Goodbye Jesus

Side Gallery: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

LogicalFallacy

• Super Moderator
42 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Now I think (But who cares what I think, right?)

You often say this, or some variation of it.  Thinking doesn't seem to work out too well for you; you should leave it to the grown-ups.   

33 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You often say this, or some variation of it.  Thinking doesn't seem to work out too well for you; you should leave it to the grown-ups.   

See @Griffin? Like that. As Sheldon Cooper says, that's a "Bazinga." Now me and Prof can get back to cordial and substantive comment. Thanks Prof!

3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

From what I can see, there's no identifiable Christians here to spike punch. Who and where are they?

Lurking readers, probably. I just wondered if you are associated with christforums and took the baton from William? Whatever the case, we are experiencing a large spike in views for the debate and side gallery. 

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Self depreciation?

Is that a bad thing?

Fishing for compassion?

Nonono. Not here.

Explain this, though I will predict you won't touch it because it is from scriptures only. Prove my predication wrong and respond.

Why do I get the feeling this is your pet objection and this is a baited question? Is this your "Gotcha!" move?

"Won't touch it..."

We have no reason to shy away from anything.

Who was a liar and murderer from the beginning?

I'll do this one first. The answer is John 8:44.

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

Cain offered the first fruits. He was the first biblical murderer and he lied about it.
He fathered sons. One was the father of all who played the harp, and one was the father of all who lived in tents and kept cattle.
King David played the harp.

Israel lived in tents and kept cattle.

Jesus was the root and the offspring of David.

Guess what that makes Jesus, whom offers the first fruits to god?

1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

Lurking readers, probably. I just wondered if you are associated with christforums and took the baton from William? Whatever the case, we are experiencing a large spike in views for the debate and side gallery. 

Associated with William? No.

Evidently i have not been nearly as clear as I thought in our debate. I will try to do better if the "spike" indicates a growing interest. Not that you alone were not worthy of clarity, you understand.

I think I owe a couple people answers on the outside here but I'll give the debate the best I can and see how we go.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

I was unable to quote your reply, LuthAMF, because you placed it within a quote. I wasn't asking for the book and verse. I was asking you to think on your own while examining what the bible says about Israel, David, and Jesus through symbolism.

I did think on my own. My mind immediately went to the very familiar passage where Jesus says specifically who is the liar and murderer from the beginning. Next.

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I did think on my own. My mind immediately went to the very familiar passage where Jesus says specifically who is the liar and murderer from the beginning. Next.

That sounds more like your mind did what it was conditioned/trained to do.  That's different from thinking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That sounds more like your mind did what it was conditioned/trained to do.  That's different from thinking.

Oh. So when a biblical question is asked, I'm supposed to give a non-biblical answer. Is that how it's done here?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Oh. So when a biblical question is asked, I'm supposed to give a non-biblical answer. Is that how it's done here?

Or, you could attempt to truly understand what I actually said. 

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Or, you could attempt to truly understand what I actually said. 

Self preservation at all cost is a staple of yours. 

I answered the guy's question. Move along.

31 minutes ago, Griffin said:

@Luth

You asked a question. I answered your question. 

28 minutes ago, Griffin said:

@LuthAMF might just be here because of his hatred to atheists. Check out his YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiNbnNyMFIdXSo2Nq26V3Ng

After reviewing his answers and posts here, it is obvious he is purposely generating frustration and discord. Ignore the guy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha hahaha

WeeeeeeHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Dude, you are seriously wayyyy late  to the bashing party. Go get a hobby or something. 

Who said I hate atheists? When have I ever said it? That's right...I haven't because I dont. 

How bout YOU ignore me and let others do as they will. 

3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Who said I hate atheists? When have I ever said it? That's right...I haven't because I dont.

I do not believe you.  Your posts reek with contempt.  You have set yourself up as the Designated Adult in the room, imagining that you have all the truth and we have none.

You don't need to say that you hate atheists -- your behaviour is evidence enough.

5 hours ago, Astreja said:

I do not believe you.  Your posts reek with contempt.  You have set yourself up as the Designated Adult in the room, imagining that you have all the truth and we have none.

You don't need to say that you hate atheists -- your behaviour is evidence enough.

Yes mommy.

You've already told me this. Can I go outside and play now?

13 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Yes mommy.

You've already told me this. Can I go outside and play now?

No its time for you to go to bed now :D 

42 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

No its time for you to go to bed now :D 

But I just got up.

• Super Moderator

Hey guys, just a reminder: the Josh vs. Luth Informal thread is just for the two of them to have their debate.  This thread (Side Gallery) is for the rest of us to give our thoughts and commentaries in.  Please be respectful of this and leave the other thread to Josh and Luth.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Luth: If Creation is not proven or proveable to your satisfaction (which is itself presumptive arrogance) the bible itself fails.

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Luth: If Creation is not proven or proveable to your satisfaction (which is itself presumptive arrogance) the bible itself fails.

Exactly. 

So, yours is presumptive arrogance.

Yours is presumptive acceptance. 

57 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Yours is presumptive acceptance. 

Of course it is. Got anything else?

• Super Moderator

Yes.  As a matter of fact, all strawmen are liars who have never proven anything, even the ones who became college presidents. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes.  As a matter of fact, all strawmen are liars who have never proven anything, even the ones who became college presidents. 

Automatic straw man, huh? Dont even have to read a word they said? 

Judgemental much?

• Super Moderator
22 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Automatic straw man, huh? Dont even have to read a word they said? 

Judgemental much?

You have no more idea about who I have, or have not, read than you do about how to make a cogent argument.

That said, my literary preferences have nothing to do with you presenting a strawman against Josh.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You have no more idea about who I have, or have not, read than you do about how to make a cogent argument.

That said, my literary preferences have nothing to do with you presenting a strawman against Josh.

If you've read them you would know they make no straw man arguments, so...

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

If you've read them you would know they make no straw man arguments, so...

jesus god damn christ, son.  Are you naturally this stupid or do you just work really hard at it?

YOU made a strawman argument by bringing these guys up when Josh called on you to support your claims.  Rather than prove that your god exists, or that the bible is true, YOU went off on a tangent about how these guys wrote papers and became university presidents.  THAT is the strawman to which I refer.

• Haha 1