Goodbye Jesus

Greetings!

Comatoast

Hello all, I generally recoil from social media but I thought it was time to have conversations with like minded people.

I'm not an athiest, not exactly sure how to categorize my beliefs yet. That's possibly why I am here as well. 

I have been an ex christian for about 10 years now. My mom dad brothers and sister are all hard core fundy lovelies. They are lovely! Not sarcasm. But I'm finding it increasingly difficult. They of course, quote scripture to me. Lovingly, apologetically, delicately. 

I'm struggling for words lol. I guess the next step on my journey is to finally reach out and associate with other people that may be like minded. To stop feeling like the lone black sheep you know? Although this black sheep is a wacky new age fruity space cadet lol. Oooh yeah! 😜

Look forward to meeting you all, have a lovely whatever it is in your neck of the woods!

• Like 3

Welcome.I’m certain you will find this site helpful. Another good place to find help dealing with religious people is Recovering from Religion. They have a lot of good You Tube videos too. 

• Super Moderator

Welcome, 'toast! We're happy you're here.

`Welcome to the forums.

Sometimes it's best to not fall into any particular category, labels tend to stifle your growth and place limits on your mind.  Embrace being undefined, sometimes I feel as if I fall into that category too.

Your family sounds like they love you.  Sure, they might quote scripture but they only do it because it's what brings THEM comfort.  Think about it like a child seeing an adult in distress and offering them their teddy bear.  The grown up is far beyond toys but as far as the kid knows, that's what brings comfort it times of tribulation.  Once you come to that realization, scripture and prayers shouldn't bother you as much.

I can identify with being a black sheep albeit for different reasons.  I don't feel a sense of belonging with family but neither with other groups, I'm too much of a freethinker and that gets me into trouble.  By new age space cadet I assume you embrace those kinds of beliefs?  Nothing wrong with that.

Look forward to getting to know you too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Comatoast said:

Hello all, I generally recoil from social media but I thought it was time to have conversations with like minded people.

I'm not an athiest, not exactly sure how to categorize my beliefs yet. That's possibly why I am here as well. 

I have been an ex christian for about 10 years now. My mom dad brothers and sister are all hard core fundy lovelies. They are lovely! Not sarcasm. But I'm finding it increasingly difficult. They of course, quote scripture to me. Lovingly, apologetically, delicately. 

I'm struggling for words lol. I guess the next step on my journey is to finally reach out and associate with other people that may be like minded. To stop feeling like the lone black sheep you know? Although this black sheep is a wacky new age fruity space cadet lol. Oooh yeah! 😜

Look forward to meeting you all, have a lovely whatever it is in your neck of the woods!

Welcome Comatoast,

I detect intellect and humor in your chosen words. I think you'll like it here where intellect and humor are both appreciated and involved in many of the various conversations posted here. Browse and read the forums and chime in where you have interest. I think you'll find that most people here are very friendly. Have fun!

"The fractal universe" is also a unique response to "Still have any gods"  :)

Aww thanks guys! I will definitely be combing over this site lol.

15 hours ago, RealityCheck said:

The grown up is far beyond toys but as far as the kid knows, that's what brings comfort it times of tribulation.  Once you come to that realization, scripture and prayers shouldn't bother you as much.

Thanks RealityCheck!  Prayers never bother me. I will take all the prayers any one wants to pray for me! It's just getting tedious being told that I am deceived by satan, my beautiful journey is a lie from satan, etc. 

"The fractal universe" is also a unique response to "Still have any gods"  

It is isn't it? Don't think we can accurately describe what God is in the mortal realm, but that's the closest I have been able to get so far lol. 

Thanks guys for your kind welcome I appreciate it ❤

Welcome to Ex-C, @Comatoast.

There's butter in the Ex Christian Life section and jam in Rants & Replies section.

Make yourself homely. 

Welcome to ex-c, Comatoast...where we heathens help each other be better heathens :)

@Comatoast

Greetings and welcome!

Grab some coffee and set a spell!