LogicalFallacy

Hindu man wants company to fly him back to India to clense after eating beef.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/111064745/hindu-mans-beef-with-blenheim-supermarket-after-mislabelling

Holy shit! How about we don't encourage people to hold asinine belief's instead? Hope countdown doesn't give in - if it does it will set a dangerous precedent... and I might suddenly become religious again.

None of the Hindu deities struck him down, so it looks like he should count his blessings. If he can't accept the fact that everyone makes mistakes, then he should source his meat from someplace that doesn't process beef or raise his own, or he could just quit eating meat altogether and never have to worry about it. Expecting such an enormous payout for such a harmless accident is preposterous. The real cause of his expense is his own stupidity. 

I need a purification ceremony ... in ummm... the Bahamas. And some grocery store needs to pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

I need a purification ceremony ... in ummm... the Bahamas. And some grocery store needs to pay for it.

My thoughts exactly.

How did he know it was beef and not lamb?  Was it because it didn't taste like shit?

mwc

2 hours ago, mwc said:

How did he know it was beef and not lamb?  Was it because it didn't taste like shit?

Blasphemous! Wait, maybe I shouldn't put it that way :P

Lamb though, mmmmm. Gimme some lamb shawarma, or a gyro, or a nice chop. Om nom nom nom nom

Well, don't go demanding to be flown home and complain to the papers - they will dig up your shit.... example

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/111179238/man-at-centre-of-meat-mixup-previously-found-to-have-underpaid-vulnerable-workers

We get a lot of this with Indian's exploiting other migrants. DOL tries to keep on top but its a big issue.

6 hours ago, wellnamed said:

Blasphemous! Wait, maybe I shouldn't put it that way :P

Lamb though, mmmmm. Gimme some lamb shawarma, or a gyro, or a nice chop. Om nom nom nom nom

None of what you say sounds correct.  But go ahead and eat it since it leaves none for me. ;)

mwc

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mwc said:

mwc

According to the article the package had two labels, one for lamb and another for beef. For all we know, he may have seen both labels and didn't even eat the beef, but just wants a free vacation. 

15 hours ago, Citsonga said:

According to the article the package had two labels, one for lamb and another for beef. For all we know, he may have seen both labels and didn't even eat the beef, but just wants a free vacation. 

The cheapest fare to India doesn't sound like a vacation to me.  I'm bad at vacations.

mwc

What's he whinging about? Sacred cows make the tastiest beef!

Casey

• Like 1