Goodbye Jesus

New "American Gods" season 2

Fuego

It's...ok. I far preferred the original writers. The author Neil Gaiman said it didn't matter, but there is clearly a difference in quality. They lost actors Kristin Chenoweth (Ostara/Easter) and Gillian Anderson (Media), and seem intent on introducing as many new characters as possible without really creating much depth. Thor/ came and went in one odd show. The New Media is a good character, more modern. They already started setting up the end, so I assume they will either finish with this season or maybe have one more. 

It has diverged from the book rather a lot at this point, but carries the same themes. They are spending a lot of time on racism in this season, probably because the original monologue by Mr. Nancy had a profound effect on many blacks who watched the show. They want to keep that audience stoked. 

I kind of gave up after season 1, which was hit or miss for me. I love the book though.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that season 2 is over (and what a chaotic season it was), Gaiman is getting the director of Dexter to do the last season and wrap it up. Even he admitted that they need better storytelling, and a director with a clear vision and goal. I think I already see how the Laura/Sweeney part of it will play out, but won't go into that here. 

Ooh, I just hate waiting...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.