Sign in to follow this  
FuzzieConcepts

alleged synagogue shooter was a churchgoer who talked Christian theology, raising tough questions for evangelical pastors

Gotta commend those pastors Woolf and Kwon for denouncing the shit properly and engaging in self-reflection regarding their share of responsibility, just like muslim leaders should if their sheeple justify their crimes with religious ideology.

17 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

Gotta commend those pastors Woolf and Kwon for denouncing the shit properly and engaging in self-reflection regarding their share of responsibility, just like muslim leaders should if their sheeple justify their crimes with religious ideology.

Goes for everyone doesn't it?

If you're identifying as X (whatever X may be... muslim, conservative, feminist or whathaveyou), others overhype X to beyond insane level, and you stay silent about the bullshit the fanatics do or say, you do not get to complain about how the rest of the world misunderstands X so so much. Case closed.

Now if everyone would comply with this simple rule... hey I can dream can't I?

• Like 2

Here's a key paragraph from the story:

In the manifesto, “you actually hear a frighteningly clear articulation of Christian theology in certain sentences and paragraphs. He has, in some ways, been well taught in the church,” said the Rev. Duke Kwon, a Washington pastor in the Presbyterian Church in America, …

In spite of how many of us here may feel about Christianity, I think there may be some good people in it but as Thurisaz suggests, when will they stand up and shut down this shit? Until they do, I hesitate to call them "good people."

Well of course it's beyond pesky to issue a statement to the press or somesuch every time a nutjob ran amok again but... well... the alternative is to get lumped in with the loonies so whacha gonna do. See the association of German Asatruar I'm a member of. Every time some rightard asshole did something disgusting and made it look like Asatruar = fascist fuckface, our press liaison sighs and writes yet another press statement. But who'd have thunk... it mostly works. We stay out of the "these are all nazis!!!111!!!!!111!!!!eleven!!!!!oneoneone!!!!!!!" headlines most of the time.

Can't be that hard for other groups to do the same can it?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.