Goodbye Jesus

Side Gallery: LuthAMF vs Joshpantera

LogicalFallacy

3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Do we answer a fool according to his folly or do we not answer a fool according to his folly?

Do we continue playing chess with pigeon's or do we not?

Such big questions to ponder.

I think Raven said it best. Honour is a fools prize, and glory is of no use to the dead.

@Justus Too much obfuscation for me. You seem to want to discuss everything except the actual point. You either don't understand my points or are ignoring them in order to create your own narrative. Either way I'm wasting time attempting discussion.

• Super Moderator

And.... this one goes to the pigeon!!!

41 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Nor I to him. 

The very nature of self deception.

41 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Do we continue playing chess with Pidgeon's or do we not?

Such big questions to ponder.

I think Raven said it best. Honour is a fools prize, and glory is of no use to the dead.

@Justus Too much obfuscation for me. You seem to want to discuss everything except the actual point. You either don't understand my points or are ignoring them in order to create your own narrative. Either way I'm wasting time attempting discussion.

So it indeed depends on what the fool says. Such as "Do we continue playing chess with Pidgeon's or do we not?"

6 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

So it indeed depends on what the fool says. Such as "Do we continue playing chess with Pidgeon's or do we not?"

Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fools who argue with him?

Much to ponder on.

The bible says call no man a fool.

The bible also says the fool has said in his heart there is no god.

Does this mean that women are fools?

So profound.

• Super Moderator
19 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

The very nature of self deception.

Prove it.

1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Remember, if you say grass is green, an expert Horticulturalist is going to nail you. Plus, God being God can speak any language necessary to confound an arrogant fool. He's not obligated to you.

Are you sure a horticulturalist would do this?  I'm pretty sure, unless there is some color-blindness in the mix, that we could agree on the color of the grass.  As it is I have to read what you have written and interpret it to understand it in a way that means that the grass may be green in color, which I may take mean the grass is healthy, but horticulturalist may be able to tell me otherwise.  Which goes back the original point of clarity in communications.  It doesn't always happen but at least in an interactive forum we can ask questions in order to, hopefully, get more clarification but the gods aren't quite so accommodating.

mwc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Much to ponder on.

Looks like smooth, well groomed biblical consistency to me....

20 minutes ago, mwc said:

Are you sure a horticulturalist would do this?  I'm pretty sure, unless there is some color-blindness in the mix, that we could agree on the color of the grass

You need to talk to Prof.

27 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Prove it.

Yours is self-authenticating.

I've never seen a Christian on this board answer the mixed fabrics or lobster question. 

Following God's biblical rules falls into two categories for Christians:

1. If they want to follow the rule, they will. 

2. If they dont want to follow the rule, they wont. 

Christians hammer us hard with bible principles while at the same time ignoring bible principles. 

Just now, LuthAMF said:

You need to talk to Prof.

I probably should.  But just so you know they used to grow sod around where I worked when I was younger (they still do grow it as of my last visit out that way actually) and I wasn't unfamiliar with those folks.  I can tell you from experience that we could agree that the grass was green.

mwc

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Yours is self-authenticating.

Then you should find it easy to prove, unlike all of the other claims you've made but failed miserably to support. 

Much to ponder on.

Looks like smooth, well groomed biblical consistency to me....

Wait a sec , Josh we need to whip out some Hermanooooooticz  and Eggs-o-jesus on this shit! I know one scripture says Call no man a foo! And the other one calls man a foo! I know we can square that somehow!!! Let me think. Let me think. We'll need word salad for this. It's a matter of making YES and NO mean the same thing. If you're a Christian, it's no problem. 
  • Haha 1

I can one up myself:

The Bible said Call no man a fool

Jesus said "Fools and slow of heart"

Jesus is breaking his fathers command... no wait he's breaking his own command.... wait or is it his ghosts command? Who knows, we are but fools.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Then you should find it easy to prove, unlike all of the other claims you've made but failed miserably to support. 

So predictable.  I can literally make you say what I want. 

4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

It's called the science of Hermeneutics and the use of the discipline Exegesis.

Hermaneutics and exegesis...understanding the Bible's to mean whatever I think it means. Sweetness. My discernment process says that "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that all people shall have everlasting life." John 3:16 is awesome when I apply 'discernment' to it. And that's what it means too. I feel Jesus nodding to the affirmative on this point. 

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

But what about the millions who have read his word and believed; but are still deceived because they had the wrong interpretation of the wrong translation, and god never bothered to clarify himself for them.

There are no such people. You've conjured them up out of your own head in order to make a point that does not exist either.

10 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

There are no such people. You've conjured them up out of your own head in order to make a point that does not exist either.

Sure. If you say so.

14 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Conjures up 1.285 billion Catholics.

Conjures up 35 million non-trinitarians.

Conjures up 200,000 Unitarians.

Conjures up 14.8 million Mormons.

Lord Jesus could you please send us a Christian with intelligence? Please please?

• Haha 2

Christian apologetics: The art of waving away the argument of any interlocutor.

You can get degrees and PhD's in this stuff!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

Sure. If you say so.

Not directed at you was it? What do you care.

53 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Conjures up 35 million non-trinitarians.

Non-trinitarian are not Christian. They are not "believers". Tho God has sufficiently clarified Himself to them (and you). The issue is not with God. 

Conjures up 1.285 billion Catholics.

The translation has nothing to do with Roman Catholicism either. Although they include the Apocryphal books,  it has nothing to do with their false Gospel.

Conjures up 200,000 Unitarians.

Unitarians are not Christian. Translations mean nothing because they do not believe scripture.

Conjures up 14.8 million Mormons.

Mormons. You think Mormons are Christian believers. And I'm supposed to grant you credibility? 

And y'all are supposed to be "savvy and formidable". 

Lord Jesus, thank you that you are true. Men are blind.

15 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Non-trinitarian are not Christian. They are not "believers". Tho God has sufficiently clarified Himself to them (and you). The issue is not with God. 

The translation has nothing to do with Roman Catholicism either. Although they include the Apocryphal books,  it has nothing to do with their false Gospel.

Unitarians are not Christian. Translations mean nothing because they do not believe scripture.

Mormons. You think Mormons are Christian believers. And I'm supposed to grant you credibility? 

Bwahahahaha this is awesome!!

your logical fallacy is:

no true scotsman

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

You made what could be called an appeal to purity as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of your argument.

In this form of faulty reasoning one's belief is rendered unfalsifiable because no matter how compelling the evidence is, one simply shifts the goalposts so that it wouldn't apply to a supposedly 'true' example. This kind of post-rationalization is a way of avoiding valid criticisms of one's argument.

Example: Angus declares that Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge, to which Lachlan points out that he is a Scotsman and puts sugar on his porridge. Furious, like a true Scot, Angus yells that no true Scotsman sugars his porridge.

I think due to the prevelance of Christian form of this particular fallacy we could make an new sub category: The no true Christian fallacy

Person x claims that Person A is a Christian. Person B exclaims that person A is not a Christian because [insert list of ensuing bullshit].

I need to point out that LuthAMF is not a true Christian because he does not hold to the doctrine I hold to says random generic Christian observer.

(PS wait for the "your logical fallacies don't count/matter/I don't care about argument")

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Christian apologetics: The art of waving away the argument of any interlocutor.

You can get degrees and PhD's in this stuff!

No. It's the art and science of exposing absurdities of alleged arguments.

Believe it or not, they grant degrees and PhD's for free online to folks like you too.