Didn't know that but then doesn't that make you a poor deluded fool too? 🤓

No, unless you actually believe it.

23 minutes ago, hyperholiday said:

No, unless you actually believe it.

Gotta believe, bro.

16 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Gotta believe, bro.

You know what LuthAMF.

If an emergency in my life arose and I had to leave my child at home so I could deal with the impending issue, but the only people I could rely on to watch over them was a Christian on my street, or a child molester on my street.

I'd pick the child molester.

I'm not fucking with you, I would.

• Super Moderator

The problem with indoctrination for a child is that they have no defenses and can't reason it out for themselves. They trust whatever an authority figure tells them.  They never get the chance to make a decision.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, florduh said:

The problem with indoctrination for a child is that they have no defenses and can't reason it out for themselves. They trust whatever an authority figure tells them.  They never get the chance to make a decision.

Yeah, and that kind of shit stays with them for life.

7 hours ago, hyperholiday said:

Well I wouldn't be the Antichrist if I couldn't turn the faithful against their own holy book.

Sorry, man. I thought we were just playing along with your "antichrist" game.

12 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Of course it's always "brainwashing" when it comes from the Christian perspective. That prejudice precludes you from seeing it in your own "system" as you applaud yourselves.

What do you mean? It's brainwashing when it comes from any perspective, christian or otherwise. Sounds like someone has a little persecution complex going on. lol

What brainwashing are you referring to with 'our own system'? Which system and how does the alleged brainwashing work? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

What do you mean? It's brainwashing when it comes from any perspective, christian or otherwise. Sounds like someone has a little persecution complex going on. lol

What brainwashing are you referring to with 'our own system'? Which system and how does the alleged brainwashing work? 

Excuse me? This article is not lamenting and decrying brainwashing in general. It is quite pointedly directed at the Christian home.

10 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Excuse me? This article is not lamenting and decrying brainwashing in general. It is quite pointedly directed at the Christian home.

I'm a little confused. What article are we talking about? The OP has no visible article. And I don't see one thereafter. Have you confused this thread with another? Or have I missed the article we're discussing?

I'm telling you that brainwashing is not excusable, whether from christians or otherwise. 

Your thoughts? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

I'm a little confused. What article are we talking about? The OP has no visible article. And I don't see one thereafter. Have you confused this thread with another? Or have I missed the article we're discussing?

I'm telling you that brainwashing is not excusable, whether from christians or otherwise. 

Your thoughts? 

Although im not a christian,i still think that they arent in the wrong to educate their kids when they are young as it is their parents' believe and it is the way that they choose to educate them. However,they should not be judgemental,peer pressure or stop them when they want to leave the church when they grow older. I realise that when a christian decides to leave the church,christians become judgemental towards them and label them "lukewarm" and "ungodly". Christians judging those who choose to leave are hypocrites and they have no right to stop one from their free will. It isnt their business at all. They can convince them but not pressurize them to stay on the church. They also tend to get emotionally attatched to their friends in church. For some who are born in a christian family,their family is also in the church ,their relatives might also be christians. They might also fear hell and god's wrath and not leave the church because they do not want to go to hell so they stayed just to be "save". It surely takes a lot of courage to leave the church especially they are being taught that the god they believe love them and is true. It has already become part of their "common sense" just like 1+1=2. Imagine that u are suddenly told that math is a lie. You wouldnt be able to accept that.

43 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Your thoughts? 

Sorry...not a full article but the photo from another site being discussed is decidedly directed to Christianity.

• Super Moderator
14 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Of course it's always "brainwashing" when it comes from the Christian perspective. That prejudice precludes you from seeing it in your own "system" as you applaud yourselves.

You do understand that this is a site for Ex-Christians, right?

2 hours ago, florduh said:

You do understand that this is a site for Ex-Christians, right?

Yes. But I think fairness is to be expected also.😊

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Yes. But I think fairness is to be expected also.😊

Please, most everybody demonstrates more fairness than Christianity, which today is defined and led by right wing evangelicals with no tolerance whatsoever for women's rights, gays, equal access under the law, science and common sense. You want fair? Google "witch trials" and "Inquisition" and "gay wedding cake" and "separation clause" for starters.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, florduh said:

Please, most everybody demonstrates more fairness than Christianity, which today is defined and led by right wing evangelicals with no tolerance whatsoever for women's rights, gays, equal access under the law, science and common sense. You want fair? Google "witch trials" and "Inquisition" and "gay wedding cake" and "separation clause" for starters.

No, sir. I only hope to find fairness here. I cannot control those other things and I am not responsible for them. If you wish to know my own position, I would expect you to ask. 

If I have offended up to this point, I'm sorry. It may surprise you to find out my stance on things. 

On 5/19/2019 at 12:48 AM, MauriceLeShon said:

Children should DEFINITELY be taught to be atheists--and even God-haters--from the beginning!  Get rid of the stupid "godliness" right from the start!

