Wertbag

Silly things that annoy

On 9/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, Wertbag said:

People who swear so much that its just a habit that shows their terrible lack of social ability. 

I was on the bus and listening to these two drop kick teenagers: "Did you go to Fkn Sam's party?" 

"Fk it was sweet, went Fkn hard all Fkn night and FKn caught up with that guy, whats his Fkn name?" 

"You mean that Fk Dave? Fkn bald Fk with the Fkn hot girlfriend?" 

"He kicked that fkn chick to the curb, she was fkn some other dumb fk" 

It was tragic to listen to, kind of like swearing instead of pausing for a breath. I can imagine they would be the same to their parents and openly said they abused their teachers cos "there's nothing they can fkn do" 

I work sometimes in a jail, and this is the standard format for inmate speech. I've said repeatedly that if they didn't say Fk it would be pretty quiet in there. 

On 9/22/2019 at 7:15 PM, Fuego said:

I work sometimes in a jail, and this is the standard format for inmate speech. I've said repeatedly that if they didn't say Fk it would be pretty quiet in there. 

Sounds like the Navy. Even for those who didn't swear, there was one acronym that was universally used: NFG. Applied to the data tag on a piece of broken equipment, it means No __ Good.

There is a joke about the sailors who are about to be discharged. The chaplain gathered them together for a talk about adjusting to civilian life. He told them about how some of the friends they might have had before they enlisted may have drifted away. He told them that they would qualify for various benefits. And finally, he said, "And when you sit down with your family for that first dinner at home, and you ask someone to pass the salt, don't describe it."

• Like 1

Speaking of acronyms have you ever heard of FUBAR?

Fucked up beyond all repair.

E.g: "Mate, my kayak is FUBAR"

46 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Speaking of acronyms have you ever heard of FUBAR?

Fucked up beyond all repair.

E.g: "Mate, my kayak is FUBAR"

One of those military ones like SNAFU - Situation Normal, all Fucked Up

On 7/29/2019 at 2:34 AM, Wertbag said:

I bought a second hand car,

Everything in the 'second hand market' around here are advertising the article to be ''Gently Used'' and it makes me crazzzzzzzy! Gently used sofa, gently used microwave, gently used car, gently used clothing,, gently used lamps, gently used laptop... and on and on and on. It's all ''Gently Used''.🙄

If I  was single right now and made an ad up on a dating service I would have to say, ''64 year old lady, Gently Used''.......😂 🤣

• Haha 2

Video game monetization. There has been a lot of controversy around how games are being monetised with full price games adding in cosmetic sales, downloadable content (dlc), and loot boxes. Several countries have categorised loot boxes as gambling. 

The frustration is that enough of the population buy into these schemes to make it profitable. We all get worse games because developers are stripping out content to resell as add-on. 

So, I find that everyone starts their sentences off with, ''So''........ and it drives me nuts! 😜

10 minutes ago, Margee said:

So, I find that everyone starts their sentences off with, ''So''........ and it drives me nuts! 😜

Oh shit... that's me. :lmao:So, I was thinking, So when we, so on and so forth.

So, Margee why does it drive you nuts?

Also are you sure you weren't nuts beforehand hand and it just manifests with "so"? :D :P 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Oh shit... that's me. :lmao:So, I was thinking, So when we, so on and so forth.

So, Margee why does it drive you nuts?

Also are you sure you weren't nuts beforehand hand and it just manifests with "so"? :D :P 

So, I think I have been quite nuts my whole life but never diagnosed.

I think sentences should begin with 'well'.

Well, I was thinking,

Well, the situation is not good,

Well, maybe we should go to the movies., etc.......

All the newscasters start just about every answer that the interviewer asks them by saying, ''so''. I do not know why this bugs me? I'm going to go and find me a good psychiatrist!! 😀 😜

So, I'm just in a silly mood today.....

• Haha 1

Public restroom sight lines.* Every once in a while I encounter a restroom wherein someone out in the main public space (restaurant, store, etc.) can, without any trouble, get a clear view of me while I'm standing at the urinal. Once in a while, it's the mirror over the sink that aids the view. Why don't architects and interior designers think of these things?

And another thing: parking lots wherein the aisles and spaces are so damn small you have to be some sort of Houdini to get your vehicle in or out of the space.

______

* Note I did not start with, or even include anywhere, the words "so" or "well." Do I get extra likes for that?

Speaking of bathrooms, some of the guys at work have an aversion to closing cubicle doors. I've had them say they don't want to touch the door handle and look at it like standing at a urinal. 

I just about walked into a guys back when the door was open and I hurried in. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.