Sign in to follow this  
midniterider

B.O.'s Thread for all things B.O. :)

Damn...... I get a lot of typos when j been drinking so I think imma gonna stop posting for the night. 

DB out lol

21 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I'll just  be honest logical. I have a problem with other country's weighing in on American politics. I get that this is a thread to poke fun at BO but BO does have a point sometimes. Not always but sometimes. Seems like for the most part he wants to trigger you guys into  fight.

I think about half the country wants a wall though. Or at least some more aggressive immigration reform. We do have a problem whether the left wants to admit it or not. The reason the left doesn't care is that over 80 percent of Latinos vote Democrat. So of course they want them  to keep coming in. Immigration from the south is a political game changer. It just takes  a lil more time. That is why ya have this big argument over the wall. It isn't really racist or not racist. It's about power. The republicans want to stop the flow of Democrat leaning voters  and the Dems wanna keep it open. That's all it is. I call it for what it is. Pur two major partys are power hungry fucktards. All of america wants someone in the middle but everhone votes either lft or right bc of wedge issues like the wall. And aborton, or gay rigbts, pr gun rights etc. Etc etc. 

I dunno it makes me sick sometimes to see how America has gotten so devided. If we could unite u see one cause again there would be no stopping us. 

DB 

That's why you need a third party. I can readily see how you're sick of the options. And I think other people from other countries are entitled to have an opinion on anything, that whole freedom of speech and opinion thing we're all so darn careful that we don't tread on here.

Edit PS Y'all feel free to say whatever you like about my country, I could care less, they're just opinions, not bullets :P

PS2: a large part of the problem is always "the left"ing and "the right"ing everything and everyone - if everyone did less of that, there would be less of a problem

8 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Where's the stats? Just curious. And yes we can agree to disagree, because I tend to look at the human aspect of things, not everything revolves around $ for me, and I'm pretty sure that stats do not tell the story about what those people actually contribute.

https://www.ajc.com/news/opinion/educating-illegal-immigrants-costly/Iafsqvt6ydowmSvgX9C4TM/

Here is an article by the Atlanta Journal constitution. This one has the cost nation wide at 44 billion dollars for illegal or unauthorized immigrant children. That's enough money to build a wall in the south, the north, and still have money left over. That doesn't even count hospital expenses in border towns, also well fair if applicable. Etc. There is just no way anyone can say even Canada, NZ, or Australia that we don't have a problem with illegal immigration in America. The media wants to make it about race. But it isn't. It's bout political power for politicians. But for the average citizens it is about wanting to know who we are letting in the country. I feel that as an American. And since America is my home, I should be able to know who is in my home.

DB

15 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

That's why you need a third party. I can readily see how you're sick of the options. And I think other people from other countries are entitled to have an opinion on anything, that whole freedom of speech and opinion thing we're all so darn careful that we don't tread on here.

Edit PS Y'all feel free to say whatever you like about my country, I could care less, they're just opinions, not bullets :P

PS2: a large part of the problem is always "the left"ing and "the right"ing everything and everyone - if everyone did less of that, there would be less of a problem

Freedom of speech is an American right. I'm not from Canada so I don't know your constitution. But I can guarantee if you have freedom of speech it's because Americans fought for it first lol. Democracy wasn't a thing until we came along. 😁

26 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Democracy wasn't a thing until we came along. 😁

Bawhahaha... you are not a democracy. You are a republic... Also the Greeks just spoke to me...  they said remember Athens🤣

Also NZ lays claim to oldest democracy... true democracy for all the people. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=3568209 

😁😁😁

Funny... someone thinks this thread is serious. Someone also misses out on the point of discussing differing opinions and ideas for discussions sake. 

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

The media, which I dont consider to be everyday reality, lefts and rights everything. Reality, where people need to get along with each other, like on the road, and at work, in stores, and everywhere people interact, I dont see much lefty , righty baloney.

Most of the time in reality nobody knows your political leaning. But the politically religious (conservative and liberals alike) will sure as heck make their views known (usually in my place of work). Politics is an interesting deeply held belief. I think we are wired for a certain political view. And I think it is probably a right brain thing.

Huh... well that explains a few things.

Jesus was definitely liberal - he said fear not, and love thy neighbor... ironic seeing Christians are associated more with conservatism. :D 

5 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

There is just no way anyone can say even Canada, NZ, or Australia that we don't have a problem with illegal immigration in America

I'm from NZ and I say you definitely have a problem with illegal immigration. I'm sceptical of the numbers just for the fact most illegals won't admit to it in case it gets them removed. When border control say we can't tell how many people cross the border and can't be sure if there are 5m or 20m in the country, then to say they cost $X is hard to know the accuracy. That's not to say its not a huge problem, but its probably a calculation missing required data. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Bawhahaha... you are not a democracy. You are a republic... Also the Greeks just spoke to me...  they said remember Athens🤣

Also NZ lays claim to oldest democracy... true democracy for all the people. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=3568209 

😁😁😁

yeah Athens was petty much the first legit democracy from what I saw. Didn't Last very long though. 

