Goodbye Jesus

ExC posts can be found via Google?

offtheromanroad

Dear all,

I just realized my ExC posts are found when searching for my username on Google.

Is there any way to prevent this? I can't find anything in the Account Settings.

Have a great day,

OTRR

• Admin

In general, Ex-Christian.net is open to all search engines at this time. 

However, you may adjust the security settings on your personal blog posts to only be visible to forum members of your choosing. Doing that will keep your blog posts out of the search engines. 

Hello dave,

Thank you! Am I guessing correctly that this is only possible for personal blog posts, but not for forum posts?

OTRR

• Super Moderator

I realized a few years ago that my posts were visible on the search engines; and that, worst still, both my screen name and my little "ix" symbol are also associated with me in real life, meaning that anyone coming across my posts would immediately recognize me by my name and trademark.

Fortunately, I've suffered from a lifelong case of the fuck-its, so, after the initial shock, I just laughed it off and went on about my business.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I realized a few years ago that my posts were visible on the search engines; and that, worst still, both my screen name and my little "ix" symbol are also associated with me in real life, meaning that anyone coming across my posts would immediately recognize me by my name and trademark.

Fortunately, I've suffered from a lifelong case of the fuck-its, so, after the initial shock, I just laughed it off and went on about my business.

One could change their account icon, I guess and their profile too...put in some disinformation in the old profile. Tell people you're from New Zealand or Georgia or something, just to throw em off the scent.  :)

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, midniterider said:

One could change their account icon, I guess and their profile too...put in some disinformation in the old profile. Tell people you're from New Zealand or Georgia or something, just to throw em off the scent.  :)

Fuck-it.

19 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Fortunately, I've suffered from a lifelong case of the fuck-its, 

❤️❤️

I have my Facebook pic as my icon. That probably show you how much I care!

Thank you to all of you. I'll just try not to worry too much.

• Super Moderator
  • Admin
On 2/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, offtheromanroad said:

Hello dave,

Thank you! Am I guessing correctly that this is only possible for personal blog posts, but not for forum posts?

OTRR

Correct.

7 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Why does a picture of Jeff pop up? Damn... we got his identity.

So which of these guys is you? :D 

• Super Moderator
11 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So which of these guys is you?

Image result for theredneckprofessor

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Why does a picture of Jeff pop up? Damn... we got his identity.

I'm not sure, other than that Jeff is one of my biggest fans.  A lot of other avatars show up when you google search me.  Ironhorse, God, Bhim, even... well, lookie here; not so incognito after all, are you?

LF.jpg

Damn! I search me and all I get are logical fallacies.. search TRP and you get everyone including me! Haha.

Hi *Waves*

Sorry, not gonna post me face. You'll have to join our Discord chat and get into the photography channel for that :D  

• Haha 1

I just googled my name and apparently I’m a bad ass video game character. I think I’m safe. 

😃

DB