Sign in to follow this  
Fweethawt

Dear, BO, This one is for you!

Haha, if Bernie does get in I'd say we would see a similar reaction from the right as the left had to Trump. All the hypocrites would come out of the woodwork and want to start a war.

Pssst… BO - they said that about Trump. Easy to defeat, won't have a chance etc. They were wrong and we know it now. Best not make the same mistake eh?

Trump did it the first round.

After 2024 Trump will be but a memory.

8 minutes ago, midniterider said:

After 2024 Trump will be but a memory.

Unless he becomes a dictator for life :ph34r:

Oh, wrong thread, nevermind.

46 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Unless he becomes a dictator for life :ph34r:

In the grand scheme of things, though, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump....America's pretty much the same as it always has been no matter who's in charge. There's a lot of blustering about this or that political hero yet, life seems to go on in pretty much the same way.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, midniterider said:

In the grand scheme of things, though, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump....America's pretty much the same as it always has been no matter who's in charge. There's a lot of blustering about this or that political hero yet, life seems to go on in pretty much the same way.

I know... that was tongue in cheek at those who seem to view Trump as a saviour. 

30 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I know... that was tongue in cheek at those who seem to view Trump as a saviour. 

Then the same can be said about those that view him as a dictator or whatever.

Why bitch at all if it's all just more of the same?

3 hours ago, Burnedout said:

LF is just whining.  He has no vote in the USA so it is funny to watch him spas out over Trump.  LOL!!!

Awww, you're so cute! :blah:

3 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Then the same can be said about those that view him as a dictator or whatever.

What can be said? You'll note I didn't say anything about people who think Trump will save the world, only that I was giving them a cheeky prod. Now I doubted that there actually were any such people so obvious was my poke.... but judging by the two replies I've received i was wrong :D  

3 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Why bitch at all if it's all just more of the same?

Well why not. We all bitch about stuff we don't like right? And bitching about our political overlords is a very ToT thing to do. I consider Trump an overlord because you MAGA folk over there actually affect us... whereas we have no effect on you... (except winning the America's Cup) We (NZ) are in trouble with China because the US wanted us to tell a Chinese company to sod off because they were 'potentially spying'. I'm given to understand that our largest trading partner, the venerable Chinese, may have been offended by such an action and have, shall we say, started making their displeasure known. So yep, I bitch about Trump and the US from time to time because you big Americans (MAGA) affect out lil Island nation and really don't give a fuck about it. Peace the fuck out bro!

4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So yep, I bitch about Trump and the US from time to time because you big Americans (MAGA) affect out lil Island nation and really don't give a fuck about it. Peace the fuck out bro!

But, back to the previous comment. Why should I give a fuck? If it's just going to be more of the same regardless of who is doing it, giving a fuck about it isn't going to change anything.

2 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

But, back to the previous comment. Why should I give a fuck? If it's just going to be more of the same regardless of who is doing it, giving a fuck about it isn't going to change anything.

I believe LF answered the question like this: "Well why not. We all bitch about stuff we don't like right? "

So why do we bitch about stuff? Maybe because the average middle class citizen, having very little power to affect world affairs, will choose a hero who does have power (like a president) and live vicariously through them to make them feel better. It's an emotional response. It's about those FEELINGS that for some reason get demonized on this subforum.

11 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yeah, I know. That thought just popped in my head so I immediately wrote it down before it evaporated. lol.

BTW, Bernie's too old and lost the primary previously. Give it up, Bernie.

• Thanks 1

I'm of the opinion that fame matters more than content in all democracies. Bill Clinton's biggest jump in the polls was from playing the saxophone, Arnie won cos he was cool in the movies, Reagan was a famous actor and now Trump wins based on reality tv and his face in the papers. Due to this I would guess Trump will be re-elected solely because there is no one famous enough to run against him. 

This is why 4/5 of the last presidents have won a second term. Being president gives a lot of fame. 

If the parties really want to win they need to be grooming Hollywood celebrities. If Oprah, The Rock, Will Smith or Dr Phil ran for office, regardless of their policies they would be strong favourites to win. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wertbag said:

I'm of the opinion that fame matters more than content in all democracies. Bill Clinton's biggest jump in the polls was from playing the saxophone, Arnie won cos he was cool in the movies, Reagan was a famous actor and now Trump wins based on reality tv and his face in the papers. Due to this I would guess Trump will be re-elected solely because there is no one famous enough to run against him. 

This is why 4/5 of the last presidents have won a second term. Being president gives a lot of fame. 

If the parties really want to win they need to be grooming Hollywood celebrities. If Oprah, The Rock, Will Smith or Dr Phil ran for office, regardless of their policies they would be strong favourites to win. 

I think you're having a keen insight here. 

11 hours ago, Wertbag said:

Dr Phil would destroy Trump in the primaries. He'd get elected and Twitter would file bankruptcy.

45 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Dr Phil would destroy Trump in the primaries. He'd get elected and Twitter would file bankruptcy.

He'd definitely get the female vote. And not because of his sleak, hot and sexy bald head, either. They'd vote for him based on the fact that he always concludes that all problems somehow stem from men not living up to some impossible standard.

LoL, youre probably right, Fwee.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:55 AM, Wertbag said:

I'm of the opinion that fame matters more than content in all democracies.

Hm. Interesting. So who might be a great choice? Jerry Seinfeld? Beyoncé? Neil deGrasse Tyson? Other ideas?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.