Goodbye Jesus

The Child With Fire In Her Eye's

JohnnyWishbone

What's it like to believe that when you die, you will return to the dust & be no more. 

Just like the time before I was never born, they say.

Hm, and you actually remember what that's like?

To be dead & alive at the same time.

I don't know anyone who claims to actually remember what it was like before they were born.  But that doesn't mean we don't have a coherent notion of complete non-existence.

1 hour ago, disillusioned said:

I don't know anyone who claims to actually remember what it was like before they were born.  But that doesn't mean we don't have a coherent notion of complete non-existence.

Is there a notion of complete non-existence, I've never heard of such a thing. You'll have to explain that to me, thanks disillusioned.

15 hours ago, hyperferion said:

Is there a notion of complete non-existence, I've never heard of such a thing. You'll have to explain that to me, thanks disillusioned.

It's very difficult to explain, because, as you recognize,  I haven't experienced it. So I can't tell you what it feels like. But I can tell you what it doesn't feel like: anything. We can all imaging not feeling something. Not feeling tired, not feeling thirsty,  whatever. Imagine not feeling anything. Take every single thing that you feel,  and delete it. You're left with non-existence. It feels like nothing. It is nothing. And here is where asking the question "what did it feel like before you were born" has relevance. It felt like nothing,  because we didn't experience it, because we didn't exist. It's not something we can experience,  but it is something coherent. 

20 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

It's very difficult to explain, because, as you recognize,  I haven't experienced it. So I can't tell you what it feels like. But I can tell you what it doesn't feel like: anything. We can all imaging not feeling something. Not feeling tired, not feeling thirsty,  whatever. Imagine not feeling anything. Take every single that you feel,  and delete it. You're left with non-existence. It feels like nothing. It is nothing. And here is where asking the question "what did it feel like before you were born" has relevance. It felt like nothing,  because we didn't experience it, because we didn't exist. It's not something we can experience,  but it is something coherent. 

Ooo, I have the perfect song to complement your pov.

https://youtu.be/EFbdYvolxRM