Goodbye Jesus

Scientists Bring Dead Pig Brain Back To Life

LogicalFallacy

Oh. You had me for a minute. From the header I thought this was a thread about Trump.

• Haha 1

This is the sort of stuff that's needed if people really want "eternal" life.  I see it as a form of hell but maybe if I was born into a world where this was the norm I'd think differently?  Now you need some sort of "donor" body like a brainless clone or something and the ability to transplant brains and you're pretty much set I think.  Although I would kind of like the ability to "upgrade" to a nicer body or a maybe just a different model from time to time since forever is a long time.

mwc

• Haha 1

The possibility of this has been known for nearly a century, and the sci-fi versions of it have been around at least 60 years. Some humans, Walt Disney for instance, had himself, or his head cryogenically preserved even though family members have denied it. The science of it is generally valid excepting freezing destroys cells (ruptures them) so a blood anti-freeze is needed. The sci-fi scenario is a type of suspended animation whereby an animal, human, etc. is cryo-preserved then brought back to life in the future. Those presently promoting this technology do not have all the pieces of the puzzle as yet but IMO it will happen in roughly the next 30 years concerning animals and eventually humans. The idea is that when you or a loved one are dying of a terminal illness you would have yourself or the loved one cryo-preserved. Your directive and money would enable you or them  to come back to life when the  illness can likely be cured.

This is real science currently in development. This process does not forestall conventional aging so different processes and  treatments would be needed for that.

• Like 1

Fascinating!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mwc said:

This is the sort of stuff that's needed if people really want "eternal" life.  I see it as a form of hell but maybe if I was born into a world where this was the norm I'd think differently?  Now you need some sort of "donor" body like a brainless clone or something and the ability to transplant brains and you're pretty much set I think.  Although I would kind of like the ability to "upgrade" to a nicer body or a maybe just a different model from time to time since forever is a long time.

mwc

A brainless clone? Many xtians going about....should be pretty easy to get hold of someone.

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2019 at 12:10 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

That settles it! 

If this happened to a pig, then Jesus rose from the dead! 

Case closed! 

On 4/18/2019 at 1:31 AM, mwc said:

mwc

37 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

That settles it! 

If this happened to a pig, then Jesus rose from the dead! 

Case closed! 

It IS ALIVE!!!! RISEN!

• Haha 1