Sign in to follow this  

Sri Lanka Bombings Retribution for Christchurch?

So Muslim terrorists go ahead and bomb a bunch of Christians that have absolutely nothing to do with New Zealand?  Go figure.  What's interesting is that there were warning signs and reports that this would happen.  Did hard-line Buddhist nationals ignore intelligence reports to both have Christians killed and have Muslims to blame for it?  Do I sound like a conspiracy theorist?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/sri-lanka-attacks-retaliation-christchurch-deputy-minister-190423082847025.html

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Dunno.

Normally the telltale sign of a Conspiracy (of 911 "truth", Apollo hoax or similar scale, in contrast to conspiracies like, say, Watergate back in the day) is that countless people would need to be in the know and not blow the whistle... which is what makes Conspiracies insane.

Doesn't seem to me like your assumption is built on an army of collaborators. I'd think it's possible.

I also think though that claims of the kind "they were warned", without any context, are dangerous. The US got warned of the imminent attack on Pearl Harbor too, that's a fact as far as I know. But what the PH Conspiracy nutjobs like to "forget" is that they got warnings of about 3 metric fucktons of allegedly planned attacks. How could they have known which one was the true one?

It's always easy to know it all after the fact. ;)

I say, let's wait a while and see what decent investigation can turn up.

Whether or not this was retaliation, isn't it lovely how the two religions are fighting each other via terrorism today?

During the two crusades, and in between, the two sides would put up vast armies that would pummel each other. Now they take out innocent bystanders. And yes, the current situation is very like those times in that the Muslims regard all of America, parts of Europe, Australia, New Zealand etc, as Christian. Hencse all are fair game. 

And in the interest of equal time I reckon buttheads like the one that shot up that Mosk in NZ regard all Muslims, and Muslin heavy countries, as fair game as well. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it was retaliation but I can see how it could be.  When the war is simply one of ideologies then it doesn't matter where the battles take place.  Countries and borders are irrelevant to those engaged in this sort of thing.  What matters is who is on what side.  At that point you simply strike at those who aren't on your side whenever and wherever you can or whenever it seems to make sense to further your cause.

mwc

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, 1989 said:

So Muslim terrorists go ahead and bomb a bunch of Christians that have absolutely nothing to do with New Zealand?  Go figure.  What's interesting is that there were warning signs and reports that this would happen.  Did hard-line Buddhist nationals ignore intelligence reports to both have Christians killed and have Muslims to blame for it?  Do I sound like a conspiracy theorist?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/sri-lanka-attacks-retaliation-christchurch-deputy-minister-190423082847025.html

This is exactly what the nut job wanted. He spelled it out in his manifesto. He wanted to trigger a war in order to get the ball rolling and move on with having a big conflict unfold, basically. If the two are connected then they're merely granting his wishes. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.