And upon further review the American system started out kinda shitty. Only white land owning men could vote or hold office. Started out as more of an aristocracy. So our country started out being governed by rich white men................ 2019....... doesn't look like much has changed. Lol. 

JK it is a lot better than then. Still has a lot of flaws though. The 2 party system being the number one flaw IMO. 

DB

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

I'm from NZ and I say you definitely have a problem with illegal immigration. I'm sceptical of the numbers just for the fact most illegals won't admit to it in case it gets them removed. When border control say we can't tell how many people cross the border and can't be sure if there are 5m or 20m in the country, then to say they cost $X is hard to know the accuracy. That's not to say its not a huge problem, but its probably a calculation missing required data. 

Thank you wertbag. Your ight there is no way to know fro sure how much money is spent on illegals. Those numbers I posted are just what we know of. 

DB

11 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Freedom of speech is an American right. I'm not from Canada so I don't know your constitution. But I can guarantee if you have freedom of speech it's because Americans fought for it first lol. Democracy wasn't a thing until we came along. 😁

What a brainwashed version of history, acting like America is God's gift to humankind. As for democracy, there's very little of it in the US nowadays. If you honestly want to know why your country isn't so popular with others I'll tell you it's exactly due to the statements you just made. Dunno if you wanted my opinion but you got it. 

Edit: PS I dunno if your comment was tongue in cheek in this joke thread, hard to tell. If it wasn't, my response stands.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, midniterider said:

You know Trump is full of shit and hasn't done one useful thing, B.O.

:)

Funny my previously jobless friends back home say otherwise. 

10 hours ago, midniterider said:

The media, which I dont consider to be everyday reality, lefts and rights everything. Reality, where people need to get along with each other, like on the road, and at work, in stores, and everywhere people interact, I dont see much lefty , righty baloney.

Most of the time in reality nobody knows your political leaning. But the politically religious (conservative and liberals alike) will sure as heck make their views known (usually in my place of work). Politics is an interesting deeply held belief. I think we are wired for a certain political view. And I think it is probably a right brain thing.

I don't think its wiring as much as what you value and place priority on, and what you don't. Also a lot of people can simply go through life without actually examining their views, ie they have some strange "my family (or friends) are conservative/liberal therefore I am as well" syndrome. I don't think many of us on this site are actually like that because most of us here are independent thinkers to one degree or another, but it's astonishing, the rate at which some are influenced just by the opinions of others.

Edit: I also think history plays a large role. My reasoning is that US history largely plays into some current differences in thinking between US and Canada. The US war of independence came about due to a rebellion against taxation- thats what the Boston Tea Party was about. All these historical forces/thought patterns are more relevant than we think.

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

What a brainwashed version of history, acting like America is God's gift to humankind. As for democracy, there's very little of it in the US nowadays. If you honestly want to know why your country isn't so popular with others I'll tell you it's exactly due to the statements you just made. Dunno if you wanted my opinion but you got it. 

Edit: PS I dunno if your comment was tongue in cheek in this joke thread, hard to tell. If it wasn't, my response stands.

Yeah I'd been drinking a lot during super bowl. My apologies. I don't really know why we aren't that popular. I figured it was because we go to war and drag everybody else in with us. A lot. 

DB

6 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Yeah I'd been drinking a lot during super bowl. My apologies. I don't really know why we aren't that popular. I figured it was because we go to war and drag everybody else in with us. A lot. 

DB

Well I guess there's the proclamation of self importance, greatest nation on earth etc coupled with going into places you shouldn't, but not going into places where there probably is a genuine humanitarian need. Perception I guess.

Like why is Trump talking about going into Venezuela? Let them sort their own shit out. If they aren't threatening the US let them be.

50 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

DB

None of our imperialist nations are perfect. My issue is that I take issue with imperialism itself. We should stay the shit out of places where we don't belong. Nowadays we just aren't kept informed by the media about how and where economic imperialism is exploiting others so we can keep up with our convenient consumer oriented lifestyle. For example why the hell aren't we hearing about West Papua? This is fucking horrendous, what has gone on there since the 1960s, so multinational companies can make their profits https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/21/britain-west-papua-colonial-occupation-geoge-monbiot

3 hours ago, Aries256 said:

Funny my previously jobless friends back home say otherwise. 

That was a threadstarter, mostly.

I'm sure Trump has done some good things. Some people like him, some dont.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:37 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Aren't these his Orange Years?

ALL his years are orange years!

I feel triggered . . . But I don’t know what’s triggering me!  

9 minutes ago, Daffodil said:

I feel triggered . . . But I don’t know what’s triggering me!  

Maybe its god telling you something?

17 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Maybe its god telling you something?

Nah, he ghosted me years ago  😆

5 minutes ago, Daffodil said:

Nah, he ghosted me years ago  😆

You know how people you haven't heard from in years suddenly pop up.... wonder if god is trying that trick? He's giving you 'hints'... like triggering's :D 

10 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You know how people you haven't heard from in years suddenly pop up.... wonder if god is trying that trick? He's giving you 'hints'... like triggering's :D 

Oh Lord...I actually remember sometimes thinking this way. Batshit crazy. 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.