Goodbye Jesus

Hand of God

Justus

So how many believe the Notre Dame fire was an act of God?  

I may be going out on a limb here,  but I don't think you'll find very many people here who think that.

Sometimes,  stuff catches fire. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, disillusioned said:

I may be going out on a limb here,  but I don't think you'll find very many people here who think that.

I guess you have to have your house being taking away by those whose house got taken away to see the irony

On 4/17/2019 at 10:20 AM, disillusioned said:

Sometimes,  stuff catches fire. 

What like a bush?  LOL, I got it. good one.  

The fire will spark the funds within a day to two to cover the cost of its renovation that by the rapid spread of the flames indicated a much needed renovation.  I find it strange that the French President would even suggest that France would assist in the rebuilding of a Catholic Church much less vow, but the times they be decaying.

?

Notre Dame is a major tourist attraction. I went there a couple years ago. Yes,  it's a church,  but it's also some damn fine architecture and art. Obviously France is interested in rebuilding. 

As always Justus, I'm not sure what the hell your point is. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_2019-04-18-18-02-32-1.png

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

?

Notre Dame is a major tourist attraction. I went there a couple years ago. Yes,  it's a church,  but it's also some damn fine architecture and art. Obviously France is interested in rebuilding. 

Yeah, I was there in April 2014. It was definitely worth a visit. It's sad to see it destroyed.

FB95IMG951555542501632.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 1:00 AM, Justus said:

Well, here's my post about that: 

The current theory is that the fire started from an electrical short. 

Regardless of issues with the Catholic church and with Christianity as a whole, cathedrals are magnificent structures and are worth visiting. 

Notre Dame is owned by the French Government, which is likely self-insured for the structure.  Some artifacts may have commercial insurance.  Two of the main contractors (who may be held responsible for the fire) are insured by AXA Insurance.

I heard an illegal alien from Honduras torched it on purpose.

Which god?

mwc

Here's an interesting article in the New York Times that says that officials at Notre Dame seriously underestimated the fire risk. Assessments had been made over the years but steps that could have slowed the spread were not taken. And when the first alarm went off, the person who went to check did not see any fire but probably didn't go to the exact alarm that went off. Thirty-one minutes passed between the first alarm and the call to the fire department. Add to that the response time and the time it took for firefighters to climb to the attic. As with many disasters, there are a number of factors that added up to this catastrophe. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/world/europe/notre-dame-fire-safety.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage