Goodbye Jesus

Enneagram: Personality Test?

ag_NO_stic

Hi, all! We had a lot of engagement doing these in the past and this one seems REALLY interesting to me. You can just take the test if you want, but I definitely suggest reading how it works. They do a good job explaining how uniquely different everyone can be, through the use of "wings."

Here's the (free version) test: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2

I was told to take it relatively quickly, should only take a few minutes, so try not to overthink it. 

Here's how it works: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/how-the-enneagram-system-works

Here's how a "relationship" comparison: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/the-enneagram-type-combinations/

Here's "you": https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions/

I really liked that they acknowledge how different you (and everyone) could be and they don't really hold back on what your weaknesses could be, both personally and with relationships. Readers are regularly told that it is NOT uncommon to identify with several or even "mistype" yourself because of overlap I was reading mine like DAMN. I found it really interesting and challenging!

I'm a: 4w3 (only took it once)

Married to a: 3w2 (possibly an 8w7)

Your turn! I'm looking forward to everyone's results! 

• Like 1

Thanks, I need to do this, actually had someone recommend it to me. How did you find it in comparison to 16 personalities?

Will do this tonight. If we get enough responses I might see if we can map the results... though its harder than the political one.

@Joshpantera @disillusioned @ThereAndBackAgain

You guys interested in doing this?

• Like 2

I did the first test, should do the second as well to see how they compare, but I came out as a 2w1. Not surprising to me at all, I tend to think of myself as relatively humble but I know sometimes I require a serving of humble pie lol.

Edit: test 2 tells me I'm a 4w3. I see qualities from all those areas in myself to some degree but feel the first test is more comprehensive. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Thanks, I need to do this, actually had someone recommend it to me. How did you find it in comparison to 16 personalities?

I have to say, I really enjoyed the results of this test. I called me on some of my bullshit lol

I got a 1w9. I can see aspects of that as being correct,  but there are other things that are right off.

Personally,  I find this system a bit clunky. I preferred 16 personalities.

18 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

I got a 1w9. I can see aspects of that as being correct,  but there are other things that are right off.

Apparently they encourage you to explore some of your other high scoring traits and "mistyping" is a thing. If you're interested, check their mistyping articles along with your other strong traits and see if you match up with any that are "1" mistypes. 

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/36-type-misidentifications 

44 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

I prefer the other as well, that's because it felt much more like me, and the test on that one seemed to be longer and more involved if I recall. I know longer tests don't necessarily mean more accurate scores tho. And is it just me or do these results focus more on core aspects that are negatives? The other was more balanced imo.

Btw I just wanted to point out that the type descriptions are much more in depth on the enneagram institute page (AG's last link) than the site with the free test. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, florduh said:

Fake news. Can't trust those scientists. Just flouncy people with a PhD after their name. Like Jon Snow, they know nothing.

I am a 5w6. I think enneagram stuff is kind a fun because they show you how your personality can change under stress and what things you can aim for. 

But you guys have me intrigued. I’ve never heard of the 16 personality test!  Going to check that out now!

Interesting! My mbti is infp and 16 personalities gave me the same. 

54 minutes ago, Riversong said:

Interesting! My mbti is infp and 16 personalities gave me the same. 

There seems to be a lot of INs, at least among those of us who have shared test results. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Will do this tonight. If we get enough responses I might see if we can map the results... though its harder than the political one.

@Joshpantera @disillusioned @ThereAndBackAgain

You guys interested in doing this?

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 8w7 wing.

Sexual variant

Type 8 sx

Im a 8w7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 8w7 wing.

Sexual variant

Type 8 sx

I shall move ass and find out Tonight!

• Like 1

I'm interested to know what y'all think of your breakdowns, particularly from the enneagram's official site! Is it hitting home for anyone? Remember, you could be any of the top three results, they just match you with your highest as the "most likely." 

I found the relationship pairings to be fairly accurate for me and my husband!

19 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I'm interested to know what y'all think of your breakdowns, particularly from the enneagram's official site! Is it hitting home for anyone? Remember, you could be any of the top three results, they just match you with your highest as the "most likely." 

I found the relationship pairings to be fairly accurate for me and my husband!

I've taken this a few times before. Always an 8. My girlfriend's a 9. She loves giving me quiz's like this! 

Its pretty much accurate for me. 

I'm 9w1 with Self-preservation variant

4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I've taken this a few times before. Always an 8. My girlfriend's a 9. She loves giving me quiz's like this! 

My husband has a LOT of 8w7 tendencies, but when we were reading through all the things we scored high on, he most identified with his lowest of the three score. He kept saying "my behavior is more 8, but my brain/heart is latching on to the 5" and then he would go on "these things aren't really real" tangents. He DID say that the relationship pairings were really interesting and there were truths in it. 

For me personally, and for him, we both thought that the actual enneagram institute's site captured us the most accurately of tests we've taken. The one that comes with the free test is meh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

I'm 9w1 with Self-preservation variant

How did it do? Did you read the actual institute's page on 9?

I'm a type 5 investigator with a 5w6 wing.