Sorry that really sounds like a Christian line not an atheist one. Atheists don't say "god haters" because we don't believe He exists. You don't hate the non-existent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hyperholiday said:

I'd pick the child molester.

I'm not fucking with you, I would.

Then you are letting your anti-theist attitude endanger your loved ones. There are plenty of good Christians, plenty who are respectful and decent people. To fail to ask for help and instead rely on a known offender is a terrible decision to make. 

Even if you are worried about indoctrination, that takes months if not years of repetition to become fixed in a mind. Your child coming into connect with religion isn't like a disease they can catch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
59 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

No, sir. I only hope to find fairness here. I cannot control those other things and I am not responsible for them. If you wish to know my own position, I would expect you to ask. 

If I have offended up to this point, I'm sorry. It may surprise you to find out my stance on things.

You have established yourself here as a Christian apologist of sorts, but lacking any arguments or evidence against that which you have trashed. I need to see no more, thank you.

10 minutes ago, florduh said:

You have established yourself here as a Christian apologist of sorts, but lacking any arguments or evidence against that which you have trashed. I need to see no more, thank you.

I find that amusing. Ive not had time to "establish" myself. What, two or three days? You may have observed certain things and drawn conclusions and that's fine. I admit I have not made a good first impression. Do I recall you said you're a Moderator here? Ban me if you think it necessary but I'd ask that you not be so quick to write someone off. 

Lacking arguments? My points are not even considered. Nearly all have been automatically dismissed but you may say they're not worthy of attention.

At any rate, unless you do plan on a ban, I am in the process of writing my introduction which may "calm the waters" so to speak. Is that acceptable?

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I find that amusing. Ive not had time to "establish" myself. What, two or three days? You may have observed certain things and drawn conclusions and that's fine. I admit I have not made a good first impression. Do I recall you said you're a Moderator here? Ban me if you think it necessary but I'd ask that you not be so quick to write someone off. 

Lacking arguments? My points are not even considered. Nearly all have been automatically dismissed but you may say they're not worthy of attention.

At any rate, unless you do plan on a ban, I am in the process of writing my introduction which may "calm the waters" so to speak. Is that acceptable?

You have already introduced the real you, but feel free to write whatever you want. A ban is a damn hard thing to come by here so give it your best!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, florduh said:

Doesn't this work for any position? Who monitors the info given in the home? Children are, to a great degree, subject to authority. Do you intend to say "indoctrination" is only religious and therefore bad? Information could be horrendous in innumerable ways. But "never get a chance to make a decision"? They do grow. At what point do they acquire this "chance"?

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

You have already introduced the real you, but feel free to write whatever you want. A ban is a damn hard thing to come by here so give it your best!

No sir, I have not already introduced the real me. I already conceded and grant that you have observed and drawn certain negative conclusions, but you are not in any way familiar enough with me to make those limited conclusions definitive. I will make serious effort to be of some value here and maybe erase some of the negativity.

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

No sir, I have not already introduced the real me. I already conceded and grant that you have observed and drawn certain negative conclusions, but you are not in any way familiar enough with me to make those limited conclusions definitive. I will make serious effort to be of some value here and maybe erase some of the negativity.

So amaze me.

23 minutes ago, florduh said:

So amaze me.

Let's not get carried away.

12 hours ago, adelena4luv said:

Although im not a christian,i still think that they arent in the wrong to educate their kids when they are young as it is their parents' believe and it is the way that they choose to educate them. However,they should not be judgemental,peer pressure or stop them when they want to leave the church when they grow older.

This is understandable to some degree. Those of us who were born into christian homes don't have any recollection of anything else. I always realized and understood that my family was simply doing what they thought best according to what they sincerely believed. Even when I stopped believing it, I still understood that they 'know not what they do,' so to speak, when they are brainwashing others. They themselves are completely brainwashed and that just seems normal and correct. 

I had the luxury of setting forward a strong enough influence towards skepticism and non-belief that nearly everyone joined me in it eventually, given enough time to digest it all and come to their own conclusions. Which in the end, were merely obvious conclusions that anyone can make if they're honest with themselves. This so called "TRVTH," just doesn't add up in many ways.

Brainwashing is always brainwashing, though, regardless of whether or not they realize what it is they're doing. 

12 hours ago, adelena4luv said:

Christians judging those who choose to leave are hypocrites and they have no right to stop one from their free will. It isnt their business at all. They can convince them but not pressurize them to stay on the church. They also tend to get emotionally attatched to their friends in church. For some who are born in a christian family,their family is also in the church ,their relatives might also be christians. They might also fear hell and god's wrath and not leave the church because they do not want to go to hell so they stayed just to be "save". It surely takes a lot of courage to leave the church especially they are being taught that the god they believe love them and is true. It has already become part of their "common sense" just like 1+1=2. Imagine that u are suddenly told that math is a lie. You wouldnt be able to accept that.

Yes, that is very hypocritical of them to try and hinder or stop another person's so called god given freewill. And very courageous and difficult for them (us) to leave their respective churches. 

• Like 2