Goodbye Jesus

It all comes down to how you look at thing's

JohnnyWishbone

If the general person accepts the torture & execution of a person for the sole purpose of saving their necks. If the general person venerate's that torture & execution as pleasing, and expects that person to have suffered the greatest of pain for all people.

Then doesn't that make that person sadistic?

(One of the greatest traits of a saddest is denial)

Sound familiar, Christian's?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I don't think that extracting pleasure from torture/execution or any other form of horrific abuse is at issue with Christianity. But requiring the aforementioned punishments to be metered out certainly reveals the Christian god as not so loving, tolerant, patient, or forgiving as the fundy pundits apparently believe. 

Conversely,  the sheeple will hold that their god is vengeful and will smite the "enemies" of ... well...I'm not sure what. Anything that particular xtian feels is an enemy I suppose. 

• Super Moderator
18 minutes ago, MOHO said:

But requiring the aforementioned punishments to be metered out certainly reveals the Christian god as not so loving, tolerant, patient, or forgiving as the fundy pundits apparently believe. 

But god did not even spare his own son from torture and atrocity (for a couple of hours, at least).  Why would he spare you from it (for all of eternity)?  god is justified in punishing you because your filthy sin nature (with which he created you) is what made him punish his own son.  Stop whining and accept it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MOHO said:

I don't think that extracting pleasure from torture/execution or any other form of horrific abuse is at issue with Christianity. But requiring the aforementioned punishments to be metered out certainly reveals the Christian god as not so loving, tolerant, patient, or forgiving as the fundy pundits apparently believe. 

Conversely,  the sheeple will hold that their god is vengeful and will smite the "enemies" of ... well...I'm not sure what. Anything that particular xtian feels is an enemy I suppose. 

Ask any Christian if Jesus sacrifice was pleasing to their God, and they'll have to admit it was. On this basis the Christian has to view the horrific treatment of their Messiah as a good and pleasing thing, is this not sadism at it's heart?

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

But god did not even spare his own son from torture and atrocity (for a couple of hours, at least).  Why would he spare you from it (for all of eternity)?  god is justified in punishing you because your filthy sin nature (with which he created you) is what made him punish his own son.  Stop whining and accept it.

Indeed TRP, and how many Christian's have you run into in your life that derives a Godly pleasure from tormenting people with hell.

(God's want's to save you, they say)