Goodbye Jesus

Recent Changes to Forums

sdelsolray

I have noticed several changes to the forum layout and function recently, two of which I have questions about.

1)  In the "Posts" list on the right of the forum main page, fewer of the subforums' posts are listed there.  Before, posts from ToT subforum and perhaps a couple other subforums were not listed.  Now, many more subforum posts are not listed there.  Why is this?  Is this intentional?

2)  The post count and reputation totals for members have all of a sudden decreased (e.g., post count dropping from 4,000 to 3,500 and reputation count dropping from 2,000 to 1,500).  Why did this happen?  Can they be restored to the earlier totals?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

I have noticed several changes to the forum layout and function recently, two of which I have questions about.

1)  In the "Posts" list on the right of the forum main page, fewer of the subforums' posts are listed there.  Before, posts from ToT subforum and perhaps a couple other subforums were not listed.  Now, many more subforum posts are not listed there.  Why is this?  Is this intentional?

2)  The post count and reputation totals for members have all of a sudden decreased (e.g., post count dropping from 4,000 to 3,500 and reputation count dropping from 2,000 to 1,500).  Why did this happen?  Can they be restored to the earlier totals?

Thanks!

1) ToT and News have been folded into Controversy and Conflict Club.  It's accessible from Clubs link under the Browse tab on the toolbar.  Other subs have been swallowed into greater categories, like the Debate Area has the Lion's Den and the Colosseum.

2) It looks like Burnedout has been scoured from the site.  His threads have been deleted, along with all of their replies.  Also, it looks like all the reputation points he gave out have gone too.  Have no idea what happened there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks 1989 for the response.  

As to my first question, I get it that subforums have been shuffled around and some have been folded into Clubs.  However, my question deals with why references to new posts made in many subforums (and also sub-subforums) are not listed anymore on the running list called "Posts" on the right of the main forums page (I think it used to be called "Recent Posts").  For example, no posts from the "Rants and Replies", "General Christian Theological Issues" or "Science vs. Religion", among others, are listed there anymore.  Before the recent changes, they were listed there.

As to my second question, the effect of the scouring of poster Burnedout seems to make sense.  I had him on ignore for many years.