Side Gallary: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

9 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Or 5,700 plus views and counting.....

Pfffft… fake numbers.

Its just you looking at the thread 5000+ times :D 

• Haha 2

Luth:  jesus is real

Ex-c chorus:  prove it

Luth:  I don't have to.  The bible already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  so prove the bible is true.

Luth:  I don't have to.  god already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  prove that god exists.

Luth:  I don't have to.  It's accepted a priori. 

Ex-c chorus:  ...

This clown has nothing more to offer but unfounded assertions, strawman arguments, and ad hominems.  If this is the best that an "omnipotent" god has to offer, then jesus is as big a joke as Luth is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Or 5,700 plus views and counting.....

I don't know how they're tallied  but why are these people sneaking around? Who are they waiting to ambush? If their numbers are that big LOOK OUT they're gonna take over.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Luth:  jesus is real

Ex-c chorus:  prove it

Luth:  I don't have to.  The bible already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  so prove the bible is true.

Luth:  I don't have to.  god already proved it.

Ex-c chorus:  prove that god exists.

Luth:  I don't have to.  It's accepted a priori. 

Ex-c chorus:  ...

This clown has nothing more to offer but unfounded assertions, strawman arguments, and ad hominems.  If this is the best that an "omnipotent" god has to offer, then jesus is as big a joke as Luth is.

That about sums it up. 

And the pigeon goes off to wherever they go to brag about their prowess in chess.

2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

That about sums it up. 

Thanks Josh!

'Preciate it.

2 hours ago, webmdave said:

I believe Luth's position and style of arguing may be adequately explained here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional_apologetics

Sad to admit, but many years ago I would have argued alongside him. 

Label it. So What? Does that make it wrong. Do you have none yourself?

4 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Label it. So What? Does that make it wrong. Do you have none yourself?

Thank you for acknowledging that you're a presuppositionalist. I'll list a few common presuppositions from a rationalwiki article on the subject and address them as a naturalist as an example of how you might communicate an honest, personal opinion while citing from other sources:

• A God exists.
    • I doubt this, especially one that humans would be able to relate to.
  • Spirituality exists.
    •  Humans (but not canines) have at least one soul.
      • I doubt this, as personality and memories are tied so strongly to the brain and its health and survival.
    • An afterlife (as distinct from reincarnation) exists.
      • I doubt this, as personality and memories are tied so strongly to the brain and its health and survival.
  • A universe (and its included creatures and critters[6]) implies creation.
    • I disagree. The nature of the universe is one of death and chaos, not of life and intelligent design.
  • Divine omniscience interacts in some mysterious way with free will.
    • Though I have not managed to adequately resolve the tension between determinism and free will, I don't see anyone steering the ship.
  • Human nature inclines to anti-social behavior[7] (sin).
    • We all act selfishly at times but have evolved in community and tend to act altruistically at times as well.

I can expound on my reasoning for coming to these conclusions and provide sources if you're interested. I would expect the same from someone else with a reasonable amount of integrity. And, no, Christianity did not invent the concept of integrity, nor do I consider it authoritative on the subject.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrueFreedom said:

Thank you for acknowledging that you're a presuppositionalist. I'll list a few common presuppositions from a rationalwiki article on the subject and address them as a naturalist as an example of how you might communicate an honest, personal opinion while citing from other sources:

• A God exists.
    • I doubt this, especially one that humans would be able to relate to.
  • Spirituality exists.
    •  Humans (but not canines) have at least one soul.
    • An afterlife (as distinct from reincarnation) exists.
  • A universe (and its included creatures and critters[6]) implies creation.
    • I disagree. The nature of the universe is one of death and chaos, not of life and intelligent design.
  • Divine omniscience interacts in some mysterious way with free will.
    • Though I have not managed to adequately resolve the tension between determinism and free will, I don't see anyone steering the ship.
  • Human nature inclines to anti-social behavior[7] (sin).
    • We all act selfishly at times but have evolved in community and tend to act altruistically at times as well.

I can expound on my reasoning for coming to these conclusions and provide sources if you're interested. I would expect the same from someone else with a reasonable amount of integrity. And, no, Christianity did not invent the concept of integrity, nor do I consider it authoritative on the subject.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO... Not WIKI!!!!!

4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

I don't know how they're tallied  but why are these people sneaking around? Who are they waiting to ambush? If their numbers are that big LOOK OUT they're gonna take over.

