Goodbye Jesus

More unbelievable inanity

L.B.

Our 24-year-old car's transmission died today. My wife was working, and a co-worker offered to give us a ride home.

When my wife said it was a good thing her co-worker was there to drive us, and how convenient it was that they lived near us, the co-worker said:

"God totally made it so that we could find out how close we live to each other!"

She then proceeded to tell a story about how her father was trying to sell their house, but had no takers. Neighbors were unchurched people, uninterested in religion. The neighbor man was supposedly into "satanic-ness" (her word). Then, suddenly, one day the neighbor decided he wanted to learn all about Jesus. This woman's father "led him to the Lord".

A couple of weeks later, the neighbor man was driving his delivery truck and had a heart attack and crashed and was killed.

According to her, the Lord must have thought, "you know me as personal savior, so I'll take you home so you're not corrupted by the world".

So, this "Lord" is breaking down the car of two self-employed people with children to feed, and he's giving lethal heart attacks and car crashes to his "true believers".

How the fuck do people actually accept that kind of bullshit?

I guess when you accept that this god's special plans include the rape of children and the murder of millions, this other shit goes down like candy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You appear to be surrounded by religious nutters.  You have my sympathies.  You also have choices.

• Super Moderator

Yeah.  god is real fucking mysterious.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, L.B. said:

Our 24-year-old car's transmission died today. My wife was working, and a co-worker offered to give us a ride home.

When my wife said it was a good thing her co-worker was there to drive us, and how convenient it was that they lived near us, the co-worker said:

"God totally made it so that we could find out how close we live to each other!"

She then proceeded to tell a story about how her father was trying to sell their house, but had no takers. Neighbors were unchurched people, uninterested in religion. The neighbor man was supposedly into "satanic-ness" (her word). Then, suddenly, one day the neighbor decided he wanted to learn all about Jesus. This woman's father "led him to the Lord".

A couple of weeks later, the neighbor man was driving his delivery truck and had a heart attack and crashed and was killed.

According to her, the Lord must have thought, "you know me as personal savior, so I'll take you home so you're not corrupted by the world".

So, this "Lord" is breaking down the car of two self-employed people with children to feed, and he's giving lethal heart attacks and car crashes to his "true believers".

How the fuck do people actually accept that kind of bullshit?

I guess when you accept that this god's special plans include the rape of children and the murder of millions, this other shit goes down like candy.

Blasphemous Rumours
Depeche Mode

Girl of sixteen
Whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists 
Bored with life
Didn't succeed 
Thank the Lord
For small mercies

Fighting back the tears
Mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind