellas various doctrine in a few hours, days, weeks, months, years, which took millenniums to develop? Please tell me about how much you don't know.

Gee, you have it all figured out. Lemme clue you in there's a difference between the capital G in God and lower case g in god. They mean two different things. If you're going to direct your lack of knowledge on a subject at least direct it to the right entity.

I'll leave ya'll to boil and fester for a bit. Then I'll come back to stir up the hornet's nest. 😎

Maybe I'll be back Monday, I like your guys sarcasm, maybe you guys (those I quoted) should have sarcasm Mondays, that ways it'll limit your sarcasm down to only one day a week!

Get a life!

The "Get a life" part is delicious irony.

• Like 3

Josh may smite me for this but I can't help myself.

Hey, William:

LOLz at this thread. :) Just kidding!!!

• Haha 1

I actually haven't read any indication that you understand Calvinism. Your use of "tradition" actually is a tell tale. Wow, you typed out Calvinism. Do you think you're going to grasp a theological term which umbrellas various doctrine in a few hours, days, weeks, months, years, which took millenniums to develop? Please tell me about how much you don't know.

I know the broad outlines and that is enough - one does not have to have a dislike or like about a theology based on how long it took to develop or how many various doctrines it umbrellas, which is essentially what you are claiming here - "this took millenniums to develop therefore you should show more respect or consideration." Just no, and the same goes for your God vs god discussion. If I grew up with a variation of Calvinism and I have a dislike of it based on the predestination it entails, I have a right to this dislike. It is condescending of you to come to a site for ex christians and tell them that they don't have a right to their opinions because they aren't educated enough in some Christian doctrines, when they have lived and experienced them, and on this basis alone they have a right to an opinion about them.

Gee, you have it all figured out. Lemme clue you in there's a difference between the capital G in God and lower case g in god. They mean two different things. If you're going to direct your lack of knowledge on a subject at least direct it to the right entity.

I use the lower case g to reflect that I don't believe in god(s). This is common usage with many ex christians here. So please do not attach additional meaning to my use of the term, thanks. Once again, this is an appeal to someone's "lack of knowledge". This isn't that, this is "I don't believe in god(s) therefore no capitalization to indicate that."

Get a life!

Generally conversations quickly go downhill when they escalate into insult wars. Just saying. You may be frustrated with the treatment here, but you should keep in mind who you are conversing with here, and show a little more humility and consideration for the points being made instead of just reacting.

• Like 4

Oh My god, another Crazy Christian who can't or won't answer not even one question about facts, truth, proof, evidence, science, historical fact about whether the Three Stooges 1543755509_Theybounceupdownslightly.gif.11beb4cd02a8f75c0591f40042708864.gifreally exist!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all still think I was too rough on this guy the first time around?

I chose to not engage him when he first showed up.  I occasionally make good choices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Realist said:

... wife here now looking at this ... she cannot believe you are a christian with an attitude like yours! Her words .. not mine!

There you go, holding people up to a standard by which you know nothing about. Are you or your wife the spiritual leader in your household?

9 hours ago, Realist said:

.. no .. in our world we are equal ... not as in yours! 

yiikes....the truth comes out...Christforums joined Xianity so he could be the Lord, Ruler and Superior Governing Master of His home....

.Yet again I am soooo glad I married a well educated, highly intelligent, rational thinking, logical,  100% Atheist man....42 years of being a team, in every sense of the word, and every area of life,  that worked  together as equals as we journeyed through life.

Every Xian man I have ever met was playing God on some ego trip about he is Master over his home and slave, dumb, non-thinking wife and idiot kids. (Not insulting their abilities but their brainwashing (the kids and wife) who were not allowed to be rational, self governing, intelligent, thinking people.) The Ruler of their house and his  Biblegod wouldn't allow it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

yiikes....the truth comes out...Christforums joined Xianity so he could be the Lord, Ruler and Superior Governing Master of His home....

Yet again I am soooo glad I married a well educated, highly intelligent, rational thinking, logical,  100% Atheist man....42 years of being a team, in every sense of the word, and every area of life,  that worked  together as equals as we journeyed through life.

I have nothing but contempt for people who think that they're entitled to be the "leader" in a relationship, regardless of their reasons for thinking so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Oh My god, another Crazy Christian who can't or won't answer not even one question about facts, truth, proof, evidence, science, historical fact about whether the Three Stooges 1543755509_Theybounceupdownslightly.gif.11beb4cd02a8f75c0591f40042708864.gifreally exist!

Yahweh:  " Why I oughta... "

Jesus:  " I'm a victim of soicumstance!"

Holy Spook:  " Ooo, wise guy eh?"

