Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mothernature

I just want it to stop

Recommended Posts

Aghhhh! I just want to scream and make this all stop. When I talk to my kids about what their dad has been doing and telling them it drives me crazy. He makes them pray loudly in the car every day before school. They told me if they are quite he gets upset and he prays more loudly trying to get them to join in. He tells them heaven is made of gold and diamonds. Apparently he is showing them pictures of places around the world where miracles supposedly happened. He makes them do the hail mary and tells them they can have anything they want if they pray properly then jesus will give it to them. This puts me in a panic when I hear my kids talking like this. They are too young to be brainwashed so badly. I try to convince them otherwise, but I'm sure my explanations are not great for their young age. How do you compete with stories like that. Love of children, animals on a boat, peace in heaven, healing just like that, singing songs, jesus scooping them up and taking them to heaven. Aghhh. When I talk about the flood and how it killed all the people and other animals on the earth, that's not happy news. That's not enjoyable to hear about, so how are the kids going to listen to me??? I try to explain that different people can have different beliefs, but how do I tell them their dad is crazy. I don't want to talk badly about their dad but I don't want them to think that kind of behaviour is normal! Oh how I wish this would end. I just want to raise my kids without all this bullshit. Apparently he told them that I am christian, I just don't show it very well! I think I have better morals than most christians, so I'm not sure what he's talking about, must be the crazy praise part!🤪

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably already suspect that their dad is a nutcase. Being honest with them is not a bad thing, and pointing out the "emperor's new clothes" is not a bad thing. It will help give them a sense of reality to contrast his crazy behavior and words. They need your help.

 

The god of the bible is evil, which is why he only has one punishment for disobedience: death. The flood myth is about everyone, including children, dying because the bible god is a dick. Happily, it is a myth, a fairy tale but without a good ending. Teach them that they don't need to be afraid of daddy's imaginary friend, and that he has some problems that cause him to behave this way. That is scary, but probably no more scary than his current actions and words. Wait til he starts talking about damnation and demons, and the only cure is becoming a cult member like him.

 

Crazy people trying to push their fears and insane beliefs on kids is a big trigger for me, and I don't have much tolerance at all for it. Christianity re-enforced fears of invisible monsters in my young mind, resulting in 30 years of hardcore belief. That messed up my sexual life also since lust (which is entirely normal) was bad and demonic. Please do all you can to save your kids from this mind-fuck.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fuego said:

Teach them that they don't need to be afraid of daddy's imaginary friend, and that he has some problems that cause him to behave this way.

^ ^ ^ 

 

Mothernature, you didn't say how old the kids are, but Fuego has a good idea. You could just tell them to play along in order to avoid problems. Depending on their age you could say that some people believe in Santa Claus but they grow out of it, and some people believe in God and Jesus but they never grow out of it, and that God and Jesus are no more real than Santa.

 

Of course, it also matters if you are still all together in the same household or are separated and sharing custody, and the nature of your relationships. If you are all peaceful, that's one thing, but if he gets nasty or violent, then you have other things to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 11:05 AM, Mothernature said:

Aghhhh! I just want to scream and make this all stop. When I talk to my kids about what their dad has been doing and telling them it drives me crazy. He makes them pray loudly in the car every day before school. They told me if they are quite he gets upset and he prays more loudly trying to get them to join in. He tells them heaven is made of gold and diamonds. Apparently he is showing them pictures of places around the world where miracles supposedly happened. He makes them do the hail mary and tells them they can have anything they want if they pray properly then jesus will give it to them. This puts me in a panic when I hear my kids talking like this. They are too young to be brainwashed so badly. I try to convince them otherwise, but I'm sure my explanations are not great for their young age. How do you compete with stories like that. Love of children, animals on a boat, peace in heaven, healing just like that, singing songs, jesus scooping them up and taking them to heaven. Aghhh. When I talk about the flood and how it killed all the people and other animals on the earth, that's not happy news. That's not enjoyable to hear about, so how are the kids going to listen to me??? I try to explain that different people can have different beliefs, but how do I tell them their dad is crazy. I don't want to talk badly about their dad but I don't want them to think that kind of behaviour is normal! Oh how I wish this would end. I just want to raise my kids without all this bullshit. Apparently he told them that I am christian, I just don't show it very well! I think I have better morals than most christians, so I'm not sure what he's talking about, must be the crazy praise part!🤪

Actually Jesus points out that those who pray to be seen are a pack of hypocrites, tell him that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 6:56 PM, Fuego said:

Crazy people trying to push their fears and insane beliefs on kids is a big trigger for me, and I don't have much tolerance at all for it. Christianity re-enforced fears of invisible monsters in my young mind, resulting in 30 years of hardcore belief. That messed up my sexual life also since lust (which is entirely normal) was bad and demonic. Please do all you can to save your kids from this mind-fuck.

 

Such a big trigger for me too. 

 

They get a hold of a young person's mind, a mind maybe predisposed to reality and critical thinking, and mess up their entire mental operating system.  I did not escape fully until i reached age 50.

 

Yes, what Fuego said.  Please do all you can to save your kids from this mind-fuck, the greatest ever invented by man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mothernature,

 

The young'uns simply must understand that daddy is delusional - lest they wind up like him...or worse. 

After you make it clear that their father has issues they will likely spill the beans at some point but that will, hopefully, open up a conversation where you can all express yourselves. This helps and Mr Mother might just undergo a sort awakening by listening to how people see his actions.

 

I wonder sometimes about those who are so outwardly gung-ho about their religious beliefs and those who insist that other be so too. I wonder if they have some serious cracks in their faith and trying to plug the cracks in the dam. I could be all wet here as indoctrination can really grab ahold of us, but I seriously wonder if my observations are accurate in at least some of the sheeple. 

 

I feel your pain. No kids involved but Mrs. MOHO is so over the top that it creeps me out on a daily basis. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not tolerate extreme, batshit crazy indoctrination because it's child abuse, plain and simple. But I do not know how crazy and destructive his insanity is, so bear in mind that many of us had one or more super religious parents and figured it out for ourselves just fine. Only you know if your children are in real danger, and if so, only you can stop it by whatever means necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MOHO said:

@Mothernature,

 

The young'uns simply must understand that daddy is delusional - lest they wind up like him...or worse. 

After you make it clear that their father has issues they will likely spill the beans at some point but that will, hopefully, open up a conversation where you can all express yourselves. This helps and Mr Mother might just undergo a sort awakening by listening to how people see his actions.

That appears to be too optimistic for me, the undergo an Awakening part. It's a dangerous combination when you put authority and patriarchy together and they are inevitably intertwined. Which is why some husbands go batshit crazy when their wives or children leave fundamentalist xtianity. It undermines the authority they rely on. For a lot, it threatens their very masculinity because their masculine ideals are closely tied to these. Witness the rage and violence that can result as a consequence. It's better to be prepared for the worst rather than to hope for awakenings and understanding for the other side. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.