Goodbye Jesus

My husband says I am going to hell

LostinParis

Sorry to hear this @LostinParis Have you called the police? That might be something to consider. Glad you've managed to get out of there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LostinParis said:

Update... Well it’s not great news. My husband became violent, hurt my son so I left with all the kids. We are hiding in a hotel. I have some money and a plan. Divorce is on the cards. All will be well.

PS. Religion is a giant pile of suck.

You did the right thing in leaving. Stay strong. And get the authorities involved if necessary. Mental health issues in particular can make people do utterly crazy things. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, LostinParis said:

I feel like this is a deal-breaker for me. How can I continue to stay married to someone who thinks I am deserving of hell? Has anyone else found themselves in this same position?

We have three kids and he is terrified that they will end up in hell too.

hellp

time for a new husband!

• Thanks 1

So glad you are out and hiding. In case you need this, or someone else reading this thread does, here is the contact info for the National Domestic Violence Hotline:

https://www.thehotline.org/help/

1-800-799-7233

Calling from a secure phone is the best, or using a computer at a library. Remember that home computers can be checked for activity.

• Like 2

Wow (once again) LostinParis how quickly things have changed for you! Good for you with your quick recognition of a potentially dangerous situation and making the appropriate response. Sadly so many women here in the US are unable to recognize or tragically underestimate the threat that domestic violence poses. " From nonprofit Violence Policy Center (FBI reports): in 2016 there were 1,809 women killed by men and of those 962 were wives, ex-wives, or current domestic partners. On average almost 3 women in the US are killed every day by their male partner." I doubt that the situation is very much better in Australia relative to it's smaller population. I see older posted a domestic violence helpline for here in the US so I will post an additional one for there in Australia: https://au.reachout.com/articles/domestic-violence-support

I am sure you will have many challenges ahead in creating a new life for yourself and your family. Please know that my hat is off to you for the courage you have demonstrated in taking this on. Give yourself all the credit in the world because as difficult as this transition will be I believe the rewards will ultimately far outweigh the costs. There is nothing so exilerating and rejuvinating as taking control of your own life. This may seem a little premature but congratulations. I hope you have the very best of luck and are able to enjoy your journey whenever that is possible.

I would suggest as little face to face contact with your husband as possible. If you do meet with him i think it should only be in a very public place and try to get a friend to go with you there and back home after. The next year will probably be the most dangerous time. Anyhow you are doing so great! Keep us up when you can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you all for your support, you have helped me to stay strong for my kids.

I still haven’t filed a police report, I will be keeping that up my sleeve until the inevitable custody battle and division of assets. I have a lawyer, psychologist and lots of support from friends. I no longer consider my husband a threat physically, he is very apologetic and has agreed to an 18 week anger management course. In the meantime I am not letting him see our son. My son doesn’t want to see him either. He has high-functioning autism and is seeing a psychologist to help him deal with the trauma.

It has been 2 weeks since the separation and I’m feeling suprisingly calm. I just want peace. My kids deserve to live in a peaceful home.

It feels scary but at the same time wonderful to finally take control of my own life. 

• Like 6

Virtual hug

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LostinParis said:

Thank-you all for your support, you have helped me to stay strong for my kids.

I still haven’t filed a police report, I will be keeping that up my sleeve until the inevitable custody battle and division of assets. I have a lawyer, psychologist and lots of support from friends. I no longer consider my husband a threat physically, he is very apologetic and has agreed to an 18 week anger management course. In the meantime I am not letting him see our son. My son doesn’t want to see him either. He has high-functioning autism and is seeing a psychologist to help him deal with the trama.

It has been 2 weeks since the separation and I’m feeling suprisingly calm. I just want peace. My kids deserve to live in a peaceful home.

It feels scary but at the same time wonderful to finally take control of my own life. 

Hugs.

Good on 'ya for getting the hell out of that environment, @LostinParis. I know it's hard but it will get better soon. In the meantime do something nice for yourself...and enjoy the freedom!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, LostinParis said:

I feel like this is a deal-breaker for me. How can I continue to stay married to someone who thinks I am deserving of hell? Has anyone else found themselves in this same position?

We have three kids and he is terrified that they will end up in hell too.

hellp

If the relationship your in is no longer about learning and growing for each other, then I'd say run. Run very far away, and find someone who'd love to learn about you.

And they would love you to learn about them.

:)

• Thanks 1