It makes sense.  Too much sense.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Astreja said:

I have nothing but contempt for people who think that they're entitled to be the "leader" in a relationship, regardless of their reasons for thinking so.

No doubt some don't know how to follow. Please lead us all in humility and humbleness.

38 minutes ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Every Xian man I have ever met was playing God on some ego trip about he is Master over his home and slave, dumb, non-thinking wife and idiot kids. (Not insulting their abilities but their brainwashing (the kids and wife) who were not allowed to be rational, self governing, intelligent, thinking people.) The master of their house and his  Biblegod wouldn't allow it.

Oh, egotistical males, dumb non thinking wife, and idiot kids ~ The Christian family unit.

Lemme guess, your family doesn't share your views or follow your example?

4 minutes ago, Christforums said:

No doubt some don't know how to follow. Please lead us all in humility and humbleness.

Now you're just being obnoxious. Do us all a favor and if you really can't answer the questions as to your purpose in this forum, and the other questions people have put to you and which your ignore, just get lost. You're starting to look like a troll and people aren't fans of those around here. 

• Thanks 2

@Christforums  Do you considered your experience here at Ex-christian.net to be "persecution"?   Based on content of your statement I am led to believe the answer is "yes".

As I explained in a different post, you have not experienced anything close to real presecution.

Maybe you came here in order to gain in group points by being "persecuted".  But, sorry, you were not.  Not real presecution.  But, of course, you are free to believe whatever you want. 

For me, I will stick with facts and reality.  They have "treated" me so much more fairly over the last nine years then the belief set indoctrinated/programmed into me over the previous 30 or so years.

• Thanks 3

Just now, TruthSeeker0 said:

Now you're just being obnoxious. Do us all a favor and if you really can't answer the questions as to your purpose in this forum, and the other questions people have put to you and which your ignore, just get lost. You're starting to look like a troll and people aren't fans of those around here. 

Is that what I'm "starting" to look like? I obviously gleaned that in this here town that strangers aren't taken kindly to. 

This pond ain't big enough for the both of us.

Perhaps Monday morning this matter will be settled boy. I challenge you to a draw.

• Super Moderator

Is this the same guy that was whining about the way he was treated when he first got here?  Whining about the name-calling, and having horrible things said to and about him?  Is this the behavior he displays on our website after our representatives were nothing but respectful on his website?

Lurkers: Take notice of this behavior and ask yourselves if this is the best your religion has to offer.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Is this the same guy that was whining about the way he was treated when he first got here?  Whining about the name-calling, and having horrible things said to and about him?  Is this the behavior he displays on our website after our representatives were nothing but respectful on his website?

Lurkers: Take notice of this behavior and ask yourselves if this is the best your religion has to offer.

Right, an online "redneck professo'" has sech wonnerful insight. Take note of others behavio'.

Let our Redneck Professo' larn others about whut is o' is not right aroun' these hyar parts. Less hold th' Jedtian t'a stan'ard an' when he fails t'live up thet preconceived stan'ard lets jestify our ackshuns.

^^childish trolling. My opinion: this person isn't worth engaging with further.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

^^childish trolling. My opinion: this person isn't worth engaging with further.

Thanks for valuing my person hood. 

16 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Right, an online "redneck professo'" has sech wonnerful insight. Take note of others behavio'.

Let our Redneck Professo' larn others about whut is o' is not right aroun' these hyar parts. Less hold th' Jedtian t'a stan'ard an' when he fails t'live up thet preconceived stan'ard lets jestify our ackshuns. 

2 hours ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Instead of answering intelligent, rational, logical questions  he just gets crazier and crazier....challenging his Lord and Master who Rules status must have overloaded his brain cells and still not one question has been answered..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Name one person that isn't a logical contradiction?

We all tend to steer our discussion into our favorite area of study.

• Super Moderator

Maybe I wasn't a "true" christian after all; because I'd have never behaved like this guy.  I felt my personal responsibility toward the gospel too deeply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NeverHealed52Years said:

Instead of answering intelligent, rational, logical questions  he just gets crazier and crazier....challenging his Lord and Master who Rules must have overloaded his brain cells and still not one question has been answered..

Yes, that'll change your mind. Do you or do you not already possess those attributes?

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Maybe I wasn't a "true" christian after all; because I'd have never behaved like this guy.  I felt my personal responsibility toward the gospel too deeply.

There you go, can't quit commenting on others behavior. I have never met a more religious or legalistic group before on the internet.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Name one person that isn't a logical contradiction?

We all tend to steer our discussion into our favorite area of study.

Apparently, your favorite area of study is pitching conniptions. 

You wanted serious debate, now you're in here throwing a tantrum like a three-year-old Donald Trump without a lollipop.  I'm done dealing directly with you until you can get serious. 

• Like 1