They may be in a family which has instituted a corporate belief system of Christianity. They have been taught to never question Christianity. Questioning results in sanctions against them or in some cases physical abuse. So they just lurk. Watching is not questioning, necessarily. Some probably just read without getting an account. Others may get an account but never post. People on some other forums use throw away accounts because their believer spouse or siblings will recognize them when they do post about the emotional manipulation their family engages in. Everyday (elsewhere) I read posts where someone wants to tell their parents they dont believe in Jesus but are afraid of the fallout. Some are already dealing with the fallout after spilling the beans. Sometimes somebody comes out to their spouse so now they are doing damage control with their marriage. 

Some people are so programmed by Christianity that they cannot conceive of letting a family member have their own freedom of thought. These type of Christians insist that family members 'believe' in Jesus through coercion, though they dont seem to think that real belief can't be forced. 

• Thanks 1

Telling us what ought to have been rather than what was done.  ~Luth

Yes, how dare we look to history to tell us what happened... in history.

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

They may be in a family which has instituted a corporate belief system of Christianity. They have been taught to never question Christianity. Questioning results in sanctions against them or in some cases physical abuse. So they just lurk. Watching is not questioning, necessarily. Some probably just read without getting an account. Others may get an account but never post. People on some other forums use throw away accounts because their believer spouse or siblings will recognize them when they do post about the emotional manipulation their family engages in. Everyday (elsewhere) I read posts where someone wants to tell their parents they dont believe in Jesus but are afraid of the fallout. Some are already dealing with the fallout after spilling the beans. Sometimes somebody comes out to their spouse so now they are doing damage control with their marriage. 

Some people are so programmed by Christianity that they cannot conceive of letting a family member have their own freedom of thought. These type of Christians insist that family members 'believe' in Jesus through coercion, though they dont seem to think that real belief can't be forced. 

Yayyyyy for coercion!

Double yayyy for programming!

Boooooo freedom. Bad bad bad.

What color is the sky in your world?

4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

What color is the sky in your world?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/320-blue-skies-eye-beholder.html

9 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

God's Creation IS amazing, is it not?

Absolutely.  I'm particularly amazed at how he created Lucifer and the fallen angels, and then created hell for them, and then decided to throw everybody else into hell except for you and your 4 YouTube subscribers.   The sheer stupidity of god's "creation" truly staggers the imagination.

Here are a few more amazing "creations" of god's:

https://www.popsci.com/human-eye-parasites/

https://www.medicinenet.com/necrotizing_fasciitis/article.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

https://www.chop.edu/conditions-diseases/osteosarcoma

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Absolutely.  I'm particularly amazed at how he created Lucifer and the fallen angels, and then created hell for them, and then decided to throw everybody else into hell except for you and your 4 YouTube subscribers.   The sheer stupidity of god's "creation" truly staggers the imagination.

Here are a few more amazing "creations" of god's:

https://www.popsci.com/human-eye-parasites/

https://www.medicinenet.com/necrotizing_fasciitis/article.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

https://www.chop.edu/conditions-diseases/osteosarcoma

Lets not forget the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I mean the tree ok... but fruit on it that Eve could eat? It's like putting steak in front of a dog, walking away then giving it a hiding when you come back to find the steak eaten.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Lets not forget the tree of knowledge of good and evil. I mean the tree ok... but fruit on it that Eve could eat? It's like putting steak in front of a dog, walking away then giving it a hiding when you come back to find the steak eaten.

Like I say, you never understood squat and now your black mind still attempts to talk about it. Idiocy.

If anybody else is getting sick of this obnoxious fuck, speak up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

Meeee!

Go eat your pigeon crap.

Up.

Ok y'all this has been fun. 

Hee hee hee

1 hour ago, florduh said:

I pegged poster LuthAMF as a narcissistic little shit in a post in this thread on May 30, 2019, identified him as a TULIP wannabe (i.e., Calvinist) on June 5, 2019, and commented in the few subsequent posts about his disingenuousness, projection and other things.

His posts have certainly served as an example to members and lurkers alike of how presuppositional religious beliefs can foster serious emotional, psychological and mental dysfunctions.  I think that lesson has been well demonstrated.

And let's not forget Josh's mature and rational attempt to engage poster LuthAMF in the parallel "informal debate" thread, from which we were given only more of poster LuthAMF's hubris, discordance and bleating. 

Allowing him to continue to expose his empty suit, with attendant vacuous vitriol, focused hate and irrational nonsense is not going to help members or lurkers any further, and is only going to foster a deepening of his unfortunate malady.  For his own good, he should simply go away.

Yes, ban him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the above sentiments. It's devolved to the point where apparently I have a black mind. No doubt he means something alone the lines of the bible verse talking about reprobate minds... but he doesn't bother to engage the points made nor back up unfounded assertions.

• Like 2

"Yes" to a ban.

• Like 1