Goodbye Jesus

How common are coincidences

Rickswordfish

• Super Moderator

Your list could also be used to describe Washington D.C. if you skip the scarlet and purple bit.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rickswordfish said:

I never thought of that

A lot of protestants are raised to believe that the catholic church is the whore of babylon, pope being the antichrist, number of the beast going back to the papacy, etc., etc. It's a very common delusion that I'd expect most ex-protestants around here are very familiar with. And we're also quite aware of what complete bullshit all of it is, too. All of it. Anyone claiming that revelation is about the contemporary period will fail miserably when pressed to substantiate the claim. Miserably. I was raised on that shit as an SDA. Spoon fed the mark of the beast is sunday worship, led out worldwide by the roman catholic church. It's total and complete horse shit nonsense, all of it. 

The evidence squarely points to the writer of revelation referring to the contemporary period of his writing. Making direct reference to Rome, the Caesar, and what was happening at that time and what he expected to take place, soon, at that time. 

That time has long since passed........

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Your list could also be used to describe Washington D.C. if you skip the scarlet and purple bit.

Scarlet and purple are not so far from red and blue...

Coincidence?

• Super Moderator
47 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

Scarlet and purple are not so far from red and blue...

Coincidence?

No.  Clearly red and blue are the direct result of scarlet and purple.  Therefore causation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Rickswordfish said:

I was wondering how common coincidences are in the world

Yes, synchronicity.

I think that has something to do with reality, not your reality or mine. But a system of counter measures that's running as the reality we live in.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start off by posting my favourite video clip about the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHoxZF3ZgTo#t=49m18s
In general, the chance of any one particular coincidence occurring is often low, but the chance of SOME coincidence occurring is very high, which is why coincidences happen all the time.
Often, we're unreasonably impressed by such coincidences, because we forget all the other coincidences that didn't happen in the same place at the same time.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, JohnnyWishbone said:

Yes, synchronicity.

I think that has something to do with reality, not your reality or mine. But a system of counter measures that's running as the reality we live in.

Shito! I really need to fine-tune my concepts.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:27 AM, Rickswordfish said:

List of what the whore of babylon

1. "Idolatrous practices"

2. A city

3. Rich

4. Scarlet and purple

5. Killed people

6. Head of a worldwide organization

1 - every empire ever

2 - there are thousands

3 - every empire ever

4 - what is? Their flag? Military uniform? Favourite house paint? 

5 - every empire ever

6 - every empire ever

Vague enough to relate to anyone. What about the Babylonian empire itself? 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:27 AM, Rickswordfish said:

List of what the whore of Babylon

1. Head of a worldwide organization

The current leader of Greenpeace?

What particular attributes are you defining as worldwide?

By the way, scarlet and purple dyes have historically been expensive, and wearing scarlet and purple cloth was probably a marker of wealth and power at the time, just as gold still is today.
So if this text you're referring to mentions scarlet and purple, and the catholic church tends to use scarlet and purple more than average, the reason is probably money.

Coincidences are so common for me that I expect them often. And I'm seldom let down. Some people seem as if they attract coincidences more than others, though. And it's either completely random or there may be something more to it. Trying to hash out exactly the right answer to the question isn't easy. 

I get drive thru orders totaling $6.66 often enough that it's something I always take note of. Now either it's because I'm the anti-christ, or the real anti-christ is sending me little messages, or just so turns out that at Taco Bell and some such places certain combinations of orders come out to that total. A meal number such and such with a mexi-melt added on ends up equaling $6.66 after taxes.  

Three choices. 

Which one seems more likely? 

🤣

My wife an I purchased a newer car for her a few years ago, a Mercedes E350 (nice car BTW).  After the purchase both of us began to notice many other Mercedes E350, E320, etc. on the road.

Why is that not a coincidence?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

My wife an I purchased a newer car for her a few years ago, a Mercedes E350 (nice car BTW).  After the purchase both of us began to notice many other Mercedes E350, E320, etc. on the road.

Why is that not a coincidence?

The same thing happened with my Carolina Skiff!!!!

Madness I say, total madness!!! Carolina Skiffs everywhere. 

I gave that example to demonstrate a phenomena that most of us experience.  Our brains spend considerable energy filtering out numerous sensory inputs.  The example shows how that filtering process can change.

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

I gave that example to demonstrate a phenomena that most of us experience.  Our brains spend considerable energy filtering out numerous sensory inputs.  The example shows how that filtering process can change.

Yes, with cars, boats, guitars, phones, etc. - just about anything. Once you have something you start to notice how many people have similar items. Prior to that, you don't notice the items so much. The Mercedes was a good example. 

@Rickswordfish

Another Revelation oriented coincidence to consider: WWW in Hebrew = vav, vav, vav. 

"vav" is both the letter v / w and the number 6.

So in Hebrew, www.com = 666.com numerically. Every time a web address is typed, 666 is invoked in Hebrew. 

So is it the Catholic Church or the World Wide Web that the bible is telling us is the Beast of Revelation bearing it's mark? 

Or is it all irrelevant nonsense (including the drive thru orders), because 666 was a reference to Nero Caesar in the first place and had nothing to do with the future and our contemporary period regardless of these "coincidences?"