Sign in to follow this  
Fweethawt

Now there's "Thin Privilege"... Yeah... It's a thing.

What a joke... :49:

• Thanks 2

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Saw this in my youtube feed last night. Ignored it.

I think what we have at the moment is a whole bunch of fringe elements from all over all having their big who flung shits on social media.

Never actually seen any of this in the real world so I'm wondering if a lot of the stuff we get upset about these days is entirely a created fiction on the internet?

Has anyone actually had an overweight person pop up to them while you are eating a pizza and railed to you about your skinny privilege?

If it wasn't for Sydney railing against this thing I've never seen I wouldn't know it existed unseen.

39 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

If it wasn't for Sydney railing against this thing I've never seen I wouldn't know it existed unseen.

Who is Sydney?  😎

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Who is Sydney?  😎

Pretty sure that's the chick in the video. Gets views out of railing against fringe left wing elements. Was thinking about starting a channel meself  :D

edit: I'm no longer pretty Sure, I'm absolutely certain that's Sydney...cause she says so in the first 30 seconds.

Next up...people who make good life choices privilege. 

I dunno y’all. I don’t think I would call it skinny privilege but discrimination on over weight people is a thing. I just had a friend get fired from where I work and I think she was being discriminated against bc of her appearance. 

There were a lot of indicators. We switched over to a new attendance policy and everyone had a clean slate last January except her. She wasn’t granted the same access on programs they used at work as the others in the same position. She often went above and beyond what she needed to do but never got credit. Was turned down a higher position even this she was more skilled, had more seniority, and more experience. She was constantly dumped on. She went over her allowed points on attendance and was fired even tho she was trying to get paperwork in for intermittent FMLA which would have taken off all attendance points she had for her medical problems for the past six months. You could tell she was being discriminated against and the only thing I could really see was that she was Very over weight. Which was probably brought on by her depression. 

I watched it all play out. I’m hoping she can get a discrimination case started against the manager that was doing it. 

Ive also seen more attractive people get preferential treatment in other areas as well. I don’t think we will ever see a fat bachelor or bachelorette lol. 

DB

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

I dunno y’all. I don’t think I would call it skinny privilege but discrimination on over weight people is a thing. I just had a friend get fired from where I work and I think she was being discriminated against bc of her appearance. 

There were here a lot of indicators. We switched over to a new attendance policy and everyone had a clean slate last January except her. She wasn’t granted the same access on programs they used at work as the others in the same position. She often went above and beyond what she needed to do but never got credit. Was turned down a higher position even this she was more skilled, had more seniority, and more experience. She was constantly dumped on. She went over her allowed points on attendance and was fired even tho she was trying to get paperwork in for intermittent FMLA which would have taken off all attendance points she had for her medical problems for the past six months. You could tell she was being discriminated against and the only thing I could really see was that she was Very over weight. Which was probably brought on by her depression. 

I watched her it all play out. I’m hoping she can get a discrimination case started against the manager that was doing it. 

Ive also seem more attractive people get preferential treatment in other areas as well. I don’t think we will ever see a fat bachelor or bachelorette lol. 

DB

You don't think it was because she was a woman? Or a bit of both? Woman and over weight? Discrimination and bias is a tricky thing to pin down. How do you prove someone has bias or intends to discriminate on any particular factor. Hmm. Kinda rambling here. Carry on!

2 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Never actually seen any of this in the real world so I'm wondering if a lot of the stuff we get upset about these days is entirely a created fiction on the internet?

Bingo.

24 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You don't think it was because she was a woman? Or a bit of both? Woman and over weight? Discrimination and bias is a tricky thing to pin down. How do you prove someone has bias or intends to discriminate on any particular factor. Hmm. Kinda rambling here. Carry on!

No I don’t think it was because she was a woman because he actually gave the promotion to a skinny woman who didn’t even have a year of experience. I’m pretty sure it was because of her weight. We talked several times about it. Her and I both are overweight. I carry it a bit better as I’m taller and broader anyway but she didn’t. There is also another more attractive woman in our dept. he hired. But she has gained weight and I’ve noticed him putting more work on her now...... I’m betting if she gains much more he’ll start treating her differently too. 

DB

Thin privilege is not the same as discrimination of obese people. 

This is just another case of someone that needs to step away from the Twinkies instead of trying to make normal, healthy people feel bad about themselves.

3 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Thin privilege is not the same as discrimination of obese people. 

This is just another case of someone that needs to step away from the Twinkies instead of trying to make normal, healthy people feel bad about themselves.

Like I said... I have yet to have one of the obese women at work watching skinny me feed my face at staff meetings and tell me to watch my thin privilege. 

EDIT: Should probably clarify my first post. I largely agree with Sydney on what she says about obesity. That's the title is about 'Thin Privilege' is probably more click bait and designed to pull in her followers who will once again get to rage at the lonely left. As mentioned previously this is probably more of a social media storm with a few obese people making their case for why obesity is good. In the real world I think most obese people realize its not good and either don't give a fuck, or genuinely have trouble eating appropriate portions. Now if you don't give a fuck, that's cool with me, but it does piss me off knowing that it does add to strain on the health system. So does over drinking and doing hard drugs. Get pissed off at them people too.

I think anyone getting taken to the hospital due to illegal or intentional drug overdose should get one, single treatment. After that, they don't get another chance. They get left to suffer the consequences of their own decisions.

I'm just struggling to remember all of my privilege at this point. I suffer from white privilege, thin privilege, middle-class income privilege, first world education privilege, western nation privilege, tall privilege, healthy privilege, cis-gender privilege and heterosexual privilege. I'm so privileged that my voice is worth dirt in the victimhood rating index. 

40 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

I'm just struggling to remember all of my privilege at this point. I suffer from white privilege, thin privilege, middle-class income privilege, first world education privilege, western nation privilege, tall privilege, healthy privilege, cis-gender privilege and heterosexual privilege. I'm so privileged that my voice is worth dirt in the victimhood rating index. 

Have you ever had anyone (namely and SJW) bail you up about privilege? Down here in shanty coast town we don't get it. What's it like in the big smoke?

20 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Have you ever had anyone (namely and SJW) bail you up about privilege? Down here in shanty coast town we don't get it. What's it like in the big smoke?

I've had it mentioned in diversity training our company did, but in a positive way of understanding less privileged not being ashamed of what you have.  "Remember there are those who have less education, less opportunities, less informative childhoods. People's ignorance is often a result of environment rather than personal choice, so we have to remember to be understanding and not just expect people to know what we know" kind of thing.

The rabid SJW's are most famous from the US, I'm sure they are in every western nation.  We did see some of that come out with the banning of Molyneux and Southern, the protesters were using all of the standard SJW slogans.  I think they are here in NZ but they don't get a lot of airtime until a big event like that shines the spotlight on them.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.