Goodbye Jesus

Type specific

JohnnyWishbone

I have to ask this, but do you hate your own political system?

Because I can't stand the politicians in my country. Once it was a fair country, that didn't squeeze every last drop of blood from us. But now the politician's are literally doing less than the less for our community they did many year's ago.

I received a flyer in my mail box about a week ago promoting a new party in Australia United Australia (Clive Palmer)

He's the one that's going to turn this country around.

I'm reading this flyer, it looks very promising (Compared to the Labour & Liberal agenda)

But right at the bottom, I read

"God bless us, and this country"

Hey cunt! 

I thought religion & politics were seperate.

Am I wrong to think that?

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of democracy as practiced in the western world.  The whole idea that you must pick a guy to represent you knowing full well that, as unique individuals, finding someone we agree with on everything is nigh on impossible.  Just look at the US having to pick between Trump and Hillary, most people seem to agree that it was picking the best of the bad choices. 

I would love to see countries run the government like a company, a full technocracy.  Make the people share holders with voting rights, and if the country makes a profit then that comes back as dividends.  People would get picked for their positions based on their experience and skillset, rather than any popularity contest.  You could still have voting, but it would be based on reading the persons CV and seeing them in interviews and debates.  Actually try to get the best person for the job, rather than the person with the most TV time.  Politicians could be held to job reviews and KPI targets.  You then have a government made up of mixed opinions and real diversity.

I think people want change and would vote for it, but the system is designed to stop any such ideas from being considered.

Yes, I hate the political system, but I can't conceive of a better one. I also have a really low patience for entertaining other people's ideas of what would be a better system.

Is religion separate from politics? No. Everything is political. Especially identity groups and interest groups. Religion is both.

1 hour ago, ToHellWithMe said:

Yes, I hate the political system, but I can't conceive of a better one. I also have a really low patience for entertaining other people's ideas of what would be a better system.

Is religion separate from politics? No. Everything is political. Especially identity groups and interest groups. Religion is both.

Yeah, alright, I kinda knew that. Makes me want to leave society for good and go back to the jungle.