Goodbye Jesus

Who wants to watch Jesus Camp with me?

Karen

We covered the movie Jesus Camp on our comedy podcast about leaving religion, but I haven't watched it. I've made a vow I will, although I know I'm going to be horrified. Anyone seen it or want to watch it and comment? You can even write our podcast with your own funny camp stories. 

• 2 weeks later...

How could you cover it on your podcast not having seen it? Puzzled....

My kid was in it. 

The kids were mostly doing it for the positive attention, and the film makers encouraged them to really ramp it up and make it good.  Yeah this shit happened but we were deceived about the filmmakers actual goals in filming. 

I wish people could just stop watching this particular movie. It prob doesn't hurt my daughter any more as she is a completely non-religious woman in her 20s now with a great life and career. 

But for a while, she felt victimized every time someone posted her pic from the movie and spent some amount of time requesting that sites please remove her image.  Even in college people recognized her when they watched it and would ask about it. 

Im not trying to be a dick, but consider the victims/kids who were in it.   If possible let this piece of shit film just die already. Its not real. The kids were just faking it for the adults in charge. 

That is the whole point I know,  but the real damage to the kids was the movie itself, not the silly camp.  

Just keep that in mind as you view and comment on your podcast - which I have listened to btw👍🏼

• Like 1

Wow. This is great. Great perspective. I'm friends with the disabled journalist Trump made fun of--he feels the same way every time he sees himself as a meme, so I see where you're coming from.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.