Goodbye Jesus

Side Gallery: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

LogicalFallacy

5 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

I'll lay it out for you very simply.

I want you to say for EXAMPLE:

"I used to believe in the Incarnation. I no longer do because I have refuted the Incarnation and here's how..."

Or

"We used to recite the Apostolic creeds. I have refuted the Apostolic Creeds and here's how. Thus I no longer believe it."

Or

"Scripture says man is dead in trespasses and sin. I used to believe I was sinful but have refuted that I am a such 'sinful man' and heres how..."

You know. Stuff like that. Why is that so difficult?

Do you have specific reasons as to why you believe and do these things?  Why these things were important to you?  I'm guessing these were reasons you became a xian?  That you knew nothing of such things, felt something stir withing you, researched these items out of the blue with no prior knowledge and then joined the group that aligned with the answers that you had discovered on your own as opposed to things you were taught to accept as valid?

mwc

3 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's in the Testimonials forum, like I said, in plain English.  

Sorry but I ain't wading thru 112 pages of bitching to find it. Search doesn't bring it up so why not just link to it.

Oh yippee I found it

10 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

It's in the Testimonials forum, like I said, in plain English.  

You're a very good writer.

• Super Moderator
18 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

no wonder you're an incoherent mess

18 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

sing me another incoherent song, grampa.

3 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

You're a very good writer.

Hmm...

42 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Hmm...

Right. Doesn't mean you always make sense😆

...Or that what you say is always good.

Or you could just say thank you.

3 hours ago, mwc said:

Do you have specific reasons as to why you believe and do these things?  Why these things were important to you?  I'm guessing these were reasons you became a xian?  That you knew nothing of such things, felt something stir withing you, researched these items out of the blue with no prior knowledge and then joined the group that aligned with the answers that you had discovered on your own as opposed to things you were taught to accept as valid?

mwc

🤐

Not even close.

5 hours ago, mwc said:

I'm guessing these were reasons you became a xian?  

mwc

What is a "xian"?

Do you have an aversion to the word "Christ"?

13 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

god seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sending us apologists these days.  Bless his heart. 

May be.

Ears to hear, Prof. Ears to hear. Then it doesn't matter who, does it?

Well that clears it up. It's our fault, ladies and gentlemen. If only we had ears to hear. Sadly, we are as God made us. Or didn't, as the case may be.

34 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

Well that clears it up. It's our fault, ladies and gentlemen. If only we had ears to hear. Sadly, we are as God made us. Or didn't, as the case may be.

Why did God make us without ears to hear....I guess if we don't have ears to hear we are exempt from God's wrath...right? 

On 7/25/2019 at 7:21 AM, LuthAMF said:

Shameful behavior. So you agree there is a standard for decent dialog but you're not bound to it so can just let fly. I don't think I trust what you consider shameful behavior in light of that.

I am bound by my ethics to give as good as I get.   I only play nice with people who also play nice.  If someone is insulting or threatening, they get it thrown back in their faces.

You forfeited any claim to my respect a long time ago, and you're not getting it back until you cease and desist with the insults and start expressing yourself in a more dignified manner.

4 hours ago, disillusioned said:

It's always the fault if fallen man. Seriously, dude. How can you object to this unless you just insist there's no such thing as sin.  Yeah. You go for that. What deception.

1 hour ago, Astreja said:

I am bound by my ethics to give as good as I get.   I only play nice with people who also play nice.  If someone is insulting or threatening, they get it thrown back in their faces.

You forfeited any claim to my respect a long time ago, and you're not getting it back until you cease and desist with the insults and start expressing yourself in a more dignified manner.

Sorry to hear that.

"I am bound by my ethics". So someone else's "ethics" can trump your "ethics"?

I don't live for your "respect". Who knows what warrants such. What are you insulted by? That Christisnity calls us "sinful"? Who knows what constitutes "dignified" in your world? 

And since this one post is your only offering here, what in the world are you even talking about?

6 hours ago, midniterider said:

Why did God make us without ears to hear....I guess if we don't have ears to hear we are exempt from God's wrath...right? 

Wrong. The Ex-Christian botches doctrine AGAIN. No wonder you're Ex. Utterly confused.

59 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Sorry to hear that.

"I am bound by my ethics". So someone else's "ethics" can trump your "ethics"?

I don't live for your "respect". Who knows what warrants such. What are you insulted by? That Christisnity calls us "sinful"? Who knows what constitutes "dignified" in your world? 

And since this one post is your only offering here, what in the world are you even talking about?

For the record, this is now my ninth post in this thread.

And here are just some of the childish, undignified things you have said on Ex-C:

On 7/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, LuthAMF said:

Well, weve yet to find a cure for debilitating and profound  mental disorders so I'm sorry your cognitive skills remain infantile. Someday science though...

On 5/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, LuthAMF said:

Excellent. One less to deal with. So, as an admitted impervious dullard, just make sure from this point that you do not attempt to discuss it with anyone.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:26 PM, LuthAMF said:

Excuse me, but I am expected to dump complex cosmology on this poor ignorant vacuum-encased person? The text says what it says so far. Can Vacuum Man Google? 

Grow the fuck up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

What is a "xian"?

Do you have an aversion to the word "Christ"?

From the Wikipedia entry for Christogram:

The most commonly encountered Christogram in English-speaking countries in modern times is the Χ (or more accurately, the Greek letter chi), representing the first letter of the word Christ, in such abbreviations as Xmas (for "Christmas") and Xian or Xtian (for "Christian").

mwc

11 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

🤐

Not even close.

It wasn't supposed to be.  No one forms their beliefs that way.

mwc

5 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

It's always the fault if fallen man. Seriously, dude. How can you object to this unless you just insist there's no such thing as sin.  Yeah. You go for that. What deception.

For the record, I do hold that there is no such thing as sin.

Carry on.

• Super Moderator

Ears to hear don't do any good on a website where posts are written.  You'd think an omniscient god would have realized that.  Maybe "eyes to read" was the phrase he was looking for...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Wrong. The Ex-Christian botches doctrine AGAIN. No wonder you're Ex. Utterly confused.

LoL. 

On 7/27/2019 at 4:38 AM, disillusioned said:

For the record, I do hold that there is no such thing as sin.

Carry on.

Since sin is transgression of the law of truth then I can't help but wonder what record you are referring to....

On 7/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ears to hear don't do any good on a website where posts are written.  You'd think an omniscient god would have realized that.  Maybe "eyes to read" was the phrase he was looking for...

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light ; Luke 12:3

Look at the light in front of you, did you hear that....:ouch:

On 7/26/2019 at 7:13 PM, midniterider said:

and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Prov 17:28

Do you know who said  let your eyes listen. ?  

So how many of you believed that faith comes by hearing and hearing by reading the Bible?

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Justus said:

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light ; Luke 12:3

Look at the light in front of you, did you hear that....:ouch:

No.  I didn't hear anything.