Goodbye Jesus

Coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth, year 2018

pantheory

The coldest temperatures ever recorded on Earth was recorded in Antarctica in June 2018, in the winter of the southern hemisphere. While the north pole is getting warmer, the south pole seems to be getting colder. The reason for this could be that the north pole has no land mass underneath it. It is totally surrounded by warmer ocean waters and has a great land mass underneath it which would somewhat insulate it from the surrounding oceans, while possibly absorbing some of its relatively small amount of heat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/06/28/its-almost-like-another-planet-coldest-temperature-on-earth-recorded-in-antarctica/#438554474054

A changing increase in the temperature differences between the poles as well as possible temperature differences  between the northern and southern hemispheres, could also involve the Earth's ever changing cycles of its axis of rotation, its precession (wobble of its axis), the relative position of the planet alignments, solar cycles and conditions, or a combination of one or more of these ever changing conditions.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

• Thanks 1

Goodbye Jesus

"The temperature they measured? A stunning negative 144 degrees Fahrenheit (-97.8 degrees Celsius)" 

Wow, way lower than I would have imagined! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I was reading my original posting of this article and realized that a part of it didn't make any sense, not even to me who wrote it; worse than that it seems to be wrong as to how it reads. Unfortunately this is not my only posting where this has happened :( -- so my correction is shown below. 

The leading paragraph of this subject and my original posting is shown below in quotes:

"The coldest temperatures ever recorded on Earth was recorded in Antarctica in June 2018, in the winter of the southern hemisphere. While the north pole is getting warmer, the south pole seems to be getting colder. The reason for this could be that the north pole has no land mass underneath it. It is totally surrounded by warmer ocean waters and has a great land mass underneath it which would somewhat insulate it from the surrounding oceans, while possibly absorbing some of its relatively small amount of heat. "

Instead it should have read something like this:

The coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth was recorded in Antarctica in June 2018 in the winter of the southern hemisphere. This recorded temperature was minus 144 degrees Fahrenheit which is more than 15 degrees colder than the prior coldest Earth temperature ever recorded in Antarctica in 1983. While the north pole is getting warmer, the south pole seems to be getting colder. The reason for this could be that the north pole has no land mass underneath it. It is totally surrounded by warmer ocean waters while the south pole has a great land mass underneath it which would somewhat insulate it from the surrounding oceans consequently absorbing less heat per unit massAlthough colder, surprisingly the south pole also has warming volcanism within and underneath it so it could get even colder when the volcanism is less and if global warming is not a major factor in its temperature.

The changes needed and added in the replacement paragraph are embolden and shown in